Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Bristol City | Sat 06 Feb | 3pm KICK-OFF | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• My dad's got two giveaway tickets for tomorrow (works at Greenwich University) and has donated them to me (he has a season ticket, and I don't). They include a 'free drink voucher' - just wanted to check I'm not contravening the C.A.R.D. boycott by claiming my free pint of warm Fosters? If anyone sees a guy in a black-and-white scarf sipping a drink in the North Stand, that'll be why...

As for predictions, fuck knows, here's hoping...

These are troubled times atocg...

Everyone, if you see someone being tarred and feathered and being carried on rail down Floyd Road by an angry mob whilst trying not spill his Fosters on his new black and white scarf, it's atocg ok?
    Well @soapy_jones, I hope you're proud of yourself, giving away the secret of tomorrow's flash protest...

Now CARD will have to think of something new.
  • Get well soon, Lincs.
  • JR will have administered his undoubted `man management' gold dust over everyone since last Saturday. Couple that with a daily ever growing dollop of tactical nowse/belief within the players....and I expect us to tear into Bristol City with clinical effect.
    We'll win the game as a contest in the first 45, cruising to a comfortable....

3-0 home win.
  • 2-1 Charlton. Fanni with the double

• In 1966 in successive games at The Valley Charlton played Cardiff and Bristol City and won both games 5-0. A repeat would be welcome.
  • My dad's got two giveaway tickets for tomorrow (works at Greenwich University) and has donated them to me (he has a season ticket, and I don't). They include a 'free drink voucher' - just wanted to check I'm not contravening the C.A.R.D. boycott by claiming my free pint of warm Fosters? If anyone sees a guy in a black-and-white scarf sipping a drink in the North Stand, that'll be why...

As for predictions, fuck knows, here's hoping...

I think using the free drinks voucher would cost RD, not the concession holder, so it's OK to get the drink. Of course, with it being Fosters, there's nothing to stop you tipping it straight down the sink.
  • 1 - 1 frustrating late goal from City but other results go our way
  • Score draw. I'm such a pessimist.
  • 3-1 win and out of drop spots - feel good about this one
  • Unbeaten run extended...
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2016
    @Ketts on Dr Kish is suggesting a line-up without Igor in the team or on the bench. Is he injured again?
  • sm said:

3-1 Charlton and Chris Solly to break his duck at the Valley!

Would love to see Chris score @ the Valley
    I had a dream last night where he blasted one over the bar from 12 yards. Think it finished 0-0...
  • sm said:

3-1 Charlton and Chris Solly to break his duck at the Valley!

Would love to see Chris score @ the Valley
    I had a dream last night where he blasted one over the bar from 12 yards. Think it finished 0-0...
    Charlton fans dreaming of nil-nil draws...says something about this season.

Bolton v Rotherham
  • Feeling reasonably confident so 2-0 to us. Igor and Mak.
  • Horrible scrappy game ending with the spoils shared 1-1
  • Just been out to put a bet on and the weather is going to play havoc with this. Anyone's guess. Gut feeling is typical after the Lord Mayor's Show and 2-0 defeat.

Bolton v Rotherham
    I'd take a draw!

We then need Cardiff to beat MKD, Derby to win at Fulham, Blackburn to lose at Boro...
  • stonemuse said:

All the best Lincs

thanks Stoney .. I feel a lot better already .. once more death is averted ((:>) .. enjoy the game .. Come on You Addicks !!!!
  • Get well soon, Lincs.

thanks Fanny, see above .. I miss out on my first trip to the valley this season ((:<) .. BUT I can look forward to the Fanny File report this evening ((:>) .. enjoy it, you, Mr F and the Fanny Posse .. (I small consolation for me is that I'll get to see the whole Scots/English R U International on the telly, it kicks off at 17.00 just as the football finishes)
  • Sponsored links:

• @Ketts on Dr Kish is suggesting a line-up without Igor in the team or on the bench. Is he injured again?

he was 100% effort last week, took a deal of stick from the Rotherham defenders, little kicks in the shins and ankles as he dribbled and fought for the ball as well as some heavy challenges to the body etc ... given his injury record, it might be expedient to leave him on the bench ..
    Bristol need this as much as us and Baker and the other defenders are a tough lot and will/would target Vetokele as a danger man .. of course if he is missing it hampers our chances of a few goals .. if he is out, I would hope that Harriott would start up front or the newby from Arsenal
  • @Ketts on Dr Kish is suggesting a line-up without Igor in the team or on the bench. Is he injured again?

he was 100% effort last week, took a deal of stick from the Rotherham defenders, little kicks in the shins and ankles as he dribbled and fought for the ball as well as some heavy challenges to the body etc ... given his injury record, it might be expedient to leave him on the bench ..
    Bristol need this as much as us and Baker and the other defenders are a tough lot and will/would target Vetokele as a danger man .. of course if he is missing it hampers our chances of a few goals .. if he is out, I would hope that Harriott would start up front or the newby from Arsenal
    Wouldn't be surprised if his wife has either gone into labour or is very close, she is due around about this time. He may just want to be supporting her if that's the case, it's his first child too.

Am sure there's nothing to worry about.
  • Sage said:

@Ketts on Dr Kish is suggesting a line-up without Igor in the team or on the bench. Is he injured again?

Wouldn't be surprised if his wife has either gone into labour or is very close, she is due around about this time. He may just want to be supporting her if that's the case, it's his first child too.

Am sure there's nothing to worry about.
    thanks for the heads up Sage
  • Main player in the programme for those that still buy it
  • 2-1 win for Charlton.

• If no Igor then surely got to play Lookie up front with Big Mak ??
  • Fear a potential new manager bounce from City, however Jose is hopefully getting the players into their stride. 2-1 nervous ten minutes of added time.
  • Fear a potential new manager bounce from City, however Jose is hopefully getting the players into their stride. 2-1 nervous ten minutes of added time.

New manager been confirmed?
  • Apparently Igor did pick up a knock in training, sure its nothing to worry about though, more a precaution and Lookman is more than suitable to replace him
  • New signings not even in squad. Not good enough?