Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bristol City v Charlton Athletic 26th December 2015. Boxing Day Match Thread.

Comments

• That team is bonkers. Would love to be proven wrong at full time but it stinks of a manager who doesn't have a bloody clue.

In fairness, he doesn't have much of a squad to work with does he? Given the paucity of the squad to begin with and the number of sicknotes we're carrying, I don't know if I could have picked a better line up today.
  • edited December 2015
    Numerically, this does not look good. Mak will be up against three center backs, maybe only two when Reza joins in but he might get lost in between the lines. In midfield, we have 3 vs. 2. JJ and Cousins are not good enough to play in a two man central midfield. Last week they were overrun by 4-4-2, though to be fair Burnley have far better midfielders than Bristol. Neither Lookie nor Vaz Te will tuck in, so it will either be Reza dropping back or the fullbacks tucking in. Then we have two center forwards up against our two center backs.

Best hope, in my mind, will be having Lookie and RVT pinning to wing backs back so that our FBs can tuck in, but even then, with our organization. I have a bad feeling about this....

All of that said, I can't say there are many other options for this side.
  • That team is bonkers. Would love to be proven wrong at full time but it stinks of a manager who doesn't have a bloody clue.

Well, what should we expect from a poor manager from the Belgian 3rd division, eh?

Oh, erm, just realised I don't know the answer to that myself, as I don't really know anything about that particular league...

...I NEVER BLOODY THOUGHT I'D HAVE TO!

God I hope I'm wrong but I've no hope for today whatsoever.
  • Can't defend for shit, constantly out muscled in midfield. What does he do? 4 strikers. Absolutely clueless mug. No wonder he couldn't win any games in the Belgium Pub League.

• Can't defend for shit, constantly out muscled in midfield. What does he do? 4 strikers. Absolutely clueless mug. No wonder he couldn't win any games in the Belgium Pub League.

sacked in the morning....................................with any luck!
  • Today's match thread updates will be Seth from the Bristol City coverage, and PaddyP17 from the Charlton coverage.
    For my part apologies in advance for slowness, typos and other clumsiness, and I hope lagging doesn't spoil things.
  • Steve Cotteril was very specific and detailed that Lookman has to be dealt with, he is well aware of the lad, who he describes as our best player.
  • Afternoon all.
  • We lose this and I cannot possibly see how KF could stay on as "interim". Every cloud and all that....
  • Sponsored links:

• seth plum said:

Steve Cotteril was very specific and detailed that Lookman has to be dealt with, he is well aware of the lad, who he describes as our best player.

That's because he's a good manager.
  • seth plum said:

Steve Cotteril was very specific and detailed that Lookman has to be dealt with, he is well aware of the lad, who he describes as our best player.

That's because he's a good manager.
    He can't be that good. Bristol are almost as shit as us right now!
  • According to Bristol programme, they are playing 3-2-3-2 and we are playing 4-2-3-1, they know before us
  • Afternoon all.

Come on Charlton, give us a present, something to cheer about. Please, please, please.

Hope everyone had a good day yesterday.

Will try and keep up to date as much as possible with the match thread and try and chuck in an earphone to listen in but I'm with my girlfriends family so may prove difficult!

Well done to the lads and lasses who made the trip.

Thanks in advance to Paddy and Seth.

COYR!!
  • ross1 said:

According to Bristol programme, they are playing 3-2-3-2 and we are playing 4-2-3-1, they know before us

Bringing back the old WM from the '30s. Progressive.

As for Cotteril being a good manager, I've heard supporters of his former clubs say otherwise. Not terrible mind, but I don't know that he's that good.
  • Currently at Dean Crt for the Palace game but keeping an eye on this and hopefully our lot can give us some Christmas cheer!

KF has certainly thrown the kitchen sink in forwards wise but puts a lot of responsibility on our midfield to put a shift in.
  • So Bauer picked up an abdominal injury against Burnley ?? So did I......... Was sick to my stomach!!!!!
  • cfgs said:

It is the season of joy and merry making. So today I am banning myself from all things Charlton, my kids don't deserve a miserable, ranting Dad today.

Well done for avoiding any Charlton-related match threads then!
  • 4 strikers away from home in a crucial game when we are in the relegation zone staring at League 1 football?

And the 1 man midfield has proven to be disastrous up to now so why not try it just one more time?

It has to work eventually by the law of averages .

Top class coaching if you think about it for long enough...
  • Sponsored links:

• Just as Addickted, I am also expecting company so may not be able to contribute
  • I forgot to say what Addickted2TheReds reminds us all of, and that is respect to the nutcases who have schlepped to Ashton Gate.
  • seth plum said:

I forgot to say what Addickted2TheReds reminds us all of, and that is respect to the nutcases who have schlepped to Ashton Gate.

Great use of the word "Schlepped"
  • Their commentator has singled out Lookman, and Henderson who has played for city.
  • ross1 said:

Just as Addickted, I am also expecting company so may not be able to contribute

Vincent not playing today, then?
  • LOL at that team - think it's just going to be the odd look on here this afternoon rather than watch another 4-0 unfold.

That said, what else could Carol do? The lack of depth in this squad is laughable.
  • Our midfield looks weak, but what else do we have? Ba is uninspiring, with playing Sarr at the back to push Diarra into midfield is unappealing as well
  • edited December 2015
    Do we know how many made the trip? Could be more on here than at the game mind you it is time for the family and who could blame all but the hardy few from marking the effort. COYRs.
  • Like for like.