Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

You know you're getting old when.

Comments

• Options
    iainment said:
    You’ve just had your first senior citizens haircut. ☹️
    You did not have to tell them your correct age, you should have said you were 55.
    I know, he asked and I just blurted my age out.
  • Options
    Realising that yesterday was the 60th anniversary of the death of my great grandfather and vividly recalling the news being broken to us at the time.
  • Options
    Woke up this morning and noticed these two flowers side by side on the pumpkin plant. 

Closer inspection revealed the one on the right to be male and the one on the left female.  I dutifully pollinated the female using the male and felt quite pleased with myself ... until it dawned on me that it is the only procreation action I get nowadays.  :/

pervert!
  • Options
    When you suddenly realise you weren’t born long after the 2nd World War but had always thought of it as being well before your lifetime 
  • Options
    You see a group of lads in the supermarket toiletries section discussing which is the best moisturiser. And then one says to another you’ve got fantastic skin.
  • Options
    Whew hen you book a special holiday for next year as a present for both of you to celebrate 45 years of marriage, a few months later you realise you will only have been married for 44 years😀😀.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Whew hen you book a special holiday for next year as a present for both of you to celebrate 45 years of marriage, a few months later you realise you will only have been married for 44 years😀😀.
    Pre planning. A wise move when you’re getting old! 🤔
  • Options

• Options
    You’re glad a game goes to penalties, but you do worry how the extra 20 mins are going to impact on your tiredness levels tomorrow! 
    You’re not really old. If you are you just think I’ll get up a bit later for my day of just pootling about. (Retirement blues no way!)
  • Options
    iainment said:
    You see a group of lads in the supermarket toiletries section discussing which is the best moisturiser. And then one says to another you’ve got fantastic skin.
    I had this discussion at a work gathering with a number of men of varying ages at an event pre covid. I looked on amazed as each went into great detail of their skin care routines and how much they spent on skin products.

I was called soap and water for quite a while afterwards, and realised I am totally out of touch with today’s younger generation! 
  • Options
    You’re glad a game goes to penalties, but you do worry how the extra 20 mins are going to impact on your tiredness levels tomorrow! 
    That extra time was well past my bed time
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    _MrDick said:
    That extra time was well past my bed time
    I fell asleep in front of the tv sometime before the penalties started…tbf, I’m not sure I can claim that to be down to age, everybody I spoke to yesterday was tired and exhausted 
  • Options
    When having to be told what a "meet me at McDonald's" hairstyle is because I have no idea, and then saying "oh it's like the Jesus and Mary chain" and then having to explain who they are.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    McBobbin said:
    When having to be told what a "meet me at McDonald's" hairstyle is because I have no idea, and then saying "oh it's like the Jesus and Mary chain" and then having to explain who they are.
    you're going to have to explain that mate, haven't got a clue what any of that means
  • Options
    You go to Camden with a couple of mates, find a pub to eat in, order a coffee then sit there complaining about your aches/pains and failing eyesight/hearing.

It didn't seem that long ago that we'd have been looking for a place where we could get away with smoking a joint.
  • Options
    My daughter on hearing James’ new song said that they sounded like a Killers’ cover band. 
  • Options
    My daughter on hearing James’ new song said that they sounded like a Killers’ cover band. 
    James who? 🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    T_C_E said:
    James who? 🤷‍♂️
    On this thread, probably the second, but it could be the first…
  • Options
    McBobbin said:
    you're going to have to explain that mate, haven't got a clue what any of that means

The Jesus and Mary Chain were once a popular rhythm combo. ask Jeeves about them, grandad ;)
  • Options
    McBobbin said:
    McBobbin said:

The Jesus and Mary Chain were once a popular rhythm combo. ask Jeeves about them, grandad ;)
    just googled them and it's all good as they were formed the year I was born so I'm too young rather than too old
  • Options
    (they are really good... so much better than this modern rubbish)
  • Options
    Well you see the scaffold 9 stories high and think fuck it ill Google earth that one.