Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Olympic Stadium; our day in court

Comments

• Options
    cafc999 said:
    West Ham are forever getting stick over the London Stadium whereas little is ever said about the the City of Manchester Stadium, a k a the Etihad which was converted for use as a football stadium using Manchester rate payers cash and is leased to the billionaire owners of Citteee at a low (comparatively compared to the Citteee  owner's riches) rent
    Pretty certain @PragueAddick has covered the differences between Citeh & the Hammers deals and I believe Citeh pay / do a lot more than the latter.

Happy to be corrected
    It was also designed and built with its post-athletics life in mind. It was always going to be a football stadium after the Commonwealth Games. 
    where is the proof for this theory ? .. City of Manchester Stadium - Wikipedia
  • Options
    cafc999 said:
    West Ham are forever getting stick over the London Stadium whereas little is ever said about the the City of Manchester Stadium, a k a the Etihad which was converted for use as a football stadium using Manchester rate payers cash and is leased to the billionaire owners of Citteee at a low (comparatively compared to the Citteee  owner's riches) rent
    Pretty certain @PragueAddick has covered the differences between Citeh & the Hammers deals and I believe Citeh pay / do a lot more than the latter.

Happy to be corrected
    It was also designed and built with its post-athletics life in mind. It was always going to be a football stadium after the Commonwealth Games. 
    Here https://www.arup.com/projects/etihad-stadium

Here https://football.fandom.com/wiki/City_of_Manchester_Stadium

• Options
    cafc999 said:

Happy to be corrected
    Here https://www.arup.com/projects/etihad-stadium

Here https://football.fandom.com/wiki/City_of_Manchester_Stadium

OK
  • Options

The London Legacy Development Corporation (LLDC) board will meet tomorrow in East London.

Published papers reveal the board will be told  the London Stadium is a further £4.6m worse off in running cost expenditure after failing to stick to its agreed budget.

The stadium owners budgeted for £11.8m of expenditure in 2022/2023 but this has increased to £16.4m

The LLDC plans to spend another £14.5m on the London Stadium in capital projects on improvements. up £3.2m on what was budgeted.

The report says of the adverse variance on the Stadium running costs £4.1m is due to the cancellation of the summer concerts last summer due to the pandemic, the cost of stewarding West Ham Europa League home games and the failure to land a naming rights partner for the stadium, again blaming the global pandemic. The Leeds Cup game was also singled out for extra stewarding costs incurred in another document.

The papers say the revenue short fall will be funded through additional income/savings arising from the Stadium and the remaining £0.5m funding shortfall will be funded by the GLA who have agreed to fund through additional grant in the November 2021 Budget submission.

The London Stadium element of the board report says following the very sad news of the death of Taylor Hawkins of the Foo Fighters, the band have cancelled their 2022 European tour, including two dates scheduled at the Stadium.

However, it was announced that the Monster Jam monster truck event would be held at the Stadium on 18 June 2022, Soccer Aid event for Unicef would also be held in the Stadium on 12 June 2022. The World XI, managed by Arsene Wenger and captained by Usain Bolt will face the England XI, managed by Harry Redknapp, captained by Liam Payne and featuring ex-footballers Gary Neville and Jamie Carragher. It was also announced that the Stadium will host the The Vanarama National League Promotion Final on 5 June 2022. The rescheduled Hella Mega tour by Green Day will be hosted on Friday 24 June.

• Options
    From ClaratandHue web site.

London Stadium owners E20 Stadium and operators London Stadium 185 – both owned by the London Legacy Development Corporation (LLDC) – have tendered publicly for services worth a whooping £56m in relation to the London Stadium.

The awards of such large tenders over multi-year contracts makes the chance of West Ham taking over the stadium in the short term unlikely.

Services tendered for include:

May 2021 Fire and safety officer services  £130,000

June 2021 London Stadium uniforms £80,000

July 2021 London Stadium Stewarding and Security £20.5m

July 2021 Relocatable London Stadium West stand seating £14.5m

August 2021 London Stadium new staff entrance £600,000

November 2021 Event day barrier £80,000

December 2021 Mobile hostile vehicle mitigation barriers  £80,000

January 2022 Retail Merchandise Concession Services £8m

February 2022 Security Services Framework  £12m

April 2022 Replacement of the London Stadium PA system £1m

Some of these contracts run for five years with an option of another two years.

