Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fans Forum Tonight?

Comments

• Options
    I wonder if it was a deliberate decision by RD to employ a female CEO. I know i will be accused of sexism but isn't it a fact of life that people are less inclined to really have a go at a female in a hostile environment? Perhaps he thought, given his experiences when ruining Standard Liege as a club, that because he knew he would get the same reaction here a female CEO might be given more leeway?
    Its the only possible explanation I can think of for him employing a CEO with no football background whatsoever to run a club that he would never visit and also the fact that she seems to get a relatively easy ride at meetings like this....
  • Options
    They just don't seem to understand any part of how we feel... Surely they must realise that for us to be demonstrating and protesting as we are things are pretty dire in our eyes... after all when we were relegated to league 1 the last time did we protest at the ownership? no. So its not just about poor performances on the pitch, its also about about how we, as fans who will still be here long after they have left, feel disillusioned and disenfranchised from the club we love yet they will not see it for what it is....
  • Options
    Katrien seemed at her least credible trying to defend the regular managerial disasters. I wonder what she will say the next time.
    I may have skipped the bit where she is questioned about the purpose of all the Academy stuff she was going on about which is to make players to sell to the Premier League.
  • Options
    Thinking back to watchin the FF yesterday, how does Keohane manage to keep a straight face when he said there were no discussions about potential flats in the Jimmy Seed Stand, when there were a number of options put forward?

Surely, someone must have discussed getting together options. If he had said that no decision had been made, I might be tempted to believe him. But, clearly there must have been some discussion...

Actually, on second thoughts, there probably is no discussion, Roland decides and the joyful news is transmitted (with an, allegedly, coquettish giggle) by his representative on Earth to his loyal disciples.
  • Options
    If she wasn't CEO and was say head of cleaning, do you think others around the table would let her act like that?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Despite assurances over fans concerns being taken on board and addressed through better communications, when the key Supporters Trust Survey findings were presented, no one from the Club appeared to seize the initiative and requested to see or follow up on the detailed findings.

I might be being unfair and perhaps this was covered off air, or maybe the Survey findings are automatically presented to the Club anyway as a matter of course.
  • Options

Thinking back to watchin the FF yesterday, how does Keohane manage to keep a straight face when he said there were no discussions about potential flats in the Jimmy Seed Stand, when there were a number of options put forward?

Surely, someone must have discussed getting together options. If he had said that no decision had been made, I might be tempted to believe him. But, clearly there must have been some discussion...

Actually, on second thoughts, there probably is no discussion, Roland decides and the joyful news is transmitted (with an, allegedly, coquettish giggle) by his representative on Earth to his loyal disciples.

After saying there have been no discussions, he immediately brings up a artists concept from 15 years ago, laying the groundwork for a u-turn.

So much crap as well. "The discussions have only been about enhancing the ground". What, you mean they have not been talking about making it worse? Enhancing it in which way? From Roland's perspective or ours. What a load of bollocks.
  • Options

Accepting that it's partly a function of the FF members sending apologies, there is a pretty absurd ratio of staff to fans at that meeting. I make it 11 staff and 7 fans at first count (not counting the person recording the video).

What's your point here? That it should have been cancelled or the absentees made more of an effort? Really not clear what you would consider might have happened differently. We'd have moaned more if the meeting were cancelled.

I am worried we are picking holes for the sake of it.

Constructive criticism is needed . Surely what is very positive is that the meeting was videoed and released very quickly and that ( to me) the agenda was allowed to air the issues of the day and that answers (whether we like them or not) were given.
    I'd agree that the filming & viewing were a positive. It's the attitude of Meire and the disingenuous replies that were out of order.
    Was it disingenuous though? I say that because there was no real news as no new things came to light. All I heard / saw was the right of reply on some of the things that have been discussed on here and elsewhere.

They defended the realtively minor issue on where ticket office staff are located, Stated the Jimmy Seed stand is at this stage a preliminary investigation and that no staff reductions are planned.

I know I am in a minority but do have some sympathy on the defence of the Dublin interview having taken the time to watch it; you can hear what you want to hear I feel.

I'd rather look to the positive that they concede communication is poor and want go get better.

When the meeting concludes on the merits of a Saturday or Sunday social event with 'our' side admitting to non participation on the basis don't want to consider a change it shows how both sides can become frustrated with entrenched views regardless of the spirit of the meeting.

Critical we (as fans) and they know player recruitment and the managerial farce is the root cause and they effectively admitted that. They commented on it but this forum was never going to get into more detail than it did but a least allowed those attending to express their opinions.
    Its frustrating that KM can still confuse the national media into thinking she is hard-working and competent.

How can you offer such defences to an individual who promotes her own interests at the expense of the club? You would expect a natural alignment given her position as CEO but her actions do not support this proposition.

Toxic liar.

A nonsense appraisal of Dublin conference. It you really want an insight into her knowledge of football then there it is. In total context and illustrating her vision.

I want to hear competency, ability and dedication but somehow can't seem to.

Which channel of Newspeak do you tune into because that might be my problem, perhaps my antenna needs to replicate the 100% pure BS frequency you seem to be receiving.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Dansk_Red said:

I think the lady who spoke about organizing the POTY was taken aback when Iain said he was not interested in being involved if the club wanted to organize it to take place after the Burnley game on the Saturday. She has 12 weeks to organize it, I can not see an of the fans (Fanny) wanting to collect votes etc. The fans could make a total farce of it by voting for TWW.

Just another thing they don't understand and want to change.

And there was me thinking that Cahones fully understands what the customers need
  • Options

Accepting that it's partly a function of the FF members sending apologies, there is a pretty absurd ratio of staff to fans at that meeting. I make it 11 staff and 7 fans at first count (not counting the person recording the video).

