Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Riga sacked by Metz

12346»

Comments

• Rob62 said:

Meire was a massive fan of Riga and no matter how it has been spun later she was absolutely gutted when Roland didn't keep him on and hired Peeters. Like most on here there are plenty of other people I'd rather see in charge, but under the current ownership I feel this is likely the best option available. What a shit state of affairs this whole thing is.

I remember chatting to her a fee days after the Watford game that kept us up.

She clearly liked Riga, commented on how calm he was and spoke as if it was a given that he would stay.

Which only makes what happened next more bizarre.
    Especially as Bob Peeters WASN'T part of his network
  • Rob62 said:

Meire was a massive fan of Riga and no matter how it has been spun later she was absolutely gutted when Roland didn't keep him on and hired Peeters. Like most on here there are plenty of other people I'd rather see in charge, but under the current ownership I feel this is likely the best option available. What a shit state of affairs this whole thing is.

I remember chatting to her a fee days after the Watford game that kept us up.

She clearly liked Riga, commented on how calm he was and spoke as if it was a given that he would stay.

Which only makes what happened next more bizarre.
    Especially as Bob Peeters WASN'T part of his network
    I said it at the time but I believe Peeters got the job on the basis of being on Belgian TV a lot.

If you asked a casual football fan in this country who'd be a good coach they might say Gary Lineker or Alan Shearer as they will have seen them on MOTD.

I think Roland saw Peeters on TV and thought "that's my man" and left KM to sack Riga.

Wild speculation but why bother with logic when trying to work out Roland.
  • I would welcome Riga back. He seem to be liked by the players and is an experienced coach. He has worked with some big clubs like A.C. Milan albeit with the youth team. He also didn't play the network players who he deemed not good enough.
  • Riga "knowing" the club seems a bit irrelevant to me. How many players or coaches are still about that were there under Powell/Riga? You could probably count them on one hand.
  • Rob62 said:

Rob62 said:

She was not telling me that on the way back from Blackburn last season.
    Well she wasn't telling the truth then. There were plenty of people who saw her reaction when she found out the news, and she wasn't hiding how upset she was.
    I told her Riga should have been rewarded with the job, she repeatedly said that he was rewarded.......financially
  • Stubborn Duchatelet will probably stick with Fraeye. I would be pleased to see Riga back and over the moon if we had someone like Steve Clark (or Curbs).
  • The proof will be in the pudding by New Year's Day.
  • Yes I think Steve Clarke would be a good appointment. I wonder if his been interviewed yet or if any one has
  • edited December 2015
    Seasons Greetings to all on Charlton Life

Appointing Riga would appear to be a smart move
  • Spanish said:

The proof will be in the pudding by New Year's Day.

Doing an exchange with STVV.
  • Sponsored links:

• Just seen that Danny Wilson just appointed chesterfield manager. Championship experience. But British !!!
  • It would be hugely encouraging to have him back - but aren't we clutching at straws here? Riga has moved out of the RD orbit by virtue of going to Metz and would probably lay down conditions if he were asked back.
  • RD does love appointing someone he's previously sacked. So that makes it Riga, Peeters or Powell. Probably all three over over next year.
  • I was fortunate to have met Jose and spoke to him at some length at the Sponsors' dinner after SCP left.

And I'd love to see him back here as manager/coach as would, I believe, the players he had under his charge at the time.

However, surely, RD would impose the same or similar restrictions on him as his predecessors ie limited cash available during the transfer window and the likelihood of valued players being sold to balance the books.

This could be a difficult situation for Jose and of course would not address the long term plans that our owner has for our Club.
  • Vincenzo said:

RD does love appointing someone he's previously sacked. So that makes it Riga, Peeters or Powell. Probably all three over over next year.

The new management team.
  • How many players are still here that were there under Riga? I doubt they know who he is.
  • How many players are still here that were there under Riga? I doubt they know who he is.

JJ and Solly for starters. Reckon they'd bring he rest of the team along with them to work with someone like Riga.
  • FC Metz Groupe own a club in Belgium called Seraing United. They also have an acedemy in Dakar and agreements with River Plate in Argentina.

It is not as though FC Seraing have no connections with Duchatelet (Do-shit-alot) - please stop nicely referring to the wanker as Roland. When, in 2013, Doshitalot 'stole' 20 million euros from Standard Liège claiming that it was to avoid taxes, he then divided this money between three shareholders: himself, Robert Lesman, and Paul Plateus, an ex-owner of RFC Seraing. dhnet.be/sports/football/division1/standard/roland-duchatelet-et-les-20-millions-d-euros-de-dividendes-558a9b523570f340d752903d

Of course, when Doshitalot sold Liège this money had disappeared into thin air, just as he is now doing at Charlton.

And of course Riga will be our next manager because that is the kind of shit Doshitalot does.