Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

You know you're getting old when.

Comments

• Options
    U spend 20 minutes walking round and round the car park outside John Lewis trying to find your car then realise there’s an identical car park the other side - and then  u remember you’ve made the same mistake before!!!!!
  • Options
    You try the How many of these defunct grounds have you been to? thread....

And you can't really remember whether you went to some of them or not.
  • Options
    Jessie said:
    Yesssssssss! I passed it! Now I know this forum definitely brought luck to me. :D 

Now onto the training of the next setion and will take the test a few weeks later. 

Lucky penalty in the 94th minute?

We done, Jessie!
  • Options
    Jessie said:
    The Chinese driving test is so ridiculous, can't you just pay a bribe and avoid all this hassle like everyone else. :wink:
    Haha.... that indeed was what was happening in the old days (maybe in the 90's), especially in those remote areas. 

Nowadays it can't be done like that in most places. And the rules are extremely strict in my city. Everyone says you need good luck to pass this ridiculous test!!
    It's 100% still possible in Kunming, lucky foreigners don't need to do the test :D
  • Options
    Jessie said:
    The Chinese driving test is so ridiculous, can't you just pay a bribe and avoid all this hassle like everyone else. :wink:
    Haha.... that indeed was what was happening in the old days (maybe in the 90's), especially in those remote areas. 

Nowadays it can't be done like that in most places. And the rules are extremely strict in my city. Everyone says you need good luck to pass this ridiculous test!!
    It's 100% still possible in Kunming, lucky foreigners don't need to do the test :D
    I so envy you! I didn't know the test was so difficult these days and it's been an absolute torture. I've lost much sleep because of it in the past few months. It's troublesome as when you fail you have to skip work to do more training and this affects my work to some extent. It's best to take it before starting to work as college students have much more free time.
  • Options
    Jessie said:
    Yesssssssss! I passed it! Now I know this forum definitely brought luck to me. :D 

Now onto the training of the next setion and will take the test a few weeks later. 

Well done Jessie.
  • Options
    Congratulations @Jessie
  • Options
    Well done @Jessie. I'm a good 15 years older than you and I still can't drive. Luckily living in London I don't really need to though.
  • Options
    When you meet up with the Greater London Council technician intake after 50 years and reminiscing about all the antics we got up to which would never be allowed today.

When you see GLC and think LCC....
  • Options
    When you get in the car and scroll through the music on your phone and settle for The Best of Andy Williams! 
    Never done this before in my life!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    When climbing into your trousers is hazardous.
  • Options
    When you think you can remember Charlton bearing the spanners, but you’re not too sure.
  • Options
    When you see these old people, then find out they're ten years younger than you are.
  • Options
    When you get in the car and scroll through the music on your phone and settle for The Best of Andy Williams! 
    Never done this before in my life!
    I'll never be THAT old!
  • Options
    When you haven’t a clue which light bulbs to buy and when you have it’s come to £25.for light bulbs 🤨

And not only are the fucking things not bright enough, they last about 3 hours before needing replacing.
  • Options
    When names from the past that you'd expect to have forgotten pop into your head.

We had a quiz last night. One of the answers was Troy McClure,  but for some reason the name in my head was Troy Tate. I don't even know anyone with that name, so I googled it. It turns out he was in Teardrop Explodes and Fashion (both bands I like). Never knew I knew of him.
  • Options
    When you suddenly realise that millennium night was 20 years ago... and then you worry that you might not have finished doing all the apologies you need to!
  • Options
    Watching Jools last night I casually enquired if the performer was Ragamuffin man.  My son said, 'Do you mean Rag 'n' bone man?'.  'Yeah, that 'im' I said.  'No it ain't,' replied my son.  Turned out he was some other random big geezer.

Sometimes when I speak I hear my dear departed dad's voice.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    You find episodes of Count Arthur Strong funny.
  • Options
    When you watch Six episodes of Mortimer and Whitehead gone fishing back to back, with obligatory Tea and Hobnobs. 
  • Options
    The delivery driver carries two boxes with relative ease and I struggle to lift one.
  • Options
    T_C_E said:
    Out walking with my dogs 3 Females of the species standing chatting on the foot path. "Excuse me Ladies, may I get past" with that the reply came back "Ladies, cheeky git" Is Ladies no longer a PC term? Confused old bloke.... @DaveMehmet response is not required. ;)

In the Anchor pre match, and some bloke was lord mayoring in front of the Barmaid, his mate told him to watch his language in front of a lady, to which the she replyed "I ain't no lady",

• Options
    When the typeface is too small and you take your specs off thinking they are your distance glasses and realise they are your reading glasses 
  • Options
    Is she still a would ya?
  • Options
    You have a quick Google to see what Holly Willoughby's mum looks like.
  • Options
    When you literally have no idea what even other Lifers are talking about any more:

Gender Reveals - ffs get over yourselves, you're having a baby, stop acting as if you're the first to ever do it...  
    Period parties.