Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Riga sacked by Metz

http://sports.orange.fr/football/ligue-2/metz/article/metz-riga-vire-hinschberger-le-remplace-CNT000000h5uKD.html
Would he come back? Who knows, after leaving us and Blackpool he popped up at Standard Liege. Would it make a difference? Probably not, he'd still be a puppet with an underfunded squad.

Comments

• That's it, RD will send him back here now.
  • stonemuse said:

That's it, RD will send him back here now.

Yep.
  • Sponsored links:

• Isn't Bulot at Metz?!
  • We want Riga back, say we want Riga back.
  • edited December 2015
    Wow, what a turn up. I wouldn't be surprised to see him come back, though I've said many times that I suspect when given more of a run of games in charge, he wouldn't fare much better than the rest. One thing is for sure, a lot of the fans would get behind him from the outset, which might help lift the players so we can at least get us out of this sticky patch that we find ourselves in. Obviously, a new manager is only part of our issue, we still need some players of Championship quality.

• Depressing if he comes back. Would prove our club are incapable of recruiting outside of the poxy network.

Nothing to prove there. We've known that since day one with them.
  • Isn't Bulot at Metz?!

nah he's at Reims in the division above
  • Sponsored links:

• Isn't Bulot at Metz?!

No, he's at Reims.
  • Sacked for "a deterioration in the last three months" while sixths in Ligue 2 (http://www.fcmetz.com/2015-2016/actualites/equipe-pro/jose-riga-nest-plus-lentraineur-des-grenats). Blimey.

Another twist in the soap opera...
  • edited December 2015
    Why have Metz sacked him anyway? I thought he was doing well there?

Edit: Thanks @InspectorSands, didn't see that before I posted ^^
  • Why have Metz sacked him anyway? I thought he was doing well there?

Results have gone bad in the last month, they were leading Ligue 2 a month ago! Funny how short term football can be.
  • Taking him back, with or without Fraeye as assistant, would be a huge admission that they got it wrong not appointing him either when Peeters came or when Luzon joined.

But I'm not sure Roland does embarrassed.

Would Riga want it knowing tha tRoland and Fraeye will interfere?

Just when we thought we could have a few days off from Charlton over Christmas
    : - )
  • I'd like him back
  • Depressing if he comes back. Would prove our club are incapable of recruiting outside of the poxy network.

Incapable or unwilling?

Seems a no brainer move for the board - RD knows him and (presumably) likes him and it would be the only managerial appointment from 'inside the network' that would at least somewhat appease the fans.

I'd have him back, but personally I'd rather it was under a different owner.

Of course the fact it is the obvious thing to do means we almost certainly will not be appointing him to replace KF.
  • Taking him back, with or without Fraeye as assistant, would be a huge admission that they got it wrong not appointing him either when Peeters came or when Luzon joined.

But I'm not sure Roland does embarrassed.

Would Riga want it knowing tha tRoland and Fraeye will interfere?

Just when we thought we could have a few days off from Charlton over Christmas
    : - )

Duchatelet strikes me as a very stubborn and ideologically driven man. His ideology being that he can achieve success through youth and clever scouting. This obsession with youth also applies to CEOs and managers considering all of our managers (barring Riga) have been under 40 when they joined. I can't see him budging from his beliefs.

I think if Riga did join it would be on a short term deal again whilst they searched for another young manager with potential or to give Fraeye more experience until he can take over on his own.

Considering "every sacking has proven to be a correct decision" it would indeed be an interesting move.
  • Yes please. Not only would we get back a popular manager who was well liked at the club, we'd also get back a prolific left midfielder.
  • I don't know about this wouldn't be so sure he could turn it round. I don't think he could but strangely even saying that, that's not a reflection of himself I just can't see him bringing something extra to the table that's going to essentially inspire everyone at this point.

Carol will most likely get us relegated if I'm being positive we finish 22nd, at least not bottom.