Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Fans Forum Tonight?

Comments

• So is it a NHS call centre or not ?
  • When RD goes - the sooner the better, of course - what will the club end up owing him in debts and how can we keep track of what this figure is? Until proven otherwise, I'm assuming RD is asset stripping the club, just like he did at Standard Liege.
  • edited January 2016
    Buglehorn said:

Thought his was interesting comment "No-one recently has been removed from the ground for having a banner."

We knew that.. they were removed because the stewards are cocks. :)

(Alternatively, that's implying that the incident was down to a verbal altercation which occurred? )
  • We are simply a vehicle for a test. His desire to prove he can make football clubs work differently. And to top it all off, the club is paying for the privilege of being part of that experiment. Great.
  • When RD goes - the sooner the better, of course - what will the club end up owing him in debts and how can we keep track of what this figure is? Until proven otherwise, I'm assuming RD is asset stripping the club, just like he did at Standard Liege.

Is it safe to assume that all the cash injected by Staprix to cover the ongoing operating losses are actually loans? In which case, the longer Duchatelet owns the club the bigger the debt until Charlton ends up totally unsaleable like Bolton.

Its like he's tying more and more concrete weights around our ankles and threatening to kick us off the end of the pier if we don't behave.
  • Only a small part in the document but we all know the new ticketing system is sh*t!
  • Missed It said:

As usual, its more about what they don't say than what they do say:-

"his investment has also ensured that Charlton is currently free of any bank debt."

So, is it investment or are actually Charlton up to their eyeballs in Staprix debt?

"his investment has also ensured that Charlton is free of any bank debt and Mr Duchalet now benefits from the debt carried by the club rather than NatWest"
  • Sponsored links:

• Markg2004 said:

Only a small part in the document but we all know the new ticketing system is sh*t!

They are seriously understating the utility of the old system and hence the benefit of the new one. It needed updating and the work was done, but it stalled because the spivs wouldn't put the money into it. However, to suggest that the club didn't have the data previously is laughable. How did it regularly contact supporters based on their purchase history then, including the main season-ticket mail-out?
  • Even Guy Luzon would be proud of the amount of repetition within statements that Katrien spouts.

I'm surprised she didn't just role out the powerpoint again
  • LuckyReds said:

Sounds like an interesting session.

think that was a document presented answering pre submitted questions. The 'session' will be available to watch later this afternoon.

• Sponsored links:

• Bubble said:

Even Guy Luzon would be proud of the amount of repetition within statements that Katrien spouts.

I'm surprised she didn't just role out the powerpoint again

The statement shows character and we need to show character because we need character. Character.
    Don't forget the "Quality"
  • redman said:

"What we do not allow on banners is: ................... anything that we may feel is controversial to either of the teams or their ownerships; ............."

If banners are err...banned - then maybe CARD should start getting T-Shirts printed up that we could all wear (like wearable banners) with the same message - that would send a clear message when we all take our coats off!!
  • PL54 said:

So is it a NHS call centre or not ?

Quite clearly it's not. It's part of CACT.

The Club could have cleared that one up as soon as information on this 'call centre' was in the public domain. I'm also surprised no one on here with links to CACT cleared up the situation either.

• Buglehorn said:

Thought his was interesting comment "No-one recently has been removed from the ground for having a banner."

The devil is in the detail. Were they physically thrown out onto Harvey Gardens or removed from the stand, hence not the ground? If the latter, then the statement is accurate if misleading.
  • Addickted said:

PL54 said:

So is it a NHS call centre or not ?

Quite clearly it's not. It's part of CACT.

The Club could have cleared that one up as soon as information on this 'call centre' was in the public domain. I'm also surprised no one on here with links to CACT cleared up the situation either.

Responsibility for public health (anti-smoking campaigns, etc) was transferred from the NHS to local councils in 2013. CACT is contracted to run certain public health functions for Greenwich Council, which includes calling members of the public, and has chosen to do this from The Valley.
  • You may have answered your own question there cafc-west.

How about getting a load of small cards/stiff paper printed with one or two large words on them such as "Roland Out" etc. At a given time everyone can hold up the card/paper. The club have laid on something like this before i.e. Curbs last game and we all know it is done in stadiums around the world to spell out large words, tributes etc.

Small enough to conceal from stewards, large enough to have an effect when held up in unison. Plus they can be re-used if saved.

• mogodon said:

stonemuse said:

The most laughable part of the 'statement' is probably the following:

"The day-to-day running of the club is the responsibility of the Senior Management Team, which is led by our CEO. This team has a wealth of experience within governing bodies, Premier League and Football League clubs and blue chip companies."

An unfair criticism. More than 50% of the SMT have watched a Premier League match on Sky in the past two years and Squirrel Face has worked (albeit as an intern) at a big company with glass doors and a flagpole, so that counts.
    very true ... I was very unfair in my comment

:wink: