Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Addicks v's Blackburn Match thread 23/01/16 (and off pitch activities)

Comments

• Did Rik say on the microphone that the club is discussing with Belgian Architects about redeveloping the South Stand to include flats??
    (I couldn't make it tonight, but have been told this by someone there.)
  • Hi, I join in with the demonstrations today and have been watching the action for some time -- I'll never be in front of the action but definitely support the cause -- so I'd like to contribute something -- money potentially but also perhaps campaign support as I have some experience running campaigns. Please, could someone in the right position to do so message me and I'll let you know my e-mail and we can take it from there?
  • SE7West said:

Hi, I join in with the demonstrations today and have been watching the action for some time -- I'll never be in front of the action but definitely support the cause -- so I'd like to contribute something -- money potentially but also perhaps campaign support as I have some experience running campaigns. Please, could someone in the right position to do so message me and I'll let you know my e-mail and we can take it from there?

Has @Davo55 seen this? Might be worth a contact mate?
  • Smoke bomb wasn't thrown at the window it went into the ring of steel + there wasn't any damage to any glass on the building. Unless I've gone blind. What an utter crock of shit some people spout on here....

I wasn't there. Just reposted what I read on Twitter from a couple of people. Good to hear that it's not true!
  • Smoke bomb wasn't thrown at the window it went into the ring of steel + there wasn't any damage to any glass on the building. Unless I've gone blind. What an utter crock of shit some people spout on here....

Bloke on FB saying he lobbed a beer bottle, seems proud of himself.

• Did Rik say on the microphone that the club is discussing with Belgian Architects about redeveloping the South Stand to include flats??

Yes something along those lines
  • The fact is this, it's clear that Katrien's best chance to win, or at least delay defeat, is to ensure that protests get out of hand. The idea of pitch invasions was placed into the public domain from the regime side, and they have clearly been pushing the idea with the media. I was even worried that they'd try to kettle fans, or push them out of the car park, when they were having the barrier erected, because I could see that ending badly (just from how pissed off looking at the pictures).

Now, I don't know what makes the regime tick, and don't want to, but it'd be their PR wet dream to have someone in the protest tip it over into violence and/or property damage.

I'm not for one instant suggesting that they are cunning enough to place agents provocateurs amongst the protesters, but none of us want to do their job for them.

We need to work really hard to make sure that none of us does anything stupid because that will only leave our club in Roland's power for longer.

Let's keep undermining the regime and pray that there might be half a chance that the team can justify our support and stay up this season.

Yes he did. He named a Belgian architect who, he says, is in talks with Roland about building flats in the South Stand.
  • Sponsored links:

Yes he did. He named a Belgian architect who, he says, is in talks with Roland about building flats in the South Stand.
    Great views of the Charlton Heights from there! ;)
  • Did anyone get a picture of all the supporters proudly wearing their Black & White scarfs and stickers, queuing up to buy their pies, chips and beer inside the ground?
  • edited January 2016
    Great numbers at the protest tonight. Next one will be even bigger.

Thought all along roly was after developing the valley , relegation , low crowds , build a purpose built stadium ( for low attendances ) else where he is destrying CAFC for his own benfit
  • E-cafc said:
    Any way of accessing this without joining Facebook?

Of course, it may just be my phone.
  • I don't know, that's why I removed it. Good video shows great numbers at the protest.

Thought all along roly was after developing the valley , relegation , low crowds , build a purpose built stadium ( for low attendances ) else where he is destrying CAFC for his own benfit
    Exactly. It all makes sense. Invest in the academy, sod the first team, relagation (probably twice), alienate the "customers", smaller crowds, sell the ground for personal profit, build a much smaller one for League 2, sell academy players to the Premier league - job done.
  • edited January 2016

Apart from the obvious regarding building flats in the South Stand what really amazes me is that it is Belgian architects. What exactly is it with this mob that they can only ever see Belgium in everything. Twats.

If there is any truth in this, this really needs highlighting to the media, FA and everyone else

Obviously I am on about the flats not the Belgium bit

• Sponsored links:

• SE7West said:

Hi, I join in with the demonstrations today and have been watching the action for some time -- I'll never be in front of the action but definitely support the cause -- so I'd like to contribute something -- money potentially but also perhaps campaign support as I have some experience running campaigns. Please, could someone in the right position to do so message me and I'll let you know my e-mail and we can take it from there?

Maybe just my paranoia, but.........
    Does read a bit like it's been written by someone who's first language isn't English.
  • Would be brilliant if everybody on the free buses was wearing a black and white scarf, if not carrying a Roland Out flag.
  • There were a couple of photographers within the barrier taking lots of pictures of the banners. Then several Charlton officials in suits told them to stop taking the photos and made them go in side.
  • We left after the second flare got lit. Up until then my son was on my shoulders chanting right at the front. We wanted to stay longer but I'm not getting him close with that.

Black and white made a difference today, local season ticket holders who aren't following the protests were getting into it.
  • I thought Bergdych played surprisingly well. Gutted to concede just before half time.

First time in West lower for me that the covered end chants were followed and sometimes started by the long term supporters there.

Was expecting before the game to lose. Disappointed now with a draw. Well played cousins, JBG, and amazingly both Bergdych and Fox I thought had really good games.