Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Following Murrays Statement re Champioship players.....

124»

Comments

• Everybody can see how toxic it has become here - not even considering a potential opportunity to recoup or make money suggests that all of our fears about Duchatelet are correct. Why is he doing it? Because he can. Anybody who applied logic and business acumen would take the opportunity to exit. But he is a complete bastard. He is a coward too as he just hides away and lets an ignorant young woman to do his dirty work for him. Anybody who wants to defend him on here ought to take a look at themselves. He is killing our club FFS!

I'm certainly not defending him, the sooner we get a CAFC committed owner the better, I'm just suggesting protest for change until the suitable new owner rides into town and that we should leave the protests till after the game ,not during it.
    As I have said before season ticket renewals are a good tool to force change, if enough refuse to buy, he may decide to sell up or at very least change his ways.
    We don't know his intentions but we do know that his tenure at our club is not working for us.
  • Everybody can see how toxic it has become here - not even considering a potential opportunity to recoup or make money suggests that all of our fears about Duchatelet are correct. Why is he doing it? Because he can. Anybody who applied logic and business acumen would take the opportunity to exit. But he is a complete bastard. He is a coward too as he just hides away and lets an ignorant young woman to do his dirty work for him. Anybody who wants to defend him on here ought to take a look at themselves. He is killing our club FFS!

We don't know his intentions but we do know that his tenure at our club is not working for us.
    His intentions seem to be based around an ideal of clubs either breaking even or returning a profit, in part by moving players around a network of clubs and avoiding paying agents, and by selling on players for profit.

It's been said by Belgain journalists that Roland does not believe in buying players from teams in the same division, because "why would you give a rival a financial gift?".

We also know that Katrien was said to be very disappointed that there is no ultra strict implementation of FFP.
  • This is from an old 2014 Reuters article:-

Duchatelet claimed that the main benefits were an ability to loan players and to draw on managerial and scouting knowledge from a diverse range of clubs.

"The way a club can survive without injecting huge amounts of money every year is by developing young players," he said.

"That's the only model. If you look at the Belgian national team, five of the players who started the last two games came from the academy of Standard Liege - (Marouane) Fellaini, (Kevin) Mirallas, (Nacer) Chadli and others. This network of clubs is very interesting to give more experience at the appropriate level.

"For example a young player here at Charlton who is not so strong but technically very good can be put in Spain where the style of football is not so tough and where these kind of players get a chance to make it."
  • I'm aware of his transfer policy and ideals but we do not know his long term intentions for CAFC as business. Seems to me there are a lot of conspiracy theory's flying about as a result of RD's failure to communicate with us.
    The club states he is investing but results state otherwise, is this due to incompetence or a true lack of investment?
  • In his own words, it seems that the idea is that a club survives without any need of investment, it's financially self sufficient.

Notice that all of the players he mentions were already all sold by Liege to premier league clubs...
  • I am gobsmacked that we still don't have a full 100percent of supporters on board with the protests and the desire to see the back of Roland.

Still plenty of people who hold the view we would have folded without Duchatelet, and will still not see a problem if we go down.

These people do not have a clue.

I have been of the opinion since the Peeters/Luzon fiasco that the football has been secondary and Duchatelet has put this club back 20 years.
    Tell us your plan for replacing RD
    Well for a start Mr Belgian apologist I do not have the money, but of course there are many other people that do.

Once we then get whoever else in it would be very nice to find people who have the best interests of the club at heart and hope to move the team up the table.

I am f***** if Duchatelet is interested in this as my theory is he has ulterior motives, which nobody but he knows.
  • I am gobsmacked that we still don't have a full 100percent of supporters on board with the protests and the desire to see the back of Roland.

Still plenty of people who hold the view we would have folded without Duchatelet, and will still not see a problem if we go down.

I have been of the opinion since the Peeters/Luzon fiasco that the football has been secondary and Duchatelet has put this club back 20 years.
    Well for a start Mr Belgian apologist I do not have the money, but of course there are many other people that do.

Once we then get whoever else in it would be very nice to find people who have the best interests of the club at heart and hope to move the team up the table.

I am f***** if Duchatelet is interested in this as my theory is he has ulterior motives, which nobody but he knows.
    Who's apologising for RD? Certainly not me, but it is clear that you do not have the answers.

Who's apologising for RD? Certainly not me, but it is clear that you do not have the answers.
    I'm not sure what answers you want? Two separate sources have suggested that investors ARE out there, and ARE interested:

- Varneygate
    - Katrien Miere's comments at the FF

What else do you need? The individual names of each investor and their bank statements? That isn't going to happen, and nobody is going to go public with the fact that they've been knocked back in an approach to buy the club - save for Peter Varney, who is a lifelong fan and even then wasn't allowed to reveal the actual investor's identity.
  • On January 6th, Varney offered RD a meeting in Belgium with the investors. He turned that down in a response on January 10th on the basis that he is not interested in selling the club and receives many such approaches.

That being the case they are likely to talk to other London clubs, few of which are likely to be available, if you think about it.

