Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Roland Duchâtelet on... (Interview with CAFC Official)

Comments

• Can't be arsed with watching this after reading the comments on here they tell me all I need/already know/knew.
  • ross1 said:

Very wise for the club to split it into 4 videos, as they knew that supporters would be invoicing them for new laptops and computers where they could not stand listening to RD in one go and smashed up theirs in temper

Bugger, now you tell me....

Oh well, it's not like I actually needed my smartphone.
  • Watched a couple of minutes of the first video and lost the will to live.

Only hope I draw from the little I watched is that Roland looks a little haggard (as did squirrel face in the last video she featured in). Maybe the pressure is getting to them. Hope we can push them over the edge. (Horrible thing to say but they deserve it for ruining our club).

And if anyone from the club's comms dept is looking through these comments to see if Roland's comments are smoothing the situation, be in no doubt you are wasting your time (and Roland's' money).
  • LuckyReds said:

Video Four

A bit more interesting, but worth a watch if only for the way he wiggles out of discussing Karel Fraeye. He acknowledges it was a mistake and then talks about how good a start Fraeye had made… and ultimately the lesson to be learnt from Fraeye’s tenure was actually that we need a larger squad. (Fraeye wasn’t inept, Diarra and Bauer getting injured was the issue..)

- On being a the bottom of the table: “Well it makes me feel extremely sad, like all of us, I didn’t anticipate it would ever come to this situation”.

- Mentions the twelfth man, and “we must forget about whatever things and we have to fight together.” (LOL, just as a picture of Richard Cawley is displayed.. didn’t realise he’d switched allegiance from Fulham and was interviewing Roland in his capacity as a Charlton Fan!)

- On what went wrong this season: "Initially it was quite good" - but then we got plagued with injuries, and we decided to replace Guy Luzon […] as we he had ran out of steam

- Bobby Peeters was also replaced after we had ran out of steam after six months”.

- Karel Fraeye however, never ran out of the steam. ”The appointment was a mistake, and I thought he would be ok. I think he did not too bad at the beginning. […] There was a major game where at half time we were leading nil 2”

- Whilst Karel was in charge we suffered injuries to both Bauer and Diarra, and the lessons to be learnt from this time was “we need a larger squad”… not that we need a better manager.

Roland actually displays some decent knowledge about the Bristol and Brighton matches, despite this he comes a bit unstuck on the claim that we need a larger squad; this directly contradicts his quote to the SLP.

Steam seems to play an important part here. There's enough coming out of both ends of KM to run the Flying Scotsman. Perhaps he should tap into it. (not literally of course).

• Not watching them. I have high blood pressure and have had to have a lie down after reading this thread.

Fuck off Roland.
  • One theme to emerge over the last two days, something to be admired or not, is loyalty.

Katrien and others have been consistent in one thing at least, their unswerving loyalty towards Roland Duchatelet, my boss right or wrong.

Roland talking of Katrien especially, seems to be repaying the loyalty he enjoyed from her in kind.

Now showing that mutual loyalty is almost an admirable trait. However that person to person faith has the effect of very much marginalizing outside influences, it creates a bit of an exclusion zone.

This loyalty has also been evident in other Charlton staff, the most notable being the ticket lady. The support extended has very much been of a personal kind, as in Katrien is really lovely, not that she is really good at her job.

Had the inner core been open to outside influence, not only might they have thought twice about operational mistakes, both on the football side, and the business side (I refer everybody to the posts of Grapevine as an example of level headed outside influence), but they might have reflected more on the impact of those mistakes and addressed them before this present crisis.

Roland shows loyalty as in 'my CEO right or wrong'. The tragedy is that she has been wrong so often and on so many levels yet he is blinded by his loyal approach, he simply can't see, or doesn't want to see, she is incompetent.

My conclusion is that he is therefore deluded, and his delusion is cemented in by these 'same old same old' interviews.
  • All very predictable. There is the odd sliver of humility and a recognition that things have been done less than cleverly, but no suggestion whatsoever that Roland intends to deviate from his original plan; quite the contrary, in fact. He is clearly deluded about its viability and I very much doubt that any of his subordinates (including Richard Murray) will be challenging his modus operandi. Next season, we are, in all probability, going to end up with a very young team being mulched by seasoned pros in League 1.

Most tellingly, there is not even the slightest suggestion in these interviews that Roland has a scintilla of football ambition for CAFC. Whilst I'm proud of our reputation as a friendly club, being the 'nicest club in London' does not fall into that category - we want to win some bloody football matches and have a team we can be proud of. That is simply not to happen under the 'revolving door' approach of this regime.

Anyway, it's encouraging that he's feeling the heat and feels compelled to try and mollify supporters. We're approaching crunch time, not just on the field but off it in terms of season ticket renewals - or, more accurately in the case of our club, non-renewals.
  • If this is his way of connecting with the fans he should sack that whole media team.
    Someone in that team should have the nuts to tell him what he's doing, what he's saying and how he is saying it - is not good enough.

