Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How do the fans get behind the Varney initative?

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2015

If the email trail is correct, and I have no reason to think it's made up or amended, it is schockingly poor corporate communication. To cancel a meeting you have said you want once the day before is rude but happens. Three times?

Just say you aren't interested right now. That's what real CEOs do.

fixed
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:

@rikofold said:-

"Prague's replied, but just to add that we have a chance as a board in the next few days to consider the current situation together, particularly in light of the Varney revelations. We check where we are very regularly but until we conclude there's nothing to be gained from our current focus...but part of our deliberations will be whether there are any signs she's doing to us what she did to Varney. Airman shed light on the Target 20k thing today, and we perhaps generously issued a yellow card.

Still, the crowd today made their feelings brilliantly clear, and I wouldn't have wanted to be in the ground if I was the CEO when the crowd stood up chanting at her."

As a Trust member, and given the deteriorating footballing situation and the PV information, I'd very much like the CAST board to have invited member feedback for your deliberations. I believe you or others from CAST have done so on this forum but I can't recall you asking for feedback via the weekly updates we get?
    I appreciate it would be a little like trying to catch custard as the results and other information will always create something of a moving feast but I'd think your considerations and actions would be better aided by getting a good as feel as possible for where members currently stand?

On here I several times announced that @rikofold and I would be in the White Swan today so anyone could come up and give us their thoughts. We only encountered @Davo55 ( whose views we already knew well, but it was still so much better to TALK) and @Covered End . I'm not extrovert enough to go round the pub bellowing my presence, but I did walk all through it, and out to the garden, trying to catch people's eye, and all I got was hostile stares that seemed to focus on my black and white scarf mustard yellow gilet

:-)

Fixed that for you

The gilet has been abolished. It's going to the local Sue Ryder shop, where it will doubtless be picked up by somebody young enough to wear orange label Boss...

• Options

Load of bo****ks...just a headline for VOTV....how would such a deal get leaked

It was leaked by the person offering it.

The unanswered questions are:

1. Was it a take over?

2. Has it been revealed now to put pressure on RD to come to the table.

3. Or has it been leaked now because the deal is now dead and the aim is to embarrass KM and RM?

I don't know the answer to any of the three.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Load of bo****ks...just a headline for VOTV....how would such a deal get leaked

Because the man leading "the deal", Peter Varney, wrote a couple of pages and then over the next two pages reproduced all of the emails related to the fiasco.
  • Options
    edited December 2015

Fumbluff said:

@rikofold said:-

"Prague's replied, but just to add that we have a chance as a board in the next few days to consider the current situation together, particularly in light of the Varney revelations. We check where we are very regularly but until we conclude there's nothing to be gained from our current focus...but part of our deliberations will be whether there are any signs she's doing to us what she did to Varney. Airman shed light on the Target 20k thing today, and we perhaps generously issued a yellow card.

Still, the crowd today made their feelings brilliantly clear, and I wouldn't have wanted to be in the ground if I was the CEO when the crowd stood up chanting at her."

As a Trust member, and given the deteriorating footballing situation and the PV information, I'd very much like the CAST board to have invited member feedback for your deliberations. I believe you or others from CAST have done so on this forum but I can't recall you asking for feedback via the weekly updates we get?
    I appreciate it would be a little like trying to catch custard as the results and other information will always create something of a moving feast but I'd think your considerations and actions would be better aided by getting a good as feel as possible for where members currently stand?

On here I several times announced that @rikofold and I would be in the White Swan today so anyone could come up and give us their thoughts. We only encountered @Davo55 ( whose views we already knew well, but it was still so much better to TALK) and @Covered End . I'm not extrovert enough to go round the pub bellowing my presence, but I did walk all through it, and out to the garden, trying to catch people's eye, and all I got was hostile stares that seemed to focus on my black and white scarf mustard yellow gilet

Fixed that for you

The gilet has been abolished. It's going to the local Sue Ryder shop, where it will doubtless be picked up by somebody young enough to wear orange label Boss...

And I'll bet you 10p there were none of @Henry Irvings cardigans in there!!

• Options
    LoOkOuT said:

Err... sometimes you have to look closer to home. I managed to read it, as did many others, clearly. You and Off_it could not. But instead of showing a bit of patience, and humility, it has to be a conspiracy that we're all putting on just to keep you two from being in the know!

It's a bit of a creche on here at times.

Let's be clear here. I asked what the "initiative" was and was met with "buy yourself a copy" which is a bit hard to do on a bank holiday evening. I was only after the gist of it.

But then someone posted up the email chain, which i then read.

You seem to want to be on my case today for some reason. Which is fine by me, I have a thick skin. But at least have the courtesy to get the facts right.
  • Options
    Just going through the emails again and one piece stands out which I find very intriguing.

If you read PV email to KM dated Nov 9th he states that he has an alternative option that can be progressed.

I wonder what he means by that? A different option for investment in CAFC or an investment in another company??
  • Options

I agree with Off It.

Could someone not scan that page properly? That photo of it is very difficult to read. I've managed to get it the right way up but the magnification makes it blurry.

It's like a private club on here sometimes. 'Buy your own copy or f-off' attitude. Maybe the Doshitalot way is rubbing off on our fans.

Thanks to Large for at least explaining part of it.

Bloody hell, nobody has asked @Airman Brown if it's ok to splurge his work all over the net so that all of you can read everything at the same time as the rest of us, who pay for it.

I know that this is the age of kids who think everything can be stolen on the web, but most of you are not kids, are you?

And dont play the "I live in Greenland" card either. Its a magazine. It doesn't materialize out of thin air. Pay up.