If you take the Murray line with the Belgians that Varney is a time waster, despite years of evidence to the contrary, then you may conclude there was and is nothing in this approach. Personally, I don't see why they should be interested in selling themselves to us.

My understanding from Varney is that they want to buy a London club and take it into the Premier League, and that they have the resources to do that. It's us that need it to be Charlton. If Charlton is not for sale and another club, which they find acceptable, is, that's where they will go.

Airman I was unaware of this further approach and the investors intentions, has this information been made public before?
    This is exactly the kind of information that disgruntled but cautious fans like me need to know to convince us to fully commit to the protests.
    Perhaps undisclosed dialogue between CARD and the investors will help to maintain their interest I.e. Keep the potential investors abreast of the protest developments and that there is hope that RD will succumb to forced change and sell up.
    As much positive takeover information as is available should be made common knowledge via as many channels as possible.
    More than happy for RD out if there is a better option.
    The answer to this - has varney made it public that rd turned down a meeting with the owners since the email string?Or was it the other way round? Critical info needed if say airman
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2016
    Well the simple answer is RD being persuaded to sell. We may or may not achieve that, but we are letting our club down by not trying. We know there are buyers, we know of one definite one, and Duchatelet told them he has had other offers.

In terms of trying to persuade RD to change aspects of his plan - well that is in his gift to do at any time. Adopting a more conciliatory approach to fans and accepting mistakes, setting out what he/the club is going to do to address them etc... and the protests would die. Of course, unlike the owners of Liverpool, the message we get is that this is his club and he can do what he likes with it. We are inconsequential and what we put into the club is only a third of revenue, so why should we have any say at all. It isn't our club is it? The club has struggled before, but this approach is the reason that die hard Charlton fans won't be turning up next season and beyond. The club's contingency seems to be around bussing students in from the University - they are taking the club away from the fans and trying to create new customers. If you love the club you can't just stand still and allow this to happen.

I'm certainly not defending him, the sooner we get a CAFC committed owner the better, I'm just suggesting protest for change until the suitable new owner rides into town and that we should leave the protests till after the game ,not during it.
    As I have said before season ticket renewals are a good tool to force change, if enough refuse to buy, he may decide to sell up or at very least change his ways.
    Wait until the renewals process starts, I'm sure they'll try to find some way to persuade fans into renewing again. I remember in Powell's first season, we all got the letter from Slater stating it had been a disappointing season but they were going to build and really go for it the following season. They basically asked fans to trust them. Fans did, lots of us renewed, and a team was built and we got promoted.

The problem this regime have, is that they have lied to the fans on countless occasions, and it is abundantly clear that they have no idea what calibre of player is required in this division, or they have no intention of paying the money for the right kind of players. So if they try something similar to the last regime, who is going to trust a word that they say?

I think season ticket renewals are going to be their lowest for many years, particularly if we get relegated, and I don't think the club can do a lot to change that. When we slipped into League One last time, there was some hope that we might get promoted at the first attempt, but even when we didn't, we still kept renewing and eventually we were rewarded. If we go down this time, there will be little hope of a fast return with this lot in charge.
  • The thing is, if they wrote a letter like that they might persuade a few, but they are too arrogant and ignorant to write it.
  • If Varney's lot end up at Millwall, I'm done with football.
  • DOUCHER said:

On January 6th, Varney offered RD a meeting in Belgium with the investors. He turned that down in a response on January 10th on the basis that he is not interested in selling the club and receives many such approaches.

That being the case they are likely to talk to other London clubs, few of which are likely to be available, if you think about it.

If you take the Murray line with the Belgians that Varney is a time waster, despite years of evidence to the contrary, then you may conclude there was and is nothing in this approach. Personally, I don't see why they should be interested in selling themselves to us.

My understanding from Varney is that they want to buy a London club and take it into the Premier League, and that they have the resources to do that. It's us that need it to be Charlton. If Charlton is not for sale and another club, which they find acceptable, is, that's where they will go.

Airman I was unaware of this further approach and the investors intentions, has this information been made public before?
    This is exactly the kind of information that disgruntled but cautious fans like me need to know to convince us to fully commit to the protests.
    Perhaps undisclosed dialogue between CARD and the investors will help to maintain their interest I.e. Keep the potential investors abreast of the protest developments and that there is hope that RD will succumb to forced change and sell up.
    As much positive takeover information as is available should be made common knowledge via as many channels as possible.
    More than happy for RD out if there is a better option.
    The answer to this - has varney made it public that rd turned down a meeting with the owners since the email string?Or was it the other way round? Critical info needed if say airman
    http://www.southlondon-today.co.uk/article.cfm?id=115406&headline=Peter Varney's takeover proposal for Charlton Athletic looks dead&sectionIs=sport&searchyear=2016
  • What an illuminating interview. If that doesn't shut up the one or two Duchatelet apologists, nothing will!
  • mmm - gonna be an interesting couple of days
  • DOUCHER said:

mmm - gonna be an interesting couple of days

agreed