Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Peaky Blinders

Comments

• Kept expecting the cast of Oliver to burst on scene with a resounding rendition of "You've gotta pick a pocket or two"...

• That's another ton for being a c@nt.

What a line.
    Great writing
  • Compulsive viewing. I usually manage to fall asleep during the evening but never when Peaky Blinders is on.
  • tommy shoot the commie
  • I thought last night's episode was boring except the first few minutes and Hardy's latest outstanding cameo.

Been a good series though and looking forward to the finale.
  • I thought last night's episode was boring except the first few minutes and Hardy's latest outstanding cameo.

I thought last night's episode was quality
    I thought it was the best of the series so far
  • Arthur is one scary fuc@#@r
  • Sponsored links:

Agreed, last night was great.

Really looking forward to the finale.
  • It would appear from the script they are setting up for another series.

• It would appear from the script they are setting up for another series.

Agreed, the 'back-drop' story of the General Strike may well be the focus for the next series.

Cillian Murphy has previously stated that he would be happy to continue but no scripts have yet been written.
  • Already confirmed that series 5 is the last one so looking forward to seeing it next year I should imagine.
  • Greenie said:

Great series, best on TV for me.
    A couple of critiques, (NERD ALERT) when Shelby let loose with that WW1 Lewis gun it would have ripped that van to pieces that the Italians where hiding behind and also the machine gun he used was a German MP34 made in 1934, other than my nerdy observations, it's cracking.

I'm not sure what kind of Italian they are speaking either, maybe it's a Sicilian dialect or something but haven't picked up anything they've said in Italian so far.

Unlike Tom Hardy ;-)
  • Greenie said:

A couple of critiques, (NERD ALERT) when Shelby let loose with that WW1 Lewis gun it would have ripped that van to pieces that the Italians where hiding behind and also the machine gun he used was a German MP34 made in 1934, other than my nerdy observations, it's cracking.

LOL, i thought that about the Lewis gun (though in my head it was the 'big gun'), i was thinking that would have ended the situation in one go. What cal would that have been?
  • Greenie said:

At the time it looked like a Type 100 but maybe it was an MP34.
  • Greenie said:

LOL, i thought that about the Lewis gun (though in my head it was the 'big gun'), i was thinking that would have ended the situation in one go. What cal would that have been?
    The Standard Brit ones fired .303 same as used in early WW 2 Spitfires and Ww1 Lee Enfields, the Lewis gun fired at 600 rounds per minute and each round travel at nearly 2,500 feet per second, it was a beast.
  • Peaky Blinders s doing its best to put back the affect of a smoking advertising ban has had . Is there ever a scene where Cilian Murphy hasn't got a cigarette in his mouth ?
    Minor gripe ;-)

Thing is he is a non smoker so they are not real cigarettes
  • Sponsored links:

• Greenie said:

Greenie said:

The Standard Brit ones fired .303 same as used in early WW 2 Spitfires and Ww1 Lee Enfields, the Lewis gun fired at 600 rounds per minute and each round travel at nearly 2,500 feet per second, it was a beast.
    If this is the same gun they used in Dad's Army, it's just as well Frazer found the spring for it, otherwise Tommy 'F***g' Shelby would be dead.

Matter of opinion but I couldn't be asked with the union woman and it seemed to drag bar the start and Hardys cameo IMO.

Nice to see Tommy get his hands dirty though and that scene was decent, very tense.

Getting a little fed up with the amount of lives Brody is getting too.
  • Just got into Peaky Blinders. Ain't catch up TV a wonderful thing :) Series 1 & 2 done. Series 3 already lined up. We'll soon be up to date

Matter of opinion but I couldn't be asked with the union woman and it seemed to drag bar the start and Hardys cameo IMO.

Nice to see Tommy get his hands dirty though and that scene was decent, very tense.

Getting a little fed up with the amount of lives Brody is getting too.
    Tommy's getting a few too many as well. All the side-characters get killed off with one shot but all the main ones manage to get away to fight another day. But that's no different to the way films and TV shows have worked since the year dot. Looking forward to the finale though wish the series were a bit longer.
  • Great series, Tom Hardy usually steals the show during his scenes... hes sounding less and less like bane which was my only issue with him.
  • I'm strapping on the bullet proof vest. This episode tonight promises much.

Edit: does a bullet proof vest stop a tommy gun bullet?
  • Have to say the series has felt a bit slow. I love the way they aren't afraid to kill off a main character but everything feels a bit laboured/excessive dialogue. Michael has spent the majority of the series in a hospital bed. Tension is built well was expecting more.
  • That had some great scenes, moments and twists but it could have been paced better. Alfie in Margate deserved longer I think, plus also could have worked better as the ending.
  • Rather disappointed in it really, setting it up for the next series.