Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rod Fanni signed on loan until the end of the season.

Comments

• Options
    sam3110 said:

Fanni said: “My friend Souleymane Diawara used to played here. I called him and he told me about this club and when he used to play here.

“He told me a lot about the club and I have a good idea about it now, which is why I was very happy to come here.

“For me, this will be a good experience in my career and I really also want to help the team to stay in the Championship. I really want to work hard for this club.”

Smells fishy to me...
  • Options
    I've heard the pre-match meal will now include crumpet.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Fanni said: “My friend Souleymane Diawara used to played here. I called him and he told me about this club and when he used to play here.

“He told me a lot about the club and I have a good idea about it now, which is why I was very happy to come here.

“For me, this will be a good experience in my career and I really also want to help the team to stay in the Championship. I really want to work hard for this club.”

Like the chairman calling me "the most expensive player I have never heard of" (or something detrimental like that)
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

I like the cnut of his jib.

• Options
    seth plum said:

I've heard the pre-match meal will now include crumpet.

I am reliably told by my other half that the Archers chat room is quite similar to 90% of the posting about our new signing: abusive and grossly sexist (delete as appropriate) opinions being bandied about by middle aged obsessives hiding behind anonymity.

As Airman Brown said to me once - ''that's what the internet is for'' (!)

Do Ambridge have a team? Maybe they can be part of the RD network?
  • Options
    I thought twice about opening this thread again on the grounds it was likely to be focused more on pussy gags than on whether he may be any good.

I was suitably disappointed, it was.

Apologies to those who have heard this before, I remember going to see Jerry Sadowitz in Chiswick, a proper venue then, maybe now a Zizzi.

Jerry is an angry man and starts with (not a full transcript)

'I know we are most of us people but we are all c**ts, anyone who says they aren't a c**t is a c**t, probably a bad c**t.

I would also like to talk about women. I like women but the thing about women, the thing about women is they are c**ts with c**ts.'

At this point a number of the Chiswick audience leave. One female member of the audience runs half way down the aisle with a full pint and throws it over him. She then leaves as he says..'See what I mean?'

Disgraceful channelling of Derek and Clive.

• Options
    edited February 2016
    Redrobo said:

Personally I think Fanni will come into the team at centre back to play alongside Tex until Bauer is back with Lennon reverting to the bench. This would be flexible and allow for injury to Solly. On the left Bergdich offers the same cover for Fox.

I don't see Fanni coming in and not getting games.

I don't get it.
    Have you thought about doing an evening class. Apparently a good place to meet people.

Good luck.
    No. Don't get that one either.

Oh! Now I do! I say!
  • Options

Having done Due Dilligence on Fanni.

EG. checking with supporters of his clubs over the last ten years,
    Getting hold of his family tree and finding out by doing a survey with a cross section of fans in Europe through my sons thousands of contacts on social media; not just his ability, but his Mental and physical Profile ?

The conclusion is our new player nickname should be ???????

Rodney Charlton Trotter. (not troter, you potty mouths !)

What ?
    I was trying anything i could to get grown men to move on from vagina gags. i guess you can take the boy out of 3C, but your never take 3C out the Boy. (I'm guilty as well)

Rodney should be a decent player for us, even thou he can't gallop down the wing anymore, hence the trotter reference.

• Options
    sam3110 said:

Slightly tenuous talking to someone who was here 9 years ago.

I had assumed from the headline that he would have spoken to Diarra!
  • Options

I thought twice about opening this thread again on the grounds it was likely to be focused more on pussy gags than on whether he may be any good.

I was suitably disappointed, it was.

Apologies to those who have heard this before, I remember going to see Jerry Sadowitz in Chiswick, a proper venue then, maybe now a Zizzi.

Jerry is an angry man and starts with (not a full transcript)

'I know we are most of us people but we are all c**ts, anyone who says they aren't a c**t is a c**t, probably a bad c**t.

I would also like to talk about women. I like women but the thing about women, the thing about women is they are c**ts with c**ts.'

At this point a number of the Chiswick audience leave. One female member of the audience runs half way down the aisle with a full pint and throws it over him. She then leaves as he says..'See what I mean?'

Disgraceful channelling of Derek and Clive.

Was only listening to Derek & Clive yesterday........................................C***
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Derek & Clive gives me enormous inner struggle.
  • Options
    Derek and Clive came about because of the buttoned up early sixties.

Would sound so passe in 2016.

Would be very popular to 25 % of CL Viewers.
  • Options

Derek and Clive came about because of the buttoned up early sixties.

Would sound so passe in 2016.

Would be very popular to 25 % of CL Viewers.

Derek and Clive came about partly because of the buttoned up early 60s but also, and probably more so, the dysfunctional relationship that Cook and Moore had at that time, it's excruciating listening, the swearing is mostly incidental although to the extent there was any design, the swearing was to challenge conventional though of what was proper to say.

It is still relevant today and is repeated by those comics who care to consider the boundaries of society and relationships.

I agree the swearing may make it more popular to an audience who may focus more upon that than the actual point.
  • Options

Having done Due Dilligence on Fanni.

EG. checking with supporters of his clubs over the last ten years,
    Getting hold of his family tree and finding out by doing a survey with a cross section of fans in Europe through my sons thousands of contacts on social media; not just his ability, but his Mental and physical Profile ?

The conclusion is our new player nickname should be ???????

Rodney Charlton Trotter. (not troter, you potty mouths !)

What ?
    My thoughts exactly.
  • Options
    My son works with a French guy who supports Marseille, who says that Fanni is a VERY good player.
  • Options
    Are you sure he didn't say "a verrrrrreee guuuuud pleyyyerrrr"?
  • Options

Bonjour, Officer Crabtree.

BTW, Arthur Bostrom still does regular tweets as Crabtree. Some of his pronouncements are quite funny.

https://twitter.com/offcrabtree

• Options
    Well that all went very well.
  • Options
    A master of the hooked sliding tackle.

He'd have gone really well in our 3 man defence because he had enough ability in the air and the nous to cover the wide man. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Great player, really looked a class above when he played for us.
  • Options
    cafcfan said:
    Bonjour, Officer Crabtree. BTW, Arthur Bostrom still does regular tweets as Crabtree. Some of his pronouncements are quite funny. https://twitter.com/offcrabtree
    So ....... I clicked on the link.

haha made me chuckle.
    Such a simple concept, so silly ....... but after all these years, still funny.

Well, I think so! :smile:

• Options
    Greenie said:
    In next weeks SLP the random interview series.
    ”Polish Pete, I can shine anything”
    Or you can just buy  his autobiography......”The Polished Turd”.
  • Options
    Greenie said:
    I understand that there is no truth in the rumour that Rods favourite dinosaur is a Clitorus.
    One that even paleontology has struggled to find.
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Always have loved a bit of Fanni...    A solid contender for the "Only Charlton can sign a player called Rod Fanni, as if my mates don't take the piss out of me for supporting the Addicks enough already" award!
  • Options
    Richard J said:
    Very underated player for us. 

It is a shame his spell coincided with such a depressing time for us. 
    I thought Motta was really decent too