Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bristol City v Charlton Athletic 26th December 2015. Boxing Day Match Thread.

Comments

• Teams out.

When the Red Red Robin
    Goes bob bob bobbin’
    Along, along,
    There’ll be no more sobbin’
    As he keeps throbbin’
    His old, sweet song,
    Wake up! Wake up, you sleepy head.
    Get up! Get up get out of bed.
    Cheer up! Cheer up, the sun is red.
    Live, love, laugh and be happy!

What if I feel blue?
    I’ll go walking through
    Fields of flowers.
    Rain may glisten, but still I listen
    For hours, and hours.
    I’m like a kid again,
    Doing what I did again,
    Singing this song,
    When the Red Red Robin
    Goes bob bob bobbin’ along!
  • Full house for the home seats.
  • I'm here. The teams are being read out.
  • Thanks, Seth.

Sadly, for the 2nd away game in a row, the Fanackapans are sidelined too.

I've been very under the weather for the past week or more and feel a visit to the GP is on the cards soon.

So, a really quiet Xmas here & hoping that events from Bristol will cheer me up this afternoon.

x

Get well, Fanny, CAFC needs you.
  • Like the line up
  • We are in all purple, or deep purple, or deep doo doo.
  • Peter_G said:

That team is bonkers. Would love to be proven wrong at full time but it stinks of a manager who doesn't have a bloody clue.

In fairness, he doesn't have much of a squad to work with does he? Given the paucity of the squad to begin with and the number of sicknotes we're carrying, I don't know if I could have picked a better line up today.
    Lots of options that don't involve picking all you strikers.
  • We are attacking left to right, towards our own fans first half.
  • City to get us underway then.

And it goes to the right with Ayling down the line, bypasses everyone, Diarra ushers it out of play for a GK.
  • Adam Baker is the Bristol City expert. their head of communications.
  • Sponsored links:

• We are going to win, brizzle are naff.

Come on Fraeye, show us you got some stuff. Show us you are competent.

COYR
  • Hendo up to Makienok, but not deep enough and Marlon Pack cuts it out. Lennon clears, Makienok to flick but it's ushered back to the keeper Fielding by Flint. Solly heads his kick, before Bryan can get there, their throw.
  • News needs to be clear today
  • hendo plays long, city win header over mac, and back to their keeper, long and solly out for a throw
    we break now with lookman
    to reza, shoot and saved
  • Lennon clears to Cousins, Lookman cuts into the centre circle, Vaz Te to Reza, penalty area, shoots straight at Fielding.
  • 8 hours ahead here and always stay up for the match thread but seeing that suicide note of a team I'm off to bed. Nitey nite and good luck.
  • Our midfield looks weak, but what else do we have? Ba is uninspiring, with playing Sarr at the back to push Diarra into midfield is unappealing as well

Put Homes Dennis left side and Charles Cook right side.
  • Solly to throw down the line halfway in our half, up to Makienok, header won by Baker, out for ours on halfway.
  • Our throw on half way
    to Mackie
    and now a city throw
  • Sponsored links:

• Again lined to Makienok, Baker - ball does the work but there's no room for Makienok and it's their throw. Nathan Baker to take; Diarra wins from Wilbraham and they carry on with an attack down our right - but Kodjia was off too early, offside, our fk.
  • The cynic in me says that line up is to give lookman as much support as necessary.
  • they comment on Simons height, and now we defend, repel their attack
    but we break with vaz te on the left
    keep ball, lennon and lookman
    rexa
    we build patiently
    reza goes down
    and he gets up and impeded ailing of city
  • Makienok but Aden Flint reads, Diarra out from Kodjia - Bryan on it, chipped in after Solly but back to Bryan from the block, back to Baker who's inside to Pack, poor ball and Vaz Te picks it up - tracked so Jacko is behind him, used eventually. Out left, back to Vaz Te who is square of him, we go back to Lennon and forward to Lookman who turns - turns Wilbraham, finds Reza, out left is Vaz Te, Fox outside, small to Lookman, back to Vaz Te then Reza, can't beat the man and Ayling to clear - Reza fouls him, their FK edge of their area.
  • Freeman for them, on the left attended by solly
    we get it and lose it
    city play it up
    options for them
    on the right against fox
    cross, and a header just over
  • Diarra covers Kodjia but he keeps it edge of area, ball in box Lennon cuts out and Jacko clears. Pack, Ayling in support with Reza in attendance, Jacko forces back, al the way back to Fielding, then Flint. Pack inside but goes forward - Smith back to Baker, out to Bryan wide, Solly covers and blocks, Lookman goes for Bryan twice, tries to find Makienok but doesn't. Ailing to Freeman, turns Cousins but not really, Smith out right and Fox in attendance, ball in, Kodjia heads ahead of Diarra, over the bar.
  • Bristol attack and win a corner.
  • Makienok wins it from a goal kick but Baker to Kodjia, past the offside but Diarra was able to cover and block. Long balls are causing us problems.
  • crowd up for this Bristol corner
    our defence were all over the place
    in it comes, headed by simon but it comes back, solly to vaz te who bottled it, city attack
    we crowd the defence
    and we win a defensive throw
  • Corner on our left - far side as we look/imagine. Pack right-footed... penalty spot but Mak away and Lookman completes. Back in the area, Solly clears, Vaz Te challenges, Wilbraham wins though, Freeman takes on Solly... Ball in to Wilbraham edge of area, out to Smith then Freeman, cleared by Solly though.