Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Roland Duchâtelet on... (Interview with CAFC Official)

1235»

Comments

• CAFCdamo said:

What I've realised is the "huh"s become more frequent and louder when he is lying.

Yes, I thought the same, huh.
    Does that mean your didn't really think the same? :wink:
  • C4FC4L1f3 said:

this is what i want to do in the office after watching this shit!

which one of those two guys signed Lepoint ?
  • The lack of a plan for relegation is frightening. These delusional freaks honestly believe it isn't going to happen.

Wise up you fucking clowns. It has already happened. We are as good as gone.

Its your fault and I hope it fucking bankrupts you.

• Stig said:

The lack of a plan for relegation is frightening. These delusional freaks honestly believe it isn't going to happen.

Wise up you fucking clowns. It has already happened. We are as good as gone.

Its your fault and I hope it fucking bankrupts you.

Can only hope that they aren't planning for it because they won't be involved!
  • We go down, he loses money ...the only good thing to come out of this
  • @magic1999 your 40 year loyalty is highly commendable and makes my 32 years seem somehow inadequate. However I do find salvation in the fact that you talk bollocks and are factually incorrect.

Fear not about my negativity or who I support, maybe not today, or tomorrow, but one day we can both stand side by side, live, laugh, love and be happy....
  • The only way RD can get his money back and make a profit for himself is to get us back into The Premiership.

Will he see the light eventually and spend handfuls of money to make this happen or will he just sink beneath the waves still swimming against the tide clinging onto a piece of driftwood with "self-belief" etched on the side?
  • The only way RD can get his money back and make a profit for himself is to get us back into The Premiership.

Will he see the light eventually and spend handfuls of money to make this happen or will he just sink beneath the waves still swimming against the tide clinging onto a piece of driftwood with "self-belief" etched on the side?

Getting in to the premier league seems highly unlikely given the Dublin interview, where Miere is highly critical of the wages commanded by players and of the spending it takes to get there. Instead we have the "unique real fan experience" idea which just needs the the football league to market the Championship a bit better...
  • Mackle said:

Getting in to the premier league seems highly unlikely given the Dublin interview, where Miere is highly critical of the wages commanded by players and of the spending it takes to get there. Instead we have the "unique real fan experience" idea which just needs the the football league to market League One a bit better...

• Sponsored links:

• edited March 2016
    <
    Mackle said:

The only way RD can get his money back and make a profit for himself is to get us back into The Premiership.

Getting in to the premier league seems highly unlikely given the Dublin interview, where Miere is highly critical of the wages commanded by players and of the spending it takes to get there. Instead we have the "unique real fan experience" idea which just needs the the football league to market League Two a bit better...
  • edited March 2016
    I totally agree with his list of skills that a successful manager head coach needs to have. So if he knows this, what does he keep appointing the complete opposite?

I'd be more interested in listening to an un-scripted interview by someone with no connections to the club, instead of him just getting his Broom out of the cupboard and handing him a list of questions to ask............
  • edited March 2016

There is a bloke in my local who will argue until the cows come home, that it's still work in progress, Roly has done some good blah blah blah

He posts on here as seriouslyred.
  • A guy on the Charlton fans Facebook page has posted about how RD & KM are in discussion with the FA to change our name to something that will appeal to more fans in London :
    https://m.facebook.com/groups/2226085278?view=permalink&id=10153954546015279
  • That's a mobile link to a closed group!
  • edited March 2016
    JiMMy 85 said:

That's a mobile link to a closed group!

Think you might have to request to join the page..

it reads : THOUGHTS???
    I've just got off the phone to a friend of mine who still works down Charlton and I will get in trouble for this but has to be said!! Roland and our CEO are to begin discussions with the Football League and FA about a name change for the club! I don't know what the name change proposal is as that obviously kept in the boardroom!

It's believed that the idea has been suggested by Katrien to improve attendances to attract other people in London to create a unique product and better match day experience!

I do not know how advance these proposals are as I'm no longer working there but it could explain why so many people who work internally at Charlton (non playing) are walking away! If the FA were to approve the Belgians name change then everyone who worked to get back to The Valley in the late 80s early 90s worthless!

They've already said last year on video they don't care about out history and heritage so what I've been told could be very well true!
  • sammy391 said:

A guy on the Charlton fans Facebook page has posted about how RD & KM are in discussion with the FA to change our name to something that will appeal to more fans in London :
    https://m.facebook.com/groups/2226085278?view=permalink&id=10153954546015279

It's the same guy that said on Tuesday that the club were going to back track on Sunday's statement and go after protesting fans.
  • Sponsored links:

• sammy391 said:

JiMMy 85 said:

That's a mobile link to a closed group!

