Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Peaky Blinders

Comments

• garfield said:

Great series, fantastic acting and great script best thing on tv by a mile

Apart from Dectorists which was equally brilliant but in a totally different way.
    Haven't seen it, will give it a try, merry Christmas hope all is well your end?
  • Loved season 1 and 2 but I really struggled with season 3 when it was first on and gave up half way. Watched it again recently and was ok in the end . Finished season 4 today. It was better but still struggle a bit with this show overall. Always think its trying too hard to be cool. You're guaranteed at least one slow motion shot of the Shelbys walking down the street or through a factory (always with flames going off!). Thought Adrien Brody was poor and just seemed to think talking like Marlon Brando makes you a Mafioso. Tommys constant surprise plans are now bordering on the ridiculous and you're never worried he's in any real trouble. Think the show is good but not great. Barring Arthur who is brilliant!
  • One more series and then a film apparently.
  • Dizzle said:

The conversation where Alfie Solomon’s was giving Luca the demands.

“That’s an extra 200 for being a WOP”

Then eventually he says “right you can add another ton for being a C*nt mate....alright?”

I thought that was brilliant :smiley:

Best line ever.
  • Roll on the next series,something to live for
  • Sponsored links:

• danger of overkill with this series .. I hope this is the last one .. anyway, I won't be watching
  • danger of overkill with this series .. I hope this is the last one .. anyway, I won't be watching

The first series was the best and the last one was the worst. Adrien Brody's impression of Marlon Brando was embarrassing.
  • If they could just cut out those silly Brum accents... oh! I see.

I assume you watched the first 4 series, so why wouldn't you watch this one?

However i do agree this should be the last one.
  • The first series was about the peaky blinders and what they got up to, the rest have just been written for the TV. Still a great show and love how the music fits in with the action.
  • Been filming out and about in Liverpool over recent weeks.
  • Daryl McCormack is a new addition to this next series.

I have never watched as everyone says its very violent, and I'm not very good with violence but i think I might have to start as Daryl is related to my cousins over in Tipperary. I last saw him running around as a very young boy at a family party so I don't claim to know him at all. I just know his mother and grandmother. But it's very exciting all the same! I hope he does well.
  • danger of overkill with this series .. I hoabpe this is the last one .. anyway, I won't be watching

no .. I watched the first 2 series then the first couple from the next 2 and gave up .. the story lines and my capacity for suspending my credulity were stretched too far
  • How does Neil Maskell get in these big shows?! I remember when he was a drama teacher at NWK
  • Curb_It said:

Daryl McCormack is a new addition to this next series.

I have never watched as everyone says its very violent, and I'm not very good with violence but i think I might have to start as Daryl is related to my cousins over in Tipperary. I last saw him running around as a very young boy at a family party so I don't claim to know him at all. I just know his mother and grandmother. But it's very exciting all the same! I hope he does well.

He's come a long way since then.
  • Sponsored links:

• I'm very late to the party. First I knew of this programme was a previous thread on CL. Like others I thought it was about Andy and his rockets.

I caught enough comments that were positive to get me interested. Having been laid low this weekend I watched from start to finish on i-player.

I was hooked, loved the moody sets, lighting and music.

Being picky as I often am, I often had to rewind and up the sound as there was a lot of mumbling, the sound was disproportionately loud at times, the editing seemed to leave gaps in the plot at times. Esmi(?) and Linda's characters regularly putting Arthur and John at risk wasn't believable. 

Overall though, I thought this was the type of drama that the UK can excel at if the likes of the BBC put their minds to it. Far, far better than the utter shite that was Years and Years.
  • I'm very late to the party. First I knew of this programme was a previous thread on CL. Like others I thought it was about Andy and his rockets.

I caught enough comments that were positive to get me interested. Having been laid low this weekend I watched from start to finish on i-player.

I was hooked, loved the moody sets, lighting and music.

Being picky as I often am, I often had to rewind and up the sound as there was a lot of mumbling, the sound was disproportionately loud at times, the editing seemed to leave gaps in the plot at times. Esmi(?) and Linda's characters regularly putting Arthur and John at risk wasn't believable. 

Overall though, I thought this was the type of drama that the UK can excel at if the likes of the BBC put their minds to it. Far, far better than the utter shite that was Years and Years.

danger of overkill with this series .. I hope this is the last one .. anyway, I won't be watching

Early series were very good and very atmospheric but feel it went on too long.
  • Watching this on Netflix... Wasn't a fan of the first episode years back, but it's okay so far. Halfway through S1 atm.
  • Must admit I’m not sure that the story will transfer to a world of political intrigues and keep the same level of interest. 
  • I think it's almost impossible to keep going year after year and keep an interesting, unrepetitive story.

We all want more of the best entertainment, but how many manage it? I think that John Cleese learnt much from Monty Python, as much of it was dross, some excellent.  Fawlty Towers was excellent throughout imho.

Oh and I thought the Soloman character was poor btw. Far too over the top.
  • I think it's almost impossible to keep going year after year and keep an interesting, unrepetitive story.

We all want more of the best entertainment, but how many manage it? I think that John Cleese learnt much from Monty Python, as much of it was dross, some excellent.  Fawlty Towers was excellent throughout imho.

Tom Hardy is a terrible actor.
    I'm assuming that's a joke?
  • Only up to S1E2 at moment.

plots are a little fanciful - my missus has given up on it.

Tom Hardy is a terrible actor.
    I'm assuming that's a joke?
    It was as though he was on stage not screen. I assume he was directed that way? Either way it didn't work for me.
  • Think it’s been pretty good so far, certainly stats out good in series one & two and then starts to go downhill a little with increasingly unrealistic storylines.

Don’t have high hopes for a “Tommy is now a politician” storyline.