Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer Deadline Day - Charlton related (9pm - Yaya Sanogo on loan)

Comments

• Richard Cawley ‏@RichCawleySLP 1m1 minute ago England, United Kingdom
    Yeah. I don't think there is any cause to panic about it.

In response to my question about the outgoing players
  • Claims that there should be no panic about outgoings
  • Be useful in a penalty shoot out in league one play offs next season:-)
  • Is this Clarke-Harris really that good. Never heard of him until I see him miss that penalty.
  • Sponsored links:

• Good shout... Didnt think of Ceballos being the other heading out (wouldnt surprise me)
  • I'm going to call

Gnaby -in
    Bent -in

Vaz te-out
    cebellos-out

Is Vaz-Te on loan ?

What's Moussa doing these days ?
  • buckshee said:

Nicholas said:

Is this Clarke-Harris really that good. Never heard of him until I see him miss that penalty.

A cynic might cast aspersions on him already knowing of our interest prior to that penalty
    ahh, conspiracy... seems a few them recently....
  • Vaz Te was signed on a short deal until the end of the season... Moussa is another who could go.
  • I reckon, Ceballous and Vez Te out, maybe Moussa as well.
    As for incomings...not a clue, but I would like Gnaby.
  • edited February 2016
    http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/14244352.Arsenal_boss_confirms_loan_move_imminent_amid_Charlton_Athletic_links/

We need to lynch the News Shopper if Gnabry goes anywhere other than the Valley now!!
  • Even the Daily Mail has picked up the Clarke-Harris rumour now... God we've got more to go on today than pas windows!!

Rotherham's Jonson Clarke-Harris in talks with Charlton
    SAMI MOKBEL: Charlton are trying to tie up a deal for Rotherham's Jonson Clarke-Harris today.

The Addicks saw their initial advances rebuffed on Sunday but will try to get the deal over the line before tonight's deadline.
  • Clarke-Harris did well to win the penalty!! Taking positives..
  • I reckon we will see Darren Bent back at The Valley but playing for Bristol City on Saturday. I read somewhere that he on his way there. That ties up with comments coming from Bristol City that they will be signing a striker today.
  • Sponsored links:

• If we were able to make a £1.5m bid for a player, I'd want better than Clarke-Harris to be honest.

Even if its an upcoming player from League One (i.e. Dack)

You don't get much forward wise for £1.5m these days at Championship level. Washington went for over £2m from Peterborough to QPR

• Bent won't be coming back to us - he's on big wages and will only go somewhere they will match or get close to them.

Worryingly Bristol City probably fit into that category
  • Clarke-Harris did well to win the penalty!! Taking positives..

To be fair to the lad, yes, it was a god damn awful penalty but he looked very dangerous when he came on for them!
  • Brian said:

If we were able to make a £1.5m bid for a player, I'd want better than Clarke-Harris to be honest.

Even if its an upcoming player from League One (i.e. Dack)

You don't get much forward wise for £1.5m these days at Championship level. Washington went for over £2m from Peterborough to QPR

We've got Makienok / Vetokele / Reza / Lookman who can all play up there, all have the ability to finish (that was proven against Rotherham) so don't want another Striker as we can only play two of the said mentioned up there.

Would prefer Serge Gnabry and someone who can create something for those players as at present we're relying too heavily on Gudmundsson to do that week in / week out which is impossible for any player at our level.

£1.5m for that type of player isnt a lot in my opinion

I saw that Queens Park Rangers are after that Kemar Roofe from Oxford United if they lose Matt Phillips, would be perfect for us and would fit into the Roland type transfer because he'd certainly have a sell on value in the future
  • Nicholas said:

Is this Clarke-Harris really that good. Never heard of him until I see him miss that penalty.

He was very good against us in September/October time. Gave Bauer the run-around, very energetic in leading their line.
  • Anyone got the age-old "Bent signs" image ?