Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

You know you're getting old when.

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2023
    T_C_E said:
    T_C_E said:
    Wishing I was 30 years younger and had better hearing, when my wife shouts from the bedroom “any chance of you putting that clock up today”  😳

Edit…. The clocks up!
    it took a while but it’s up 🤷‍♂️

7mm rotation to the left required. ;)
  • Options
    T_C_E said:
    T_C_E said:
    Wishing I was 30 years younger and had better hearing, when my wife shouts from the bedroom “any chance of you putting that clock up today”  😳

Edit…. The clocks up!

You know you’re getting old when it takes you 6 minutes from taking the picture to posting it on CL
  • Options
    T_C_E said:
    T_C_E said:

Edit…. The clocks up!

You've been busy putting up security cameras as well. ;-)
    I plugged mine into my living room tv in one of the HDMI slots. I seldom watch them, nothing ever new on them.
  • Options
    When, despite saying you wouldn’t, you check out I’m a Celebrity and the only “celebs” you recognise are Farage and Grace Dent!
  • Options
    Who's Grace Dent?
  • Options
    Stig said:
    Who's Grace Dent?

A food critic who's on those masterchef things. In different times, a wouldya candidate.
  • Options
    T_C_E said:
    T_C_E said:

Edit…. The clocks up!

You've been busy putting up security cameras as well. ;-)
    I plugged mine into my living room tv in one of the HDMI slots. I seldom watch them, nothing ever new on them.
    We monitor the dogs in the house and garden it’s nice to where they are and what they are up too, it would drive us mad connected to the tv. 
    I didn’t install them, the guy fitting the alarm did it for me. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    You finally bite the bullet and go for a hearing test. And then you're told you have a reverse slope. All downhill from now on  guess! 🤷 
  • Options
    lindos480 said:
    You finally bite the bullet and go for a hearing test. And then you're told you have a reverse slope. All downhill from now on  guess! 🤷 
    Depends on which way it’s sloping, surely. It could be all uphill from now on 
  • Options
    You completely forget that your team has an important fixture in the Bristol Street Motors Trophy and only when you log on to Charlton Life out of habit do you find out that they won 3-0.
  • Options
    You scroll through your old WhatsApp/text messages and are counting those that are no longer with us.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    You read that Jonny Wilkinson's World Cup winning drop kick happened 20 years ago today.
    Leicester away. Me and Curbit and loads of others on the train when we won 
  • Options
    I had to travel on a London bus today for the first time in more years than I care to remember. As I put my 30 pence in coins back in my pocket and tapped the contactless out I moved a few paces down as standing only was available.
    Then a harmonious bellow was heard from the drivers cabin area of All aboard....All aboard... which I felt compelled to reply with gusto "With the D..... D......"
    An eerie echoing silence ensued throughout as I quickly tried to suck the words back in. 
    It then dawned on me that I was quite possibly the eldest traveller on that splendid vehicle. 
    Those of a certain vintage with excessive nasal and ear hair will know the melodic phrase that I spouted. 

On a side note, it's true that Two Buses do come along at once as after going years without taking one I've got to take another tomorrow to North Greenwich thanks to the Train drivers strike so I can get to Guys at London Bridge. 

• Options
    You read that Jonny Wilkinson's World Cup winning drop kick happened 20 years ago today.
    Quality day that @Greenhithe

Can’t believe it was 20 years ago 
  • Options
    I had to travel on a London bus today for the first time in more years than I care to remember. As I put my 30 pence in coins back in my pocket and tapped the contactless out I moved a few paces down as standing only was available.
    Then a harmonious bellow was heard from the drivers cabin area of All aboard....All aboard... which I felt compelled to reply with gusto "With the D..... D......"
    An eerie echoing silence ensued throughout as I quickly tried to suck the words back in. 
    It then dawned on me that I was quite possibly the eldest traveller on that splendid vehicle. 
    Those of a certain vintage with excessive nasal and ear hair will know the melodic phrase that I spouted. 

On a side note, it's true that Two Buses do come along at once as after going years without taking one I've got to take another tomorrow to North Greenwich thanks to the Train drivers strike so I can get to Guys at London Bridge. 

I recently told my young grandaughter to, "Come on ya daft apeth" (she was holding up the flow in a crowded corridor).  It dawned on me a bit later that no one has said that since the ten bob note was around.

From Googling it seems the half penny left circulation in December 1984 ... even sadder the one to which I referred (pre-decimalisation) died in 1969  :|  
  • Options
    all the RIPs on here are my age ...
  • Options
    Quality day that @Greenhithe

Can’t believe it was 20 years ago 
    It sure was mate, met in the Euston Flyer and it was downhill from there. Funny enough i remember walking out with Dave Thompson and a few others after the game going back to the pub.  
  • Options
    Watching Downton Abbey for the high production values
  • Options
    Builder insisting that I had his seat on the Elizabeth line, first time it happened to me, then he told his mate to shift so my wife could sit down. Really nice of the bloke and frankly I needed a seat as I got a bad foot. But my wife was vert moody about it. Yes I did feel old but was thankful for such a kind gentleman.
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    You smash through your Xmas shopping at Bluewater then spend the whole journey home increasingly fearful you left all the bags in the car park and not in the boot. 
    at least you could remember your car park, and actually find the car, we have 3 cars in the household and I am always looking for the wrong one, and walking past the one I forgot we came in.