Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Addicks v's Blackburn Match thread 23/01/16 (and off pitch activities)

Comments

• Did Rik say on the microphone that the club is discussing with Belgian Architects about redeveloping the South Stand to include flats??
    (I couldn't make it tonight, but have been told this by someone there.)

Yes this was said. really bad news if it happens.
    Greenwich Council will also be in the firing line if they approve a Charlton damaging development at the Jimmy Seed end, and the ripple effect will be considerable all round.
    Any profitable housing development will barely pay for all of Roland's fuck up's so far.
  • Do you really think a smoke bomb would smash a window do me a favour.
  • There's gonna be a few idiots in a crowd of a hundred.
    Crowds of thousands even more so.

Impossible to prevent things like that happening unfortunately, as others said, last thing we need as it just gives Liar Meire an excuse to tar us all with the same brush.
  • edited January 2016

There's gonna be a few idiots in a crowd of a hundred.
    Crowds of thousands even more so.

Impossible to prevent things like that happening unfortunately, as others said, last thing we need as it just gives Liar Meire an excuse to tar us all with the same brush.

Absolutely. I have no doubt that if and when the bitch speaks out about the protests, it will purely be to mention things like that.

Don't give them any anmo.
  • Cause a pressure drop, oh pressure

Oh yeah pressure drop a drop on you

I say a pressure drop, oh pressure

Oh yeah pressure drop a drop on you

I say when it drops, oh you gonna, feel it

Know that you were doing wrong
  • If its true that a window was smashed how about repairing it out of the protest fund. Know it's not gonna be a popular idea but we need to show that the official line of the protest does not accept that sort of action..

No it isn't true.
  • Sponsored links:

• vffvff
    edited January 2016
    Good numbers at the demonstration. There were many more black scarfs around the the ground and when standing up if you want them out, there was more than half of supporters standing. Saw leaflets dropped into the executive box, a good banner which stewards removed. It did not look good, that the supporters with the banner were removed and the way the supporters were removed. It shows the type of horrible people running the club that consider Charlton supporters to be enemies. Who are these people ? Murray must be proud.
  • vff said:

Good turn out at the demonstration. There were many more black scarfs around the the ground and when standing up if you want them out, there was more than half of supporters standing. Saw leaflets dropped into the executive box, a good banner which stewards removed. It did not look good, that the supporters with the banner were removed and the way the supporters were removed. It shows the type of horrible people running the club that consider Charlton supporters to be enemies. Who are these people ? Murray must be proud.

Too much information. :anguished:
  • edited January 2016
  • Keep it up boys and girls. Great to be part of it
  • We were in the lower west and we saw some people in the directors box stand up with the rest of us, the Lass also reckons a couple of people were ejected from the box just before half time.
    In the car park the red flares did not seem to cause a problem but we were not near the front.
  • seth plum said:

Did Rik say on the microphone that the club is discussing with Belgian Architects about redeveloping the South Stand to include flats??

Greenwich Council will also be in the firing line if they approve a Charlton damaging development at the Jimmy Seed end, and the ripple effect will be considerable all round.
    Any profitable housing development will barely pay for all of Roland's fuck up's so far.
    would not surprise me , Greenwich council want more housing , plans already for the Avery Hill campus in Eltham and now possibly at The Valley Lets hope the local MP's get wise and turn down any permission on the grounds They wont get voted in at the next election
  • We left after the second flare got lit. Up until then my son was on my shoulders chanting right at the front. We wanted to stay longer but I'm not getting him close with that.

Black and white made a difference today, local season ticket holders who aren't following the protests were getting into it.

I was standing beside a couple with two little girls, maybe 5/7 years old - and they loved the smoke bombs and said it reminded them of fireworks night!

I also refused to sing Belgian wankers - and also booed and went shhhhhhhhhh when the katrien and sarr song was sung.

we are trying, but im sorry you felt this way :(

• If this prick wants to do housing redevelopment on the valley, then it's not football it's not about ownership,

That's not his ground it's ours, I am fully up for increased aggression now and start to really heat it up,

We need to get rid of this prick sharpish, by all means possible
  • edited January 2016

Smoke bomb wasn't thrown at the window it went into the ring of steel + there wasn't any damage to any glass on the building. Unless I've gone blind. What an utter crock of shit some people spout on here....