With the abolition of the London Legacy Development Corporation in 2025, it remains to be seen who will inherit these contracts but Newham council are in a prime position to take over the loss-making public-funded stadium.

• Options
    I wonder who pays for stewarding etc at the Ethiad Stadium, think West Ham are taking the pee on that score.
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:
    I wonder who pays for stewarding etc at the Ethiad Stadium, think West Ham are taking the pee on that score.
    I don't think WHU pay for any staff. 
  • Options
    cafc999 said:
    Dansk_Red said:
    They don’t. 
  • Options
    cafc999 said:
    Dansk_Red said:
    They don’t. 
    For Citeh pay for their stewards and staff?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The dildo brothers will probably buy the stadium at a knock down price, then sell the club, but keep the ground.
  • Options
    A little reminder that the new spurs stadium cost just over £1.2 billion to build 
  • Options
    I think the word is corruption. The dildo brothers will see Jonson right at some point.
  • Options
    Barry Hearn was on the Price of Football podcast a few weeks ago talking about this deal and how clueless Boris Johnson is. Worth a listen. 
  • Options

The continuing drain of West Ham's bargain of the century

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-62406154
  • Options
    think what would have happened if that Mayor of London had gone on to become our Prime Minister? - oh he did!!!!
  • Options
    Hey, as a UK tax payer I am used to being bent over and pegged, however the thought of those claret n blue mugs doing this adds even more resentment.  The fact that they are a bunch of spunk mag and dildo salesmen is the purest of irony of course (iron! Geddit?).
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    I'm wondering what made the BBC suddenly decide to run with this, with the by-line of a quite senior political journo, as opposed to a sports journo like Dan Roan who did his best at the time. A conspiracy theorist might suggest it has something to do with the removal of that festering lump of lard Boris Johnson, the man who drove the contract, from No 10. I rather hope not because that would imply that the pressure on the BBC in recent years has been as real and as malignant as some of us fear.

Alos yesterday, and possibly sparked by the article,  the Dossier Twitter got a reply from an account I've not come across before. Anyway I have downloaded the book and started reading. I fear it's not going to be comfortable reading.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Don't worry, for it to be uncomfortable reading the previous Prime Minister would have to be highly corrupt. Oh bollocks!
  • Options
    I take it that the hamsters keep the money from refreshments.
    Actually this basic catering is shared profit.

Whereas in the boxes, where the big margins are, they keep the lot.
  • Options
    I take it that the hamsters keep the money from refreshments.
    Actually this basic catering is shared profit.

Whereas in the boxes, where the big margins are, they keep the lot.
    So basic catering prices are inflated to double the margin and get the same profit as would sole owner!
  • Options
    Was watching the sports minister and various voices on the BBC in Birmingham this morning talking about enduring legacies after these commonwealth games.
    Hot air and bullshit never smells nice in these temperatures or am I a disillusioned cynic?
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    There's certainly a feeling that UK Athletics will cut it loses on the London Stadium, and focus all it's attention on the Alexander Stadium moving forward

• Options

London Stadium: LLDC and law firm settle over West Ham deal

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-62469587
  • Options
    How is the settlement allowed to be confidential? Surely it's in the public's interest to know?
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:
    How is the settlement allowed to be confidential? Surely it's in the public's interest to know?
    That’s a very good question. If they are going to cite “commmercial confidentiality”, our case would as precedent drive a coach and horses through it, you’d think. But I’ll ask my FOI expert friends in London. Maybe there are exemptions regarding legal judgements.

That said, I’m glad the LLDC have got something out of this “Magic Circle” law firm. Often they trade on their names and get away with shoddy work, doubtless prepared by junior staff. Good if they’ve lost a few
    mill as a result. And good the LLDC went after them. Lyn Garner, the CEO took over after the other guy David Nomark ( who libelled Steve Clarke and I in his complaint to the BBC) and I have always liked the cut of her jib. Different Mayor of course too. Whatever happened to the Mayor who presided over this pile of pooh?