Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Following Murrays Statement re Champioship players.....

Where is it that the regime have improved the squad..
Johnson & Poyet benched firmly.... Teixeira being used but from Belgium football ...ahead of Johnson recent Indian football not match fit.... Fanni from Quatar football ..not match fit & Sanoko struggling at Ajax..not match fit. Murray said that its crazy to think that RD wants the club to be relegated. I would beg to differ given these "championship experienced recruits"
RM hasn't had a word to say since..he must realise that he has to eat his words if indeed they were his ...

Comments

• Valcross said:

Where is it that the regime have improved the squad..
    Johnson & Poyet benched firmly.... Teixeira being used but from Belgium football ...ahead of Johnson recent Indian football not match fit.... Fanni from Quatar football ..not match fit & Sanoko struggling at Ajax..not match fit. Murray said that its crazy to think that RD wants the club to be relegated. I would beg to differ given these "championship experienced recruits"
    RM hasn't had a word to say since..he must realise that he has to eat his words if indeed they were his ...

They want us down. No question.
    Already planning to close stands next season.
    I'd say its a given and they've done very little to arrest the slide into league one.

Why? Anyone's guess.
  • I totally agree with the other posters. I can see a move away from The Valley and another ground share coming up. All he is interested in is the academy making a really good revenue stream. He's just not interested in the first team.
  • Think you could well be right Dave2l.

I've thought for a while that there must be a master plan that we have no idea of. Best guess, and it's only a guess, is that he links the state of the art academy to one or more big London Premiership clubs (not us of course) and sells the Valley (or puts housing on it himself). Charlton will be playing lower level football in a 10k seat stadium somewhere with a mixture of players right at the end of their career and kids from the academy.

Conspiracy theory? Yes, absolutely, but you wouldn't put it past the prick.
  • This is also what I think he is trying to do.

He can see the money in producing young English players and selling them on and I'm sure it is easier to field a 18 year old and highlight how good they are in league 2 than in the championship.

If we stay up, it's because of how good our young players are and they are straight in the shop window. If we go down, it just means the league is easier for more youth players to come in.

And all the debt is being tied to the club so if this doesn't work out, he can sell the ground for housing and he hasn't lost anything.

It's a no lose situation for him and we the fans, sorry customers lose everything.
  • Basically, we're f*cked?
  • iamdan said:

Basically, we're f*cked?

Yup, right up the poop chute.
  • Could the Charlton Academy live on without a club to go with it, loaning youth players to surrounding clubs as part of their development while retaining the proceeds of their eventual sales? Saves money for the other clubs, cuts off the loss making part of our club. Win/win situation for everyone apart from the Charlton Athletic customers.

A shiver just went up my spine.
  • Blinkant said:

This is also what I think he is trying to do.

He can see the money in producing young English players and selling them on and I'm sure it is easier to field a 18 year old and highlight how good they are in league 2 than in the championship.

If we stay up, it's because of how good our young players are and they are straight in the shop window. If we go down, it just means the league is easier for more youth players to come in.

And all the debt is being tied to the club so if this doesn't work out, he can sell the ground for housing and he hasn't lost anything.

It's a no lose situation for him and we the fans, sorry customers lose everything.

Can we just clarify that? I thought the ground was under some sort of community interest protection or something. @Airman Brown is that the case?
  • Sponsored links:

• Could the Charlton Academy live on without a club to go with it, loaning youth players to surrounding clubs as part of their development while retaining the proceeds of their eventual sales? Saves money for the other clubs, cuts off the loss making part of our club. Win/win situation for everyone apart from the Charlton Athletic customers.

A shiver just went up my spine.

Thing is... These kids come and sign for our Youth Academy because they know they'll given a chance in its own First Team, if you take away the latter will kids want to sign? - What'll be the difference between us and the already created Nike Academy?
  • Murray's turned in to a complete joke as well. No time for him and his bullshit.
  • Im no fan of the regime, but as Ive mentioned elsewhere on here why would anyone buy a football club then go through a multi-year scheme of running it into the ground just so he can build some flats or something. Wouldnt it just be cheaper and quicker to simply find a spot to build the flats on and never bother with the football club? Also has Roland ever expressed an interest in property in his entire career? Why start now at his age?

You could also use the same point for the academy. If hes obsessed with making money from selling young players, why not just set up a football academy on its own? Surely that would also save money as you dont have a football club to take care of alongside it.
  • Murray is taking the money .....that's all he is doing ..whatever he says now is to late.

He has made his bed and lying it ..

I reckon though he still has one big pay-out to come .
  • Sponsored links:

• If duchatelet wanted us to be relegated he would not buy in or loan any players at all, it would be a total waste of money.
  • jdsd42 said:

Murray is taking the money .....that's all he is doing ..whatever he says now is to late.

Murray isn't paid to be chairman. He is owed £2.5m or thereabouts, part of £7m due to the old board but not accruing interest and only payable on promotion, winding-up or sale.
  • jdsd42 said:

Murray is taking the money .....that's all he is doing ..whatever he says now is to late.

Murray isn't paid to be chairman. He is owed £2.5m or thereabouts, part of £7m due to the old board but not accruing interest and only payable on promotion, winding-up or sale.
    Not much chance of Murray getting his money then
  • jdsd42 said:

• Wasn't Murray's last statement - ages ago about how the club accepts it needs to communicate with the fans better. I don't think it is worth taking notice of any of his statements, he obviously makes it all up[ as he goes along!
  • He has been winding me up for years must've made himself all his money back and Interest owed
  • edited February 2016
    Do Murray and the old board have a first charge over the assets to secure their loans?

I have no idea whether or not they do but if they do and the assets (ie The Valley in the main) realise £7m or more then they all get their money back.

Might explain the lack of interest in playing success if there are charges.

Roland doesn't care because all he is interested in is farming youngsters. He just needs to play at a sufficiently high enough level to develop those youngsters.

As for Murray if and when the 'customers' walk away in sheer despair and exasperation then he'll get his money back.

A lot less aggro to wind the thing up than strive for promotion from their (money interest) perspective.
  • jdsd42 said:

Hence one big pay day still to come !!!!
  • Think you could well be right Dave2l.

I've thought for a while that there must be a master plan that we have no idea of. Best guess, and it's only a guess, is that he links the state of the art academy to one or more big London Premiership clubs (not us of course) and sells the Valley (or puts housing on it himself). Charlton will be playing lower level football in a 10k seat stadium somewhere with a mixture of players right at the end of their career and kids from the academy.

Conspiracy theory? Yes, absolutely, but you wouldn't put it past the prick.

You could probably achieve this and keep the club at the valley, Small 10k stadium flats on the rest. You could start with the South Stand, hold on ????
  • edited February 2016
    The closing of stands rumour seems to be gathering wind, heard it a few times outside of CL. I did hear one a while back that KM raised the question of re-naming the Jimmy Seed stand with an advertisement brand... people didn't take the suggestion serious, although I'm pretty damn sure she was being serious at the time!