Think you might have to request to join the page..

it reads : THOUGHTS???
    I've just got off the phone to a friend of mine who still works down Charlton and I will get in trouble for this but has to be said!! Roland and our CEO are to begin discussions with the Football League and FA about a name change for the club! I don't know what the name change proposal is as that obviously kept in the boardroom!

It's believed that the idea has been suggested by Katrien to improve attendances to attract other people in London to create a unique product and better match day experience!

I do not know how advance these proposals are as I'm no longer working there but it could explain why so many people who work internally at Charlton (non playing) are walking away! If the FA were to approve the Belgians name change then everyone who worked to get back to The Valley in the late 80s early 90s worthless!

They've already said last year on video they don't care about out history and heritage so what I've been told could be very well true!
    Have you forwarded this on to CARD? The idea needs to be nipped in the bud asap - give them as much adverse publicity as we can.

Yes, she's already said she's not interested in the history of the club (although she's got no problem using Robinson/Mendonca to sell STs), the (few) replies they've sent on the new fans e-mail all basically point the blame at the fans who are protesting, and they really do seem quite happy to see that sizeable majority walk away and never come back.

Are they so naive that they expect to be able to tear the heart out of the club, call it the Greenwich Gladiators or Blackheath Bulls or some other equally weird, sorry, unique name, and then sell that 'product' or 'brand' to tourists? For the 'neutral' with £20/30/40 to spend, they'll go to West Ham, Arsenal, anywhere but the Valley - who's gonna pay hard earned cash to watch a buch of here today, gone tomorrow nobodies? Squirrel Face would have to be some kind of marketing genius to make that work, and as we've seen so far, whatever she is, she ain't no marketing genius.

I can't even imagine a football club surviving as some kind of sterile franchise - no covered end support, no away support, no history, no present, no future - no soul: like one of those Indian PL cricket teams.

Despite all the progress of CARD, I've long since had a niggling doubt that Rat and KM aren't going anywhere, and this could all end up as another Wimbledon/fans Manchester United.
  • How much can he spend to keep within FFP in Div 1?
  • Does this ring any bells whom it could fit at CAFC?

uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/5-signs-your-boss-could-be-a-psychopath--according-to-science-152741217.html
  • addick05 said:

magic1999 said:

Rome was not built in a fucking day or 2 years ..... to many I want glory now no matter what it costs on this site (flag if you bloody want) that fact we have a bit of financial stability behind the club and an owner who is willing to try and change things hopefully for the better give them a bloody chance. Yes the turn around of managers has not helped and hopefully Jose will be able to see out his contract and hopefully get it extented, we have some great youth prospects that need deveoping and a bit of first team exposure will be good for them, its a matter of getting the mix of die hards, championship/prem experience and youth mix get behind the team cheer them on on the pitch and onwards and upwards .....

Well, that's completely overturned all my firmly held beliefs about the history of Rome, but, if we want to use the comparison...

Rome, unlike RD's Charlton, had plenty of experienced leaders in the field, and had a tendency to overcome opponents, right up until about c150 AD. In its centuries of growth, the Romans were ruthless and efficient, they were always prepared to adapt when their preconceived notions proved to be wrong. The authorities recognised the need to keep the people happy...

Like RD's Charlton, however, Rome's decline was not recognised by many Romans until too late, and it was destined to spend many centuries as, at best, a shadow of its former self... Indeed, right until the Pontine Marshes were drained under Mussolini (his only real achievement, as he made trains run on time by extending the time allowed for the journey, something privatised rail companies have taken on board) Rome was renowned as a shithole in the summer months.

I firmly believe that the continuation of the RD experiment will ensure the decline of our club, and it will take many years to recover, if ever.
    Hit it right on the head. Can't believe there is ONE SINGLE Addick out there who can still defend this regime! Some people seem to be deaf, blind and bloody stupid! There are NO excuses for the position this club finds itself in now and we are where we are because of some egomaniac's insistence that he is right and we are all wrong. Cannot believe the FA or the Football League haven't launched an investigation into the running of the club.
    Been busy on other threads but agree with above that some noises should be made to the football authorities if statements made by the CEO and RD amount to the fact that they are setting up a feeder club to sell young players on to the Premiership at the expense of any real ambition for the club to prosper in whichever division it finds itself in.

