Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

You know you're getting old when.

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2023
    You're looking at a 240 year old watercolour painting of an old Woolwich scene with your Mum and realise she has been around for nearly 100 years of that timespan!

Sandby documented a lot of London in the 1780s. This one of Charlton too. 

Wow. Amazing to think - that could quite possibly be the East Terrace and the people are on where the pitch is now.

I'd say it's St Lukes at the top of the hill, the Thames  in the distance about where the O2 is and viewed from down Landsdowne lane where the newish flats are.
  • Options
    You know you're getting old when

............. you study old paintings down to the tiniest details.

Seriously though, that can't be The Thames in the distance; it doesn't look like a river. Nevertheless it does seem logical seeing as it's downhill.

Are we sure that this isn't a painting of a Charlton somewhere in the USA?😉
  • Options
    edited March 2023
  • Options
    Remembering whether you have taken your pills. 🥸
  • Options
    Thanks for the reminder, now where are they?
  • Options
    Does anyone remember apple-pie beds?
  • Options
    Do they have crusty sheets?
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    and covered in custard squirts
  • Options
    iaitch said:

And sound like you're sliding into a packet of cheese and onion crisps.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Solidgone said:
    I've found using a pill box helpful here.  If the tablets are missing they've been taken. This one £1-50 in Boots.

• Options
    I'm in that bloody club too.
  • Options
    Solidgone said:
    I've found using a pill box helpful here.  If the tablets are missing they've been taken. This one £1-50 in Boots.

I keep forgetting to purchase one 🥸
  • Options
    Got one today from boots Charlton. Well done @Raith_C_Chattonell
  • Options
    Christ, I've just bought myself a lawn scarifier and a new sprinkler for the hose rather than use the 20 year old cast off hand me downs I've had from the parents.

Aaarrrrrgggghhhh, I'm properly middle aged now!
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    If you were really old you would post pictures of them.

There again being old would you know how to?
  • Options
    goes off to google lawn scarifier
  • Options
    You know you're getting old when you aren't asked to provide proof that you are over 60 years old on entry to the Rare Breeds Centre
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    Christ, I've just bought myself a lawn scarifier and a new sprinkler for the hose rather than use the 20 year old cast off hand me downs I've had from the parents.

Aaarrrrrgggghhhh, I'm properly middle aged now!
    TBF I’m 36 and have been googling Lawn Scarifiers. My lawn is terrible. Doesn’t say much for me 😂
  • Options
    You have a freezing cold nose for 10 months of the year
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    You're looking at a 240 year old watercolour painting of an old Woolwich scene with your Mum and realise she has been around for nearly 100 years of that timespan!

Sandby documented a lot of London in the 1780s. This one of Charlton too. 

Wow. Amazing to think - that could quite possibly be the East Terrace and the people are on where the pitch is now.
    Far more Horse Shit on it these days. 
    Those were the days, going out after the horses of traders went by with a shovel and a bucket, to collect horse shit for my dads rhubarb. Needless to say, a long time after this picture was painted 🤣
    For the rhubarb or the roses.
  • Options
    I'm wondering how I made it into my seventies without a toaster that I could control with my phone...

And technology is rapidly getting the better of me.
  • Options
    limeygent said:
    I'm wondering how I made it into my seventies without a toaster that I could control with my phone...

As a 70th birthday present I bought us a coffee maker that can controlled by my mobile, read the instructions but still can’t find out how you can get the cup under without getting up out the chair to go into the kitchen? (no you can’t put it under during the day as it rinses itself prior to making a lovely cup of coffee.)
  • Options
    limeygent said:

As a 70th birthday present I bought us a coffee maker that can controlled by my mobile, read the instructions but still can’t find out how you can get the cup under without getting up out the chair to go into the kitchen? (no you can’t put it under during the day as it rinses itself prior to making a lovely cup of coffee.)
    You bought “us”, so you’re married? I think all us male old gits know the answer to that and would have bought HER a kettle 😉
  • Options
    limeygent said:

Ring the wife?
  • Options
    How did the judges score it?