Indeed - I just paid up for mine via PayPal.

However, that being said, I do wonder if Rick - for whom I have enormous respect and gratitude - may need to have a more dynamic online presence in order to have more of an impact on the current situation.

There is no doubt that with his impeccable contacts and forensic knowledge of the club that Rick has the ability to play a pivotal role in framing and shaping the current debate.

A proper online VOTV - similar to the sort of thing that Andrew Sullivan used to do with the Daily Dish - could be a very powerful agent for change and in rallying the supporter base in a cogent and unified manner - I would certainly be willing to pay for such a publication.

Things have changed since the epic role VOTV played from 88-92 in getting us back to The Valley, the media world moves much faster so a more modern online presence is probably needed.
    I think he's very aware of this, but online content has the problem: how do you persuade people to pay for it? Look at this thread...if you have a business model that you think could work for him, I'm sure Airman would be pleased to hear from you. Actually I have a mate in Prague with a similar problem, so I'd be interested too.

• Options
    When I read the email chain it said this:

A) I used to run Charlton
    B) I have great big money Kuwaiti backers going to transform an area down the river but not that far from where you are in the grand scheme of things
    C) read between the lines we'd like a football club on our development, we'd like it to be you
    D) if it's not you we will have to look elsewhere which is a shame for us/maybe you but given your level of engagement is likely now where we are at
  • Options
    rikofold said:

WSS said:

Well I hope it is/will be.

This isn't a "I'm not speaking for the Trust" thing. If you speak on this forum and part of the Trust board (because you promote and talk about it) you're speaking for the Trust from my point of view.

There may be CL members other than Prague, Rikofold, Weegies(?) and Pico who are on the Board but I won't recognise it as its not promoted.

@PragueAddick - what are you're views on the Varney column in the VOTV?

Are you speaking for your company on here then? I'm only ever talking for myself unless I make clear I'm talking on behalf of the board, just to be clear.

Prague's replied, but just to add that we have a chance as a board in the next few days to consider the current situation together, particularly in light of the Varney revelations. We check where we are very regularly but until we conclude there's nothing to be gained from our current focus...but part of our deliberations will be whether there are any signs she's doing to us what she did to Varney. Airman shed light on the Target 20k thing today, and we perhaps generously issued a yellow card.

Still, the crowd today made their feelings brilliantly clear, and I wouldn't have wanted to be in the ground if I was the CEO when the crowd stood up chanting at her.
    But why didn't we keep it up ? It was a couple of chants & that was it :-( A few of us tried to keep it going but nobody was bothered :-(
  • Options

Off_it said:

LoOkOuT said:

Err... sometimes you have to look closer to home. I managed to read it, as did many others, clearly. You and Off_it could not. But instead of showing a bit of patience, and humility, it has to be a conspiracy that we're all putting on just to keep you two from being in the know!

Let's be clear here. I asked what the "initiative" was and was met with "buy yourself a copy" which is a bit hard to do on a bank holiday evening. I was only after the gist of it.

You seem to want to be on my case today for some reason. Which is fine by me, I have a thick skin. But at least have the courtesy to get the facts right.
    I seem to remember you making a post about why you don't come on here that much anymore because you read threads that have petty arguments on.

Interesting, because you've been looking for one since you signed in.

"So is anyone going to summarise this article then? Or is it one of those clique things?" was your first post on the subject. You were deliberately being antagonistic and difficult.

Shame about those petty guys spoiling the forum though.
    The "clique" comment was tongue in cheek, everyone that's been on here a while will know that.

But hey, whatever mate, nothing to see here. I ain't rising to it.

Happy New Year to all.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Off_it said:

Off_it said:

LoOkOuT said:

I seem to remember you making a post about why you don't come on here that much anymore because you read threads that have petty arguments on.

Interesting, because you've been looking for one since you signed in.

"So is anyone going to summarise this article then? Or is it one of those clique things?" was your first post on the subject. You were deliberately being antagonistic and difficult.

Shame about those petty guys spoiling the forum though.
    The "clique" comment was tongue in cheek, everyone that's been on here a while will know that.

But hey, whatever mate, nothing to see here. I ain't rising to it.

Happy New Year to all.
    Fair play.

Just felt you were looking for this one from the start.

No biggie.
  • Options

When I read the email chain it said this:

A) I used to run Charlton
    B) I have great big money Kuwaiti backers going to transform an area down the river but not that far from where you are in the grand scheme of things
    C) read between the lines we'd like a football club on our development, we'd like it to be you
    D) if it's not you we will have to look elsewhere which is a shame for us/maybe you but given your level of engagement is likely now where we are at

To me it also said " I've forgotten more about Charlton and its fans, than you'll ever know" ;)

• Options
    Oh bollocks done the Emoji thing with the lettered bullets again. Must use numbered bullets.

Anyway, RD/KM should not have accepted meetings if they weren't interested in attending them. A polite 'thank you for your interest, we are not currently interested in an external investment that involves a relocation from the Valley. We are currently focuses on delivering our existing plan. However, things do change and if you could indicate when you would need to make any decision by, that would be helpful in scheduling a later meeting should matters change for us.'

That would be better.
  • Options
    What's the relocation away from the valley stuff about?
  • Options
    Out of interest, does the article state why or how Murray was an obstacle to proceedings?
  • Options

Out of interest, does the article state why or how Murray was an obstacle to proceedings?

No, it was simply an email trail showing the current CEO's lack of professionalism and courtesy.
  • Options
    Would people be willing to move away from the valley, new stadium by the peninsular if it meant rd and co were out and we had this Varney and Kuwaiti backed investment?