Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer Deadline Day - Charlton related (9pm - Yaya Sanogo on loan)

Comments

• It's a gamble and he's certainly not worth 1.5mill at the moment but there's clear potential there. I can see similarities between Clarke-Harris and Andre Gray. I bet most people thought Burnley were mental at the start of the season paying 7 mill for him.

Wait for us to give him away in 6 months time.
  • It's a gamble and he's certainly not worth 1.5mill at the moment but there's clear potential there. I can see similarities between Clarke-Harris and Andre Gray. I bet most people thought Burnley were mental at the start of the season paying 7 mill for him.

I see similarities between him and Andy Gray, signed from a rival because he looks dangerous and then flops... If he's a Riga signing though I will give him a chance
  • Another double barrelled name to add to the ranks
  • If his got an ongoing injury, that's our man.
  • Can see Clarke-Harris having a busy day signing twice and leaving twice. That's the 4 transfer of the day.
  • To be fair, the last person we signed who infamously missed a penalty turned out to be quite good for us...

#YannsonClarkeHarris

But in all honesty - other than that absolute howler, he's always had the look of a decent player. Big, quick, not afraid to take someone on - possibly where Karlan Ahearne-Grant might be in a couple of years... Not the greatest of goalscoring records though. And I haven't seen nearly enough to make a proper judgement. He's quite young also.

£1.5m is an awesome ROI for the Millers, so I really hope we don't put in a bigger bid. Though we probably will, stupidly. (He's worth maybe £1m tops I'd say)
  • Nicholas said:

Is this Clarke-Harris really that good. Never heard of him until I see him miss that penalty.

He was very good against us in September/October time. Gave Bauer the run-around, very energetic in leading their line.
    Agree, he looks a good player but seems to have been around a lot and not settled. Passes the height test and is young.
  • Would be interesting to know who targeted him, let alone scouted him? Having only see him play at Rotherham two days ago, in a fairly poor side, I can't see what he would add apart from third or fourth choice striker as injury cover.
  • There again Rotherham must be stupid to sell to a rival on the last day of the window, they looked toothless in attack against us already
  • Sponsored links:

• Im certain 1.5 mil on JCH could defo be invested much better on other individuals.
  • Andy Delort been spotted at Sparrows Lane with his dad............

Very funny, what a card!
  • colin1961 said:

Nicholas said:

Is this Clarke-Harris really that good. Never heard of him until I see him miss that penalty.

He is a very good prospect strong and quick ....
    okay Roland you know best
  • colin1961 said:

We did make a move for Kike of Middlesboro

When?
  • edited February 2016
    I'm enjoying the fact we may spend 1.5m on a player, but we can do better for that price but i don't want to write him off.

Like i said the board does spend money, people forget we spend the same on Piotr Parzyszek as we did on Igor (Worked out well).

Also 2.5m For Sarr? Thanks RD for spending a bit of money but come on mate, by some decent players please
  • colin1961 said:

We did make a move for Kike of Middlesboro

And Michael Duberry when he was at Chelsea.

• Sponsored links:

DON'T.
    you'll break the internet !
  • Gullible gullible gullible

We have been here before

Even in the good ole days we only ever sold I expect the same

Was a nice winning feeling on Saturday now the chemical Ali propaganda starts
  • 1.5 million is really not a big bid, not in modern football and considering the other circumstances surrounding this potential deal.

Decent prospect, British, January transfer window, we are a relegation rival trying to send them down instead of us and they would have less then 12 hours to replace him.

I want to be wrong but at the moment this has the whiff of a good PR offer that the club know Rotherham would never accept, to show us fans that we did try to sign a good british player on a permanent, we just could not get a deal done.

File under James Henry.
  • I would prefer Moncur from Colchester.
  • It's hard to see why the player would want to leave Rotherham for Charlton today anyway. Why move from one bottom 6 team to another?
  • edited February 2016
    I forgot about Gradel, sadly I believe I fell for that one. :-(
  • Any news on Lookman?
  • Charlton have made a new £2 Million bid for Rotherham striker Jonson Clarke-Harris.