"Hey Roland, how about you say that line again but be less... dusty. Try and be less of a bag of dust and go again. And try not to make it sound like we'll be sending an under 21 side out next year to get mauled in League One. OK, camera rolling....and..."
  • Sponsored links:

• Belgian waffle, waffle, waffle
  • Talks the talk, doesn't walk the walk.
  • Well, that's convinced me to renew my season ticket next season ... Well done Roland
  • Blucher said:

All very predictable. There is the odd sliver of humility and a recognition that things have been done less than cleverly, but no suggestion whatsoever that Roland intends to deviate from his original plan; quite the contrary, in fact. He is clearly deluded about its viability and I very much doubt that any of his subordinates (including Richard Murray) will be challenging his modus operandi. Next season, we are, in all probability, going to end up with a very young team being mulched by seasoned pros in League 1.

Most tellingly, there is not even the slightest suggestion in these interviews that Roland has a scintilla of football ambition for CAFC. Whilst I'm proud of our reputation as a friendly club, being the 'nicest club in London' does not fall into that category - we want to win some bloody football matches and have a team we can be proud of. That is simply not to happen under the 'revolving door' approach of this regime.

Anyway, it's encouraging that he's feeling the heat and feels compelled to try and mollify supporters. We're approaching crunch time, not just on the field but off it in terms of season ticket renewals - or, more accurately in the case of our club, non-renewals.

I think that an action around season ticket renewals will get a good hearing this season.
  • so if as he says he doesn't want us to go down...then where oh where are the knights in shinning Armour to save us.....some decent championship loans despite wages....D. Bent and Gnarby for starters or is he hoping that with the current out of confidence crop we can win tomorrow ad move on?? God help me when will he learn!!!
  • Has @colin1961 not been on here yet defending his heros???
  • RD's favourite song....Frank Sinatra's - 'My Way'

KM's favourite song.... John Travolta's - 'You're the one that I want'

RM's favourite song..... Burl Ives - 'Down In The Valley' (a durge of a song) first three verses with a slight change to all the verses-:

Down in the valley, the valley so low,
    Hang my head in shame dear, hear the fans give me blame.
    Hear the winds blow, dear, hear the winds blow.
    Hang my head in shame dear, hear the fans give me blame.

Down in the valley, walking between empty seats,
    Telling our lies dear, here's what it means.
    We have empty seats dear, where did we go wrong,
    Telling our lies dear, there's no Covered End songs.

So build me a new JS stand dear, forty feet high,
    So I can see RD as he rides by;
    I'll go into our flat dear, as RD rides by,
    So I can see Roland as he rides by.

Apologies to Burl Ives for messing with some most of the lyrics.

• Sponsored links:

• edited February 2016
    LoOkOuT said:

Ha. At this juncture (0:41), he almost calls Katrien "the girl" before catching himself:

https://youtu.be/KzdjWjg1aJQ?t=41

Sexist pig.

I'm not too sure... he does the whole cheeky little shrug of the shoulders whilst he says "I know... I know the girl veerrry well, huh".

I think I've finally discovered the point of todays interviews: he just wants a pat on the back and a few high fives. Roland, you dirty ol' dog!
  • It's all bullshit:

They will never cover the topics that need real answers and discuss the stuff that's appalling ....ie almost everything KM says. He brushed on it a little but won't put himself in a situation to be asked difficult real questions that are hard to answer and he should feel embarrassed.

Protests.....

UP THE F*CKIN ANTI :)

On the selling of the club?....hmmmm having a stupid dig at PV is not going to make yourself look better mate. Leave that alone.
  • I've subjected myself to Video 1. 8 minutes long, in summary, 'even I can see there's a fuck up here but I'm sticking to the plan. I'm hoping Jose can pull us out of the shit but I regret having to appoint him because he only plays players when he thinks they are ready (still wants a malleable head coach not a manager, only uses that word once before moving to head coach) and I need a showcase for young talent. We have to be better especially in England (not changed his mind on network).

Put the pan on the fire and warm up the same old shit again.
  • I've gone to the effort of cropping out the most important part of the interview: http://ytcropper.com/cropped/Kz56be3578e37c4
  • edited February 2016
    Well done for making you dosh in electronics and Well done for the pitch other than that running football clubs ain't for you mate. #SupportTheTeamNotTheRgime #WWOCB
  • magic1999 said:

Rome was not built in a fucking day or 2 years ..... to many I want glory now no matter what it costs on this site (flag if you bloody want) that fact we have a bit of financial stability behind the club and an owner who is willing to try and change things hopefully for the better give them a bloody chance. Yes the turn around of managers has not helped and hopefully Jose will be able to see out his contract and hopefully get it extented, we have some great youth prospects that need deveoping and a bit of first team exposure will be good for them, its a matter of getting the mix of die hards, championship/prem experience and youth mix get behind the team cheer them on on the pitch and onwards and upwards .....

Fook me you must be deaf dumb and blind.
  • I just fucking hate him so much. The way he tells us KM is so fucking great....between you two useless twats, we've achieved fuck all this season and sit bottom, having signed another fucking unfit waste of space...... Can only assume they need to sell season tickets pretty soon.
  • I am a Charlton Athletic supporter thru and thru and have been for 40 Years+ no matter what bloody league we are in or who owns the club. Watched them in exile at Palace and West Ham watched them when we were in the old first division went to the play off final at St Andrews go as much as work will permit me at present, having a multi Euromillionaire as an owner or not I will continue to support the TEAM

If you lot disagree with me then so be it. We are all entitled to our opnions I have tried to keep mine to myself but there is so much negativity towards out club on here I sometimes bloody wonder who you lot support