Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How do the fans get behind the Varney initative?

Comments

• Options
    WSS said:

Well I hope it is/will be.

This isn't a "I'm not speaking for the Trust" thing. If you speak on this forum and part of the Trust board (because you promote and talk about it) you're speaking for the Trust from my point of view.

There may be CL members other than Prague, Rikofold, Weegies(?) and Pico who are on the Board but I won't recognise it as its not promoted.

@PragueAddick - what are you're views on the Varney column in the VOTV?

Are you speaking for your company on here then? I'm only ever talking for myself unless I make clear I'm talking on behalf of the board, just to be clear.

Prague's replied, but just to add that we have a chance as a board in the next few days to consider the current situation together, particularly in light of the Varney revelations. We check where we are very regularly but until we conclude there's nothing to be gained from our current focus...but part of our deliberations will be whether there are any signs she's doing to us what she did to Varney. Airman shed light on the Target 20k thing today, and we perhaps generously issued a yellow card.

Still, the crowd today made their feelings brilliantly clear, and I wouldn't have wanted to be in the ground if I was the CEO when the crowd stood up chanting at her.
  • Options
    IdleHans said:

If the club continues on this trajectory, the only crumb of comfort will be that Roland will have lost his investment, and his plan for the reshaping of football will be nothing but a smoking ruin, with CAFC the innocent victim. Perhaps only then will those represented by PV find themselves able to conduct a dialogue with those running CAFC, i.e. the administrator.

I appreciate that Ms Meire has assured us that Roland doesnt do failure, but neither am I sure that a headlong plunge towards relegation with falling attendances is what success looks like. I would like to understand what the current regime would consider to be failure. If this isn't it, I'm not surprised Roland doesn't do it, as there's clearly no such thing.

Well definitely not the managers, they've all been a roaring success.
  • Options

The swanscombe peninsula is the other side of the m25 down the A2. Who wants to travel down there instead of to the Valley?

I do!
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited December 2015
    Fair enough. Seemingly factual then based on yours and others comments.

Haven't got a clue who Steve Clarke is (my naivety) - hope he is doing stuff in the background though to the benefit of the club.

Apologies if your relationship is no more so than that of a journo who simply asks for a quote or an opinion now and again. That's me reading things the wrong way.

We all want the same thing though and rht is for the club to be run if a different way - that includes RM who seemingly is acting like nothing more than one of those creepy talking sea bass that hangs on the wall of an amateur executives' office and sings now and again.
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Thanks for posting up the picture, but it just seems like an email chain trying to arrange a meeting that never actually got arranged.

What's the "Varney initiative"? Anyone? Or shall I just give up asking?

It's an email chain showing that KM and RD don't want to enter into dialogue with someone representing a group willing to inject significant investment. The two previous pages would have helped explain this.

As to the Varney Initiative, ask the OP as he started it.

• Options
    edited December 2015
    If RD & co are not interested into entering discussions with willing investors it would then ask the question of why would they be willing to enter into discussions with the trust?
  • Options
    Protest, Protest, Protest.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    @rikofold said:-

"Prague's replied, but just to add that we have a chance as a board in the next few days to consider the current situation together, particularly in light of the Varney revelations. We check where we are very regularly but until we conclude there's nothing to be gained from our current focus...but part of our deliberations will be whether there are any signs she's doing to us what she did to Varney. Airman shed light on the Target 20k thing today, and we perhaps generously issued a yellow card.

Still, the crowd today made their feelings brilliantly clear, and I wouldn't have wanted to be in the ground if I was the CEO when the crowd stood up chanting at her."

As a Trust member, and given the deteriorating footballing situation and the PV information, I'd very much like the CAST board to have invited member feedback for your deliberations. I believe you or others from CAST have done so on this forum but I can't recall you asking for feedback via the weekly updates we get?
    I appreciate it would be a little like trying to catch custard as the results and other information will always create something of a moving feast but I'd think your considerations and actions would be better aided by getting a good as feel as possible for where members currently stand?
  • Options
    edited December 2015

@rikofold said:-

"Prague's replied, but just to add that we have a chance as a board in the next few days to consider the current situation together, particularly in light of the Varney revelations. We check where we are very regularly but until we conclude there's nothing to be gained from our current focus...but part of our deliberations will be whether there are any signs she's doing to us what she did to Varney. Airman shed light on the Target 20k thing today, and we perhaps generously issued a yellow card.

Still, the crowd today made their feelings brilliantly clear, and I wouldn't have wanted to be in the ground if I was the CEO when the crowd stood up chanting at her."

As a Trust member, and given the deteriorating footballing situation and the PV information, I'd very much like the CAST board to have invited member feedback for your deliberations. I believe you or others from CAST have done so on this forum but I can't recall you asking for feedback via the weekly updates we get?
    I appreciate it would be a little like trying to catch custard as the results and other information will always create something of a moving feast but I'd think your considerations and actions would be better aided by getting a good as feel as possible for where members currently stand?

Damned if we do, etc. The best way would be a survey, but many feel we have had too many, and they take time to process.

I think we have said several times we'd welcome feedback through the website.

On here I several times announced that @rikofold and I would be in the White Swan today so anyone could come up and give us their thoughts. We only encountered @Davo55 ( whose views we already knew well, but it was still so much better to TALK) and @Covered End . I'm not extrovert enough to go round the pub bellowing my presence, but I did walk all through it, and out to the garden, trying to catch people's eye, and all I got was hostile stares that seemed to focus on my black and white scarf.

:-)

We try to be as accessible as possible, but we are all just volunteers, with all the usual stuff of life to deal with. Just drop us a line. We perceive that many people who previously in the survey told us to continue to seek dialogue, now think it's time to give up, and join protest. But with what goal? Where do you stand?
  • Options
    Having just read that transcript I feel mightily pissed off. This being in the public domain is very harmful to the club and will ramp up ill feeling.

It can go one of two ways -
    1- Roland gets the arse and cashes in with Varney and co
    2- Roland and Katrien get a siege mentality and continue to ignore the haters while their seemingly evil plan continues to unfold

I know what I wouldrather
  • Options
    Was what's this all about please ?
  • Options

Read the thread.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It doesn't say just a picture of vote that I can't read
  • Options
    Its an interesting development, but I haven't seen any detail of what the investment might have been, until then can't really get behind it.
  • Options
    Fuckin great
  • Options

You have to be in the club to know. You might find out by Wednesday, apparently.

Fucking unbelievable attitude some people have got. But I can't say I'm surprised.
  • Options
    From what I can make out the 'Varney initiative' is a nothing story to aid selling a few more copies of VOTV.

Good effort and nice interview though..
  • Options
    these owners don't give a flying fcuk about anyone ,whoever they are
  • Options

Right please tell me what this is all about, what is the Varney initiative ? Today was my tipping point, Roland is killing us.

Welcome to the dark side young Steve.

PV said that

"Back in August I was in a position to introduce an investor to Charlton with a deal that, I believe, have been good for the current owner, and good for the club".

PV then produces a series of verbatim emails where KM repeatedly delays responding (34 days for the first response, 31 days for another) and three times cancels meetings at short notice.

The nature of the investment isn't clear and the person isn't named.
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    Forgive my ignorance here, but the email just mentions "an interesting investment opportunity". Doesn't say what, or indeed who would be investing in who.

• Options
    they're such oddballs and rude are we sure they're not Russian