What's your point here? That it should have been cancelled or the absentees made more of an effort? Really not clear what you would consider might have happened differently. We'd have moaned more if the meeting were cancelled.

I am worried we are picking holes for the sake of it.

Constructive criticism is needed . Surely what is very positive is that the meeting was videoed and released very quickly and that ( to me) the agenda was allowed to air the issues of the day and that answers (whether we like them or not) were given.
    I'd agree that the filming & viewing were a positive. It's the attitude of Meire and the disingenuous replies that were out of order.
    Was it disingenuous though? I say that because there was no real news as no new things came to light. All I heard / saw was the right of reply on some of the things that have been discussed on here and elsewhere.

They defended the realtively minor issue on where ticket office staff are located, Stated the Jimmy Seed stand is at this stage a preliminary investigation and that no staff reductions are planned.

I know I am in a minority but do have some sympathy on the defence of the Dublin interview having taken the time to watch it; you can hear what you want to hear I feel.

I'd rather look to the positive that they concede communication is poor and want go get better.

When the meeting concludes on the merits of a Saturday or Sunday social event with 'our' side admitting to non participation on the basis don't want to consider a change it shows how both sides can become frustrated with entrenched views regardless of the spirit of the meeting.

Critical we (as fans) and they know player recruitment and the managerial farce is the root cause and they effectively admitted that. They commented on it but this forum was never going to get into more detail than it did but a least allowed those attending to express their opinions.
    Its frustrating that KM can still confuse the national media into thinking she is hard-working and competent.

How can you offer such defences to an individual who promotes her own interests at the expense of the club? You would expect a natural alignment given her position as CEO but her actions do not support this proposition.

Toxic liar.

A nonsense appraisal of Dublin conference. It you really want an insight into her knowledge of football then there it is. In total context and illustrating her vision.

I want to hear competency, ability and dedication but somehow can't seem to.

Which channel of Newspeak do you tune into because that might be my problem, perhaps my antenna needs to replicate the 100% pure BS frequency you seem to be receiving.
    After observing her performances on video, I am worried that there might be another explanation.

Psychosis is a mental health problem that causes people to perceive or interpret things differently from those around them. This might involve hallucinations or delusions.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    I don't want to criticise anyone who was there as it seems to me it was a difficult environment in which to make any valid points but I am at a loss as to why she was not pushed further in relation to the Varney exchanges.
    The original approach was made to RD and it was clear at that stage that it was an investment opportunity, RD told her to meet with PV, she failed to do so and it seems that almost all of the unavailability and cancellations came from her side, PV went out of his way to be available.
    If they are not interested in investments why did RD tell her to meet PV?
    If she is being truthful then why did she not just simply say to PV that they were not interested from the outset? Would have saved a lot of wasted time and confusion.
    They seem obvious points to me and it seems that she was let off the hook somewhat, however I do understand that they all probably just wanted to get out of there by then!
  • Options
    How long is the video , I will watch it at some stage
    1) for the car crashness of it
    2) to wind myself up
    3) to see who Rikofold is
  • Options
    1 hr 40 mins
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I would still like to know, how much money has been spent on players that proved to be not good enough, transfers, hotels, signing on fees, other expenses. I bet this information will never be published, so when they go on about how much they have spent on players, will someone ask this question
  • Options

I don't want to criticise anyone who was there as it seems to me it was a difficult environment in which to make any valid points but I am at a loss as to why she was not pushed further in relation to the Varney exchanges.
    The original approach was made to RD and it was clear that it was an investment opportunity, RD told her to meet with PV, she failed to do so and it seems that almost all of the unavailability and cancellations came from her side, PV went out of his way to be available.
    If they are not interested in investments why did RD tell her to meet PV?
    If she is being truthful then why did she not just simply say to PV that they were not interested in investment from the outset? Would have saved a lot of wasted time and confusion.
    They seem obvious points to me and it seems that she was let off the hook somewhat, however I do understand that they all probably just wanted to get out of there by then!

I do think that it is interesting the way that staff were spread out around the table. I think I might have been easier for the fan representatives if there was less need to keep turning their heads. In my world the CEO, CFO and COO should have sat together, as the focal point. I'm not saying that it should automatically be confrontational, but even with an independent Chair, it would be difficult to progress matters with the distribution of people.

I wonder is it a deliberate decision on the part of the club, or had it been agreed as a way forward.

As an aside, should someone suggest to the minute taker/Chair that the agenda should include who has raised matters for inclusion ahead of the day, too often no-one on the club side seemed to know why items were included or by whom.
  • Options
    I picture Roland in his office in Belgium questioning "why are all these people making protests when the business I run in SE7 has nothing to do with football?"
  • Options
    Just watched as much as I can bear. Finger nails being dragged down a blackboard. She really is dreadful.
  • Options
    I suspect this will be the limit of their fan engagement. Box ticked, and in their next interview we will hear "we met with a group of fans and had some really great discussions and I think they now have a better idea of what we are trying to do and how much we all want the same thing".
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:

1 hr 40 mins

Wow it can't be painful all the way surely
  • Options
    Wow, that is real "parallel universe" stuff. Very depressing again, as nothing said by the club throws us even an olive branch to cling onto. That's unless you are extremely gullible and accept their half truths and spin at face value. @rikofold , thank you for doing a great job for us all.

The idea of compiling a 5 minute cut of the most ridiculous/damaging quotes by KM is a good one I think (but clearly a lot of work involved for someone - not to mention having to suffer the drivel over and over again while editing, probably more than most of us could bear).
  • Options
    Wasn't that what you were trying to tell her at the last VIP meeting before someone took the microphone off you ?