Smoke bomb definitely hit the wall above the door, that wasn't the smartest move but certainly didn't cause any damage.

As for the glass, as @cafckev has mentioned, there was a bottle thrown and that smashed - not the window. Wasn't exactly the work of a genius as then there were a few chunks of glass flying in the air..

Certainly no damage though, and little more than an idiot in a crowd of 1,000+. 1 person out of a thousand means less than 0.1%.. or by Katrien's logic, 0.00001%. Not something that really needs dwelling on.
  • SE7West said:

Hi, I join in with the demonstrations today and have been watching the action for some time -- I'll never be in front of the action but definitely support the cause -- so I'd like to contribute something -- money potentially but also perhaps campaign support as I have some experience running campaigns. Please, could someone in the right position to do so message me and I'll let you know my e-mail and we can take it from there?

Has @Davo55 seen this? Might be worth a contact mate?
    Thanks @Redmidland. Just seen it and have PMd him.
  • Sponsored links:

• If this prick wants to do housing redevelopment on the valley, then it's not football it's not about ownership,

That's not his ground it's ours, I am fully up for increased aggression now and start to really heat it up,

We have got our NLA back that's a start :smile:
  • @Dansk_Rd Unfortunately, in war there's always unintended consequences!
  • seth plum said:

Did Rik say on the microphone that the club is discussing with Belgian Architects about redeveloping the South Stand to include flats??

would not surprise me , Greenwich council want more housing , plans already for the Avery Hill campus in Eltham and now possibly at The Valley Lets hope the local MP's get wise and turn down any permission on the grounds They wont get voted in at the next election
    We'll have to remind them of Simon Oelman...
  • I seem to remember a while ago that the catering was outsourced,

In fact it's run by Delaware North: https://careers.delawarenorth.co.uk/about-us.aspx

Quite how the financials work though I don't know. Assume the club pays them too run it but still gets the takings?
  • JaShea99 said:

SE7West said:

Hi, I join in with the demonstrations today and have been watching the action for some time -- I'll never be in front of the action but definitely support the cause -- so I'd like to contribute something -- money potentially but also perhaps campaign support as I have some experience running campaigns. Please, could someone in the right position to do so message me and I'll let you know my e-mail and we can take it from there?

Maybe just my paranoia, but.........
    Does read a bit like it's been written by someone who's first language isn't English.
    Whose*
    whose*

First law of Internet message boards, whenever you post something nitpicking someone's grammar, the Internet fairies always intervene to make sure there is a grammatical error in your post as well.

• ChiAddick said:

Brilliant banner. Protest fund funded?

Yes indeed. Thanks to all who have donated so far.
  • Dansk_Red said:

If this prick wants to do housing redevelopment on the valley, then it's not football it's not about ownership,

We have got our NLA back that's a start :smile:
    And he's not fecking about this time......... Sorry D, I'm on the piss again.;)
  • edited January 2016

If its true that a window was smashed how about repairing it out of the protest fund. Know it's not gonna be a popular idea but we need to show that the official line of the protest does not accept that sort of action..

Just a personal view but I wouldn't support this idea. CARD (of which the protest fund is part) has been very clear in not supporting or promoting violent or criminal acts. I would much rather use the money donated in a positive way to help create more impactful protests than to shell out what would be a lot of money to a Belgian multi-millionaire to fix damage not done in our name.
  • Rob7Lee said:

I seem to remember a while ago that the catering was outsourced,

In fact it's run by Delaware North: https://careers.delawarenorth.co.uk/about-us.aspx

Quite how the financials work though I don't know. Assume the club pays them too run it but still gets the takings?

I went to a fans forum type thing back in the PL days and there Varney (I think) said that the club was paid by the caterers for the rights to run the concessions rather than getting the income directly from selling pies and beer. That must be 10 years ago now though so may have changed.
  • I don't believe some of the things I'm reading.
    There are points in life when you pick sides.... Some one throwing a smoke bomb or someone trying in to turn the the South stand into flats.

You can have an owner that runs your club into the ground so you may not ever have one again or on the other hand be against someone that throws a smoke bomb that could intimidate the owners that everyone wants out to leave. Do you really think they are thinking of selling because fans peacefully protesting. Like hell will they.
    I however think the people carrying out the protest so far have my respect but really don't think it will change anything.