Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fans Forum Tonight?

Comments

• Options

As this is supposed to be an event for the fans, don't invite Km or any of the belgian hierarchy. Jason Euell could come as a representative of the club/management/staff.

• Options
    seth plum said:

Amongst my memories of last years POTY, beyond our table host Glasshalffull getting a bouquet from Katrien, are that the catering company are atrocious, and that the food was inexcusably poor, and also that when Katrien arrived she was in a very bad mood indeed. I know why that was by the way, but it might be better if others recognized that too. I infer from last year's malarkey that Katrien wants control of the event this year so as to not have any, what to her were, uncomfortable surprises.
    The club's stance on the POTY event this year has resonance with the stuff like house music in crossbars, or the disaster of the open day when Bob Peeters arrived, or cheerleaders, or dare I say it the sofa, or the pre match kids events. There is very little awareness from the club regarding what goes down well with fans.
    What some great minds at Charlton think of as innovative and creative, be that the way the big screen is used, the mascots, pitch hire adverts, miserably walking around the perimeter pre-match halfheartedly swaying flags, is at best all hit and miss, with only about a 2% hit rate.
    I have no clue as to who comes up with 'ideas' at the club, but I am certain these ideas are never road tested to any degree, or suggested to fans. It all smacks to me like the Apprentice contestant with the loudest voice and biggest ego shoving their stupid idea down the throats of everybody else and brooking no argument.

Mind you if they dreamed up some crowd pleasing event involving laundry baskets it might have potential, at least that idea has been road tested.

I've not been since RD & KM arrived and based on your feedback, I'm very glad I didn't.
  • Options
    iainment said:

iainment said:

Sorry @ross1, not a criticism of your statement, but, are the players are told what they can and can't do in their spare time ?

They would need permission to attend anything as an employee of the club. So depending on what they were attending and in what capacity, yes.
    Blimey, thanks @iainment , didn't realize that.
    The jokes about North Korea may be not so funny now.......
    Pretty standard condition nowadays. I work for a social housing organisation and if I was found to be purporting to represent them in public I could be disciplined.
    Thanks again.
    How about, if, coincidentally, a few football supporters happened to be in a place, where, coincidentally, several people who happen to play for a football team happen to be ?
    Unlikely, granted, but could happen.
  • Options

iainment said:

iainment said:

Sorry @ross1, not a criticism of your statement, but, are the players are told what they can and can't do in their spare time ?

They would need permission to attend anything as an employee of the club. So depending on what they were attending and in what capacity, yes.
    Pretty standard condition nowadays. I work for a social housing organisation and if I was found to be purporting to represent them in public I could be disciplined.
    Thanks again.
    How about, if, coincidentally, a few football supporters happened to be in a place, where, coincidentally, several people who happen to play for a football team happen to be ?
    It depends on how much of a bastard someone would be.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    iainment said:

iainment said:

iainment said:

Thanks again.
    Sorry, as in me or as in players of any team doing what they would like ?
    Not having a pop at you, the club, or anyone, just find it weird that any player of any club should be told what they can and cannot do in their own time.
    Not sure how much some people could be.........
  • Options

iainment said:

iainment said:

iainment said:

Thanks again.
    Sorry, as in me or as in players of any team doing what they would like ?
    Not having a pop at you, the club, or anyone, just find it weird that any player of any club should be told what they can and cannot do in their own time.
    If the "bastard" Quote was aimed at me, not on Son.
    Think Belgian
  • Options
    Apologies @iainment .
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:

However, a couple of key members of staff pressed ahead with it and one even asked what is the problem with palace..!!

Ticket manager used to work for Palace and won an employee of the month award whilst she was there,

Dansk_Red said:

However, a couple of key members of staff pressed ahead with it and one even asked what is the problem with palace..!!

Ticket manager used to work for Palace and won an employee of the month award whilst she was there,

Not surprised after seeing how she works. Surely got employee of the month for Charlton too after the FF comments?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think it is fine that this meeting has club employees in it – but there is more of an issue that there are not other meetings with more fans. Some points were made but it was all very corporate. The club shouldn’t pretend that it is a dialogue with fans. It was good that Meire was challenged on her comments, but the chap doing so was a bit on his own. She was suggesting that people who have judged her hadn’t seen the video, but he said he had seen the video and interpreted it badly. He explained about the comments about the fans representing only one third of revenue that was part of those comments and she didn’t explain these. I thought it was an opportunity for her to apologise on record, but it was everybody else’s fault as usual. She could have easily said in Dublin, something like– ‘when I say weird I mean weird in a good way, as it is better they protest than just walk away’. But hearing what she said before and after the weird bit – it wasn’t praising the fans she was doing, it was more sarcastically lampooning them, and she can’t weedle out of that.

