Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Really as bad as many make out!!

12346»

Comments

• Someone can have joined CL in 2006, some yesterday, and they can all post equally in my view. It is probably wiser to respond to what people actually post than to speculate on their hinterland.
  • seth plum said:

Someone can have joined CL in 2006, some yesterday, and they can all post equally in my view. It is probably wiser to respond to what people actually post than to speculate on their hinterland.

Please leave my hinterland out of this.
  • Agree that everyone has a right to their views and it is disappointing when the opinions of others are criticised or abused. When all is said and done, we all (hopefully) want the same thing. That said, there are a handful of posters who just try to stir up trouble (two spring to mind!) and a few others who are, perhaps, closer to the club than they let on. That doesn't matter. If you disagree, argue rationally, passionately but with respect.
  • edited February 2016
  • edited February 2016
  • IAgree. I'm sure you are correct in thinking that there are some posters on here connected to the club but branding everyone with that is unfair.

I'm not trying to be devisive with my argument although a lot of people clearly disagree with me. Firstly, I totally agree with the aims of the protest. I've been prepared to give the board the benefit of the doubt at several stages in the last 2 years but not now. Ive supported/participated in the protests up until last week and admire the effort that many are putting in. But my fear is that at this precarious point of the season, protests inside the ground will only hasten the teams relegation because of team spirit etc. Yesterday it was all too evident. Dropping to league 1 will be more dangerous this time around and I'm not sure an owner will ride to our rescue down there. ( although we would be far cheaper)

I understand the argument that momentum should be maintained but just feel that we will all be losers if we go down. Having said that, the drop maybe unstoppable now. Maybe most protesters feel that way anyway and just accept it as a price worth paying to get a new owner.
  • James46 said:

IAgree. I'm sure you are correct in thinking that there are some posters on here connected to the club but branding everyone with that is unfair.

I'm not trying to be devisive with my argument although a lot of people clearly disagree with me. Firstly, I totally agree with the aims of the protest. I've been prepared to give the board the benefit of the doubt at several stages in the last 2 years but not now. Ive supported/participated in the protests up until last week and admire the effort that many are putting in. But my fear is that at this precarious point of the season, protests inside the ground will only hasten the teams relegation because of team spirit etc. Yesterday it was all too evident. Dropping to league 1 will be more dangerous this time around and I'm not sure an owner will ride to our rescue down there. ( although we would be far cheaper)

I understand the argument that momentum should be maintained but just feel that we will all be losers if we go down. Having said that, the drop maybe unstoppable now. Maybe most protesters feel that way anyway and just accept it as a price worth paying to get a new owner.

I disagree with most of what you say. However, I utterly respect your right to say it. And the end goal we both share.
  • I love Freedom of speech;

and then my right, to correct People who are ill informed,
    or unaware of relevant information which would make them come to a different conculsion :neutral:

• seth plum said:

Someone can have joined CL in 2006, some yesterday, and they can all post equally in my view. It is probably wiser to respond to what people actually post than to speculate on their hinterland.

Well, I pay attention to people who joined in March 2014 unless they coincidentally happen to support the regime in everything.
  • Sponsored links:

• I fully expect, when relegation is confirmed, that Roland will peel off his rubber mask to reveal, Scooby-Doo epilogue style, the hideous orange face of Simon Jordan.
  • IdleHans said:

I fully expect, when relegation is confirmed, that Roland will peel off his rubber mask to reveal, Scooby-Doo epilogue style, the hideous orange face of Simon Jordan.

It's down to us pesky customers to sort him out then.
  • Agreed. There are potentially worse owners, military dictators looking to launder funds, Americans looking to put the debt they used to buy the place into the club but at higher interest rates than they borrowed at, ran out of other options.

The above would be shit but would have an ambition to be in the premiership.

current owner doesn't seem bothered about that and is attempting to remove any part of the club that cares s out the club.

Fully support actions to remove the canker.
  • edited February 2016
    rikofold said:

It's fine to hold an opinion. But if you read PL54 and JSC's posts they're filled with if this if that.

We've not been on a run of 10 wins and there's no chance we will be. Where we are is the outcome of the decisions made, not a bit of bad luck scuppering a brilliant strategy.

If we don't do something now, this owner will take us into League 2 on the back of nothing more than a single thought: "I wonder if..." There will be flats in both south corners and over a smaller Jimmy Seed stand and away fans treated with a greater priority than home.

Wake up for crying out loud. This regime are making decisions today that will have an impact for decades to come.

This, this, this ^^^^^, Attaboy Rik, well said :wink: