Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Really as bad as many make out!!

PLUS SIDE. Not moving away from the Valley. Money spent on the pitch. Money spent on training ground. Money spent on players in all categories, 1st, 2nd and junior teams. Cheapest tickets in the league.
DOWN SIDE. Communication and management has been poor.
It was not that long ago. Daily rumours of moving away from the valley. Pitch was unplayable. No money spent on players. Plus yes, poor communication with supporters.
I would suggest the club is in a far healthier state than previous years, better than many other clubs in the leagues.
Life is not perfect, let's hope that communicate and management will be improved under the present owners who are at least investing in OUR CLUB.
I know this goes in the face of many, but I would suggest although not perfect, not everything is negative at our club. COYReds!

Comments

• Yes hello Katrien/Tony/Mandy etc. Must try better.
  • COYReds ...actually it's just COYR ...surely you'd know that?

:wink:
  • RoytheBoy - one of the 2%

Surely you mean one of the 98% who are happy?
  • Sponsored links:

• RoytheBoy - one of the 2%

Should change his name to RoythePloy because clearly this is some staff member who is trying to turn the tide of ill will. I don't think it's going to work.
  • Nope. As Henry Irving said, 98% of the most recent survey had concerns about the way Duchatalet etc are running the club. In my book, that makes just 2% who are happy - one of which includes RoytheBoy.
  • Someone take those rose-tinted glasses off him!
  • Roy joined this site in 2011.
  • The pitch was paid for by the FA Cup run under Powell who he then promptly sacked.
  • Ketman said:

The pitch was paid for by the FA Cup run under Powell who he then promptly sacked.

I thought it was included in the purchase price negotiated for the club.
  • Curb_It said:

Roy joined this site in 2011.

Goes to show Roland considered buying us for a while then
  • Sponsored links:

• masicat said:

Many years ago a very good friend of mine (who is no longer with us) went with me to see an away game at Cardiff. My only memory is that we created a shock and won 1-4. Anyway, beforehand we managed to blag our way into the Cardiff club bar within the ground. As we entered my mate cried ' Come on you reds '. The entire room of taffs ,in all their blue and white splendour , turned and stared at the two of us in silence. That moment will stay with me forever. I suspect once this thread was started it was somewhat similar.

Is his name Vincent by any chance?
  • I have been at all the protests and have withdrawn from Valley Gold and no longer spend money at the valley but for me it has never been about RD selling the club, although if he does then that's fine. My protest has been about making the owner and CEO aware that they need to change. Time will tell but I suspect that we have made them sit up and think.

Clearly the managerial appointments have been the key issue. Had Luzon kept his early season run going, I doubt we would be at this point of unrest.
    I must say that in all my time coming to the Valley (40 years) I've never cared about the owners, it's always been about the manager and now is no different.

Mostly, I agree with your points and without doubt, social media has fanned the flames of this situation. It's created a sort of mass-hysteria and I feel it's time for me to take a step back and give Riga and the team a chance. (I didn't really agree with his appointment but so far so good)

Most of all, I want us to stay up, but I fear that an intensification of the anti-board movement may be self-defeating in that respect. I feel this was at least partly responsible for the black week starting with the Colchester away game.

If the situation deteriorates I will consider not renewing our families 5 season tickets, voting with me feet so to speak but it will be with a heavy heart.

But, for the first time in months I am optimistic and so this Saturday, my amazon purchased black and white scarf will stay at home and if we win I suspect more scarfs will be left at home the following week.

• masicat said:

Many years ago a very good friend of mine (who is no longer with us) went with me to see an away game at Cardiff. My only memory is that we created a shock and won 1-4. Anyway, beforehand we managed to blag our way into the Cardiff club bar within the ground. As we entered my mate cried ' Come on you reds '. The entire room of taffs ,in all their blue and white splendour , turned and stared at the two of us in silence. That moment will stay with me forever. I suspect once this thread was started it was somewhat similar.

Is his name Vincent by any chance?
    Paul Hodgson.
  • RoytheBoy said:

It was not that long ago. Daily rumours of moving away from the valley. Pitch was unplayable. No money spent on players. Plus yes, poor communication with supporters.
    I would suggest the club is in a far healthier state than previous years

its funny Roy as you highlighted in one of your rare outings during those years how, err, things really aren't as bad as people make out !!

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/comment/1256618/#Comment_1256618
    If RoytheBoy ignores all the issues it's up to him.

He did last time and was wrong.