Like many supporters I am puzzled that investment in the infrastructure (training ground etc) is heralded by some as an reason to give RD more time to continue with his experiment. In every other area there is unmanaged chaos and blind faith given to the CEO by Roland as she continues her error-strewn and disasterous stewardship of the club aided by the erractic whims of the owner (e.g. The Statement).
    In addition, the collapse of Financial Fair Play in the Championship due to the forthcoming court actions (QPR challenge?) and lack of will to see it implemented means that one facet of RDs plan A is fundamentally undermined and puts more emphasis on the second part of the plan (the player farming) to succeed.
    Can the Football League/FA really be happy to let that happen?
  • addick05 said:

magic1999 said:

Rome was not built in a fucking day or 2 years ..... to many I want glory now no matter what it costs on this site (flag if you bloody want) that fact we have a bit of financial stability behind the club and an owner who is willing to try and change things hopefully for the better give them a bloody chance. Yes the turn around of managers has not helped and hopefully Jose will be able to see out his contract and hopefully get it extented, we have some great youth prospects that need deveoping and a bit of first team exposure will be good for them, its a matter of getting the mix of die hards, championship/prem experience and youth mix get behind the team cheer them on on the pitch and onwards and upwards .....

Well, that's completely overturned all my firmly held beliefs about the history of Rome, but, if we want to use the comparison...

Rome, unlike RD's Charlton, had plenty of experienced leaders in the field, and had a tendency to overcome opponents, right up until about c150 AD. In its centuries of growth, the Romans were ruthless and efficient, they were always prepared to adapt when their preconceived notions proved to be wrong. The authorities recognised the need to keep the people happy...

Like RD's Charlton, however, Rome's decline was not recognised by many Romans until too late, and it was destined to spend many centuries as, at best, a shadow of its former self... Indeed, right until the Pontine Marshes were drained under Mussolini (his only real achievement, as he made trains run on time by extending the time allowed for the journey, something privatised rail companies have taken on board) Rome was renowned as a shithole in the summer months.

I firmly believe that the continuation of the RD experiment will ensure the decline of our club, and it will take many years to recover, if ever.
    Hit it right on the head. Can't believe there is ONE SINGLE Addick out there who can still defend this regime! Some people seem to be deaf, blind and bloody stupid! There are NO excuses for the position this club finds itself in now and we are where we are because of some egomaniac's insistence that he is right and we are all wrong. Cannot believe the FA or the Football League haven't launched an investigation into the running of the club.
    Been busy on other threads but agree with above that some noises should be made to the football authorities if statements made by the CEO and RD amount to the fact that they are setting up a feeder club to sell young players on to the Premiership at the expense of any real ambition for the club to prosper in whichever division it finds itself in.

Like many supporters I am puzzled that investment in the infrastructure (training ground etc) is heralded by some as an reason to give RD more time to continue with his experiment. In every other area there is unmanaged chaos and blind faith given to the CEO by Roland as she continues her error-strewn and disasterous stewardship of the club aided by the erractic whims of the owner (e.g. The Statement).
    In addition, the collapse of Financial Fair Play in the Championship due to the forthcoming court actions (QPR challenge?) and lack of will to see it implemented means that one facet of RDs plan A is fundamentally undermined and puts more emphasis on the second part of the plan (the player farming) to succeed.
    Can the Football League/FA really be happy to let that happen?
    There are clubs that just go on surviving by selling players on. Southampton and West Ham to an extent have been high profile versions of this (although perhaps it's not about club survival as such), but clubs like Crewe seem to exist only as a feeder.

So we'd need something more damning in order to get the FA to investigate I think :-(
  • There are clubs that just go on surviving by selling players on. Southampton and West Ham to an extent have been high profile versions of this (although perhaps it's not about club survival as such), but clubs like Crewe seem to exist only as a feeder.

So we'd need something more damning in order to get the FA to investigate I think :-(

Fair comment but this is depressing.
    Have clubs like Crewe actually stated that it is their intention to pursue this as policy? KM admitted in the Ireland interview that the business plan was to produce young players that would be sold on to the Premiership didn't she but I suppose she added the caveat 'either with us or .....'.

• I suppose she added the caveat 'either with us or .....'.

Completely empty statement the "either with us or" part as she also said that Premier League wages were too high (doesn't she also call it too much of a money ball league?), and that the Championship needs to market itself as a better proposition.

I don't actually think they care about Premier League money, as Premier League wages are above Roland's belief it seems.

No they want the club to threaten to get in to the league so drawing attention to the playing staff, whilst at the very least breaking even in future. We've already seen from Standard Liege what happens when you make a profit in a season - Roland withdraws the morning claiming that it's his legal right as owner.