The rubbish about communicating better and this meeting being part of that. Having your employess tell everybody how great you are shows you like to employ yes men – and women, rather than represents good communications. Skirting over the difficult questions, which are what all the protests are about, is not communicating. I thought, with no disrespect, some of the dissenting voices could have been clearer. I mean, it is lazy to make out it is about money – but this point wasn’t challenged sufficiently. The point is it is about how managers are sacked and appointed, and how players are recruited that the fans take issue with. I would like to have heard a proper discussion about why Riga was sacked, why Powell wasn’t allowed to get on with it for a period with his own players, why Fraeye was appointed, why the squad has been so weak in this season and last that we have had to put out teams that were beaten before the match kicked off. These are valid questions and are not about money, but are about how the club is run. Taking previous comments from Meire, we feel we know the answer to that, which is, that is how the owner wants to run his club and it is his club to do as he likes with. That is why we are protesting. If that isn’t the case we need to be told, but we know that it is the case and the crazy decisions are out there for all to see, the press to comment on and laugh at, and us to protest about.
  • Options

As a meeting it lacked a decent chairperson who really should have been beginning the issue with who tabled the motion/subject and then allow debate and then what action would be taken and this to be followed up at the next meeting. There should have been ,by the chairperson, the actions agreed upon at the previous meeting and asking the persons responsible to present their requesated actions to the meeting. Yes it is a forum/ a discussion but if you, say, are asking for clarification on strategy or anything else (eg.net earnings on player sales and purchases) then that could be produced prior to the next meeting for discussion. The written text presented at the start of the meeting should have been given with the explanation that any items in this text can be cited for discussion in the next meeting after people have had the chance to read and think about it. There was little initiative given by the fans themselves and I would suggest a text handed out by rikofold at the next meeting with all the data produced from the survey /questionnaires he has overseen that again can be put as a discussion topic for the next meeting. THE FANS NEED TO TAKE THE INITIATIVE IN A FANS FORUM NOT THE CLUB. So in a way we are letting ourselves down by a. not turning up (apparently some fans decided not to go) b. not seizing the initiative in these meetings. The fact that the fans did not do this means that the club takes the initiative, sets the tone of the meeting, and makes it feel like it is an intimidating place to be.

I've sent a link to KM.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cF39VQXEpjk
  • Options
    watching it further through (doing it in various sittings) and katrien shakes her head when (i believe its rikofold?) says we've got worse despite paying 9 million net on transfers.

What planet is she living on?
  • Options
    It's not £9m net, is it? We've apparently spent £9m but have no accurate indication of how much we've brought in from transfers in the same period.
  • Options
    You can probably roughly work it out. If we're losing £6-7m a year and there's been an operating loss funding requirement over that time of £8.3m, presumably most of all of the difference is outgoing transfers, around £4-6m.
  • Options
    rikofold said:

You can probably roughly work it out. If we're losing £6-7m a year and there's been an operating loss funding requirement over that time of £8.3m, presumably most of all of the difference is outgoing transfers, around £4-6m.

If this is a true figure then why put a spin on it? It is the bullshit that winds me up....along with everthing else☺
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

watching it further through (doing it in various sittings) and katrien shakes her head when (i believe its rikofold?) says we've got worse despite paying 9 million net on transfers.

What planet is she living on?

Unbelievable... It's like she keeps telling lies and now it's got to the point where she believes them as truth...
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    rikofold said:

It's going to be higher than that. You can draw some conclusions from the declared profit on player sales of £6.1m in the last two published years since logically the income can't be less than the profit - and there is only Button and Shelvey add-on that falls before RD which is mostly offset by Wiggins, whose fee was in the current accounting period as he was sold in August 2015. I covered this in VOTV123, but income is likely to be close to spending on fees. RD could even be ahead as Joyes will also be counting fees RD paid himself for Reza, Tucudean, Nego in his £9m - it's clear from the 2014 accounts there was a substantial fee for Reza and something for Nego.
  • Options

rikofold said:

It's going to be higher than that. You can draw some conclusions from the declared profit on player sales of £6.1m in the last two published years since logically the income can't be less than the profit - and there is only Button and Shelvey add-on that falls before RD which is mostly offset by Wiggins, whose fee was in the current accounting period as he was sold in August 2015. I covered this in VOTV123, but income is likely to be close to spending on fees. RD could even be ahead as Joyes will also be counting fees RD paid himself for Reza, Tucudean, Nego in his £9m - it's clear from the 2014 accounts there was a substantial fee for Reza and something for Nego.
    Well that would mean either that some incoming fees haven't been accounted for or operating loss is much higher?
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    rikofold said:

rikofold said:

Well that would mean either that some incoming fees haven't been accounted for or operating loss is much higher?
    We need to see the audited accounts for 2014/15 before we can reach any conclusions. What they say and what's in the programme will only be a version of the truth. The fact remains that for there to be a £6.1m profit on transfers there has to be a minimum of £6.1m in income - unless someone better qualified than me can explain why not (i have been through it with a qualified accountant who has relevant experience though). From that you have to deduct the July 1st 2013-Jan 4th 2014 profit, i.e. any on Button (fee and cost are likely to cancel out) and the Shelvey additions, then add Wiggins, reported to be £750k fee having signed on a Bosman, from recollection. Finally, take into account the amortisation of the Vetokele, Reza, Polish Pete and any other fees for players signed and not sold, which would reduce the stated profit, i.e. it has to be considerably more than £6.1m to start with.
  • Options
    Stig said:

Congratulations to everyone who got through that video. I lasted 12 mins when I decided I'd rather do this:

I didn't manage it. I couldn't stand looking at her face and listening to her yap for longer than 10 minutes. Thanks to all who have commented in this thread which has outlined all the major points.
  • Options

Checked the new comms manager on Linked-in.
    She has very little comms experience but lots of accounting experience, so ticks all the Belgian boxes.

That's a good start then.
  • Options

One small point, no personal disparaging comments on people's appearances please.

Rip into what they say, or do, or don't do, but grateful if you could leave looks etc out of it. Thank you

Well said. Totally unacceptable.

P.S. Is 'squirrel face' still an acceptable description of the CEO?

Yes!
  • Options

seth plum said:

Who is in charge if Katrien goes on maternity leave?

Are you thinking of shagging her ?
    Don't think squirrel face will find him attractive.