Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Peaky Blinders

Comments

• Options
    Reading through the last few pages of this thread, does anyone else think PB would have been better as a film franchise?
  • Options
    We all knew Mosely wouldn't be shot as history tells us so, but Inglourious Basterds changed history! But I suppose Mosely is yet to be rendered ineffective and TS will no doubt achieve that. The next series could be fun.
  • Options
    enjoyed this last series more than the previous couple .. very bleak and dark and got better the longer it went .. fantasy rules ok
  • Options
    Slightly disappointing series, salvaged by the last episode, cleverly setting up the next series. Now I know why the Finn character was there!
  • Options
    Slightly disappointing series, salvaged by the last episode, cleverly setting up the next series. Now I know why the Finn character was there!
    So do we believe that Finn deliberately leaked the plan to kill Mosley, or that the football fixer bloke did? Or what? And whom did they leak it to? Did Mosley himself know on the night that this was happening?

Thought it was one of the better series but the final episode a let down because there was nothing final about it at all. We know there is another series, but no need to  shove that in our faces And the return of Alfie a big mistake, as said above. And actually they devalued his supreme line from the previous series by letting him use the word "cunt" again, IMO. Slight lack of class about those two things which past BBC producers would never have allowed. 
  • Options
    So do we believe that Finn deliberately leaked the plan to kill Mosley, or that the football fixer bloke did? Or what? And whom did they leak it to? Did Mosley himself know on the night that this was happening?

Thought it was one of the better series but the final episode a let down because there was nothing final about it at all. We know there is another series, but no need to  shove that in our faces And the return of Alfie a big mistake, as said above. And actually they devalued his supreme line from the previous series by letting him use the word "cunt" again, IMO. Slight lack of class about those two things which past BBC producers would never have allowed. 

I think the football fixer bloke maybe IRA and they wouldn't want Mosley killed, due to unrest Mosley would caused to England. 
  • Options
    Finn was drunk/high and blabbed to the football fixer who grassed.
    I don't believe Mosley knew on the night.
  • Options
    Enjoyed the last season for storylines possibly expanding BUT I did feel that apart from ep5, it failed to spark any suspense unlike all other seasons'.
  • Options
    Finn was drunk/high and blabbed to the football fixer who grassed.
    I don't believe Mosley knew on the night.
    Well that much I got, but I didn't get why the fixer grassed (unless he was sympathiser of and linked to Mosley) and to whom he grassed.

Tommy did have a brush with the IRA early on in the series, but then they disappeared out of the storyline. So that's plausible but kind of pointless unless we are left fairly sure and clear about the motive.
  • Options
    The football fixer from Hollyoaks.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Could have something to do with Michael & that American deal thing...
  • Options

I think the football fixer bloke maybe IRA and they wouldn't want Mosley killed, due to unrest Mosley would caused to England. 
    The Billy Boys are loyalists so wouldn’t be in cahoots with the IRA
  • Options
    After the big wait - was a big let down actually found it quite boring, and not much really going on. 

Arthur is also becoming extremely annoying 
    Agree with this. Not many of the episodes were particularly gripping, found myself on my phone a lot which I haven't done with previous series. 

The scene in the pub with Arthur asking for 'item 5' was just painful to watch, used to really enjoy his character as well.
  • Options
    Arthur has always been my favourite character too. Still is. Great acting I think.
  • Options
    Voices and unique characters have a shelf life....which you would expect them to realise. 
  • Options
    The series has gone on longer than expected I would guess. This is likely to be because it has been so popular. It has to take new directions and up to now, I feel it has managed it. We mustn't forget that whilst history is intertwined with the story, it is not history but drama. It is all the better for it IMO.
  • Options
    Too many 'obvious' suggestions for who betrayed Tommy - I have a feeling it may turn out to be a character who hasn't been seen too much - Captain Swing.  
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    Too many 'obvious' suggestions for who betrayed Tommy - I have a feeling it may turn out to be a character who hasn't been seen too much - Captain Swing.  
    Or even Aunt Polly, annoyed that he foisted a marriage on her and sidelined her son. Just an idea.
  • Options
    Have been a massive fan of PB but have been pretty lukewarm about this series and I thought the final episode which I finally got to watch/nod off through/fiddle on my phone to last night was utter claptrap. 
  • Options
    cfgs said:
    stonemuse said:
    Or even Aunt Polly, annoyed that he foisted a marriage on her and sidelined her son. Just an idea.
    Not sure - I think she was all up for the marriage. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Polly will always take the side of her son Michael .. the next series ? .. inter-family struggle for control between Polly/Michael and Tommy .. Arthur gets more and more mad and out of control .. Churchill 'recruits' Tommy in campaign against Moseley .. Billie Boys try to take over the gambling/match fixing rackets .. or not ((:>)
  • Options
    Polly will always take the side of her son Michael .. the next series ? .. inter-family struggle for control between Polly/Michael and Tommy .. Arthur gets more and more mad and out of control .. Churchill 'recruits' Tommy in campaign against Moseley .. Billie Boys try to take over the gambling/match fixing rackets .. or not ((:>)
    I think there will also be an IRA aspect (see my earlier comment on 'Captain Swing'). 

Plus I am sure that Alfie Solomons will be involved again. 
  • Options
    RobRob
    edited November 2019
    I just watched the last episode. I'm a bit late to the parade but I've got to say I've enjoyed this series. I think a couple of the earlier series were weaker (the Russian one springs to mind). Who knows who grassed at the end but we were led to believe it was the football fixer.

I like some of the drama in this series. The Swan Lake scene springs to mind and the backdrop of Aberama proposing to Polly, Arthur snoring, the presence of Mosley, everyone entranced by the swan lake dance, Linda turning up, Polly shooting her and the swan dying. And the music. That was drama of the highest order in my opinion.

Arthur is slowly unraveling as is Tommy in a different way. It was good to see Alfie back. I just like his character.

Looking forward to the next series. Showdown with Michael Gray. I'm sure they'll be some twists (Tommy's probably manipulating that as well).
  • Options
    Kevin Turvey with attitude...
  • Options
    Rob said:
    I just watched the last episode. I'm a bit late to the parade but I've got to say I've enjoyed this series. I think a couple of the earlier series were weaker (the Russian one springs to mind). Who knows who grassed at the end but we were led to believe it was the football fixer.

I like some of the drama in this series. The Swan Lake scene springs to mind and the backdrop of Aberama proposing to Polly, Arthur snoring, the presence of Mosley, everyone entranced by the swan lake dance, Linda turning up, Polly shooting her and the swan dying. And the music. That was drama of the highest order in my opinion.

Arthur is slowly unraveling as is Tommy in a different way. It was good to see Alfie back. I just like his character.

Looking forward to the next series. Showdown with Michael Gray. I'm sure they'll be some twists (Tommy's probably manipulating that as well).
    Sasa saves the day.
  • Options
    Interesting, he plays Al capone in boardwalk empire who has been mentioned in peaky blinders before 
  • Options
    Excellent news! Always enjoy watching Stephen Graham, in whatever role he's in. 
  • Options
    Stephen Graham is a fine actor. I think it’s testament to the writing, production and status of the show that he has joined. Can’t wait.