Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Riga sacked by Metz

Comments

• As much as I like the guy I wouldn't want him back just to be another RD puppet
  • Yes please. Not only would we get back a popular manager who was well liked at the club, we'd also get back a prolific left midfielder.

And a decent song
  • we don't need nor want the return of another continental chancer .. we need an ENGLISH/BRITISH manager
  • As much as I like the guy I wouldn't want him back just to be another RD puppet

That'll be every manager who works under him.
  • Riga went back to Liege last season didn't he. Him and Roland despite being replaced a few times always go back to each other.

Once your in the network you never leave the network ;-)
  • Well, this will be interesting.

Really H? Not crossed your mind that this would most likely happen at all over the last few weeks?

Perhaps I'm getting too cynical on everything Charlton !

Really H? Not crossed your mind that this would most likely happen at all over the last few weeks?

How could RD Have known he'd be sacked by Metz? They aren't network.
  • Sponsored links:

No, because I didn't expect him to give up a good job at Metz to come back here.

I didn't realise the Metz job was going to give up on him.

And what do you mean GETTING cynical : - )
  • He might give us a slightly better chance of staying up, well actually a chance because currently I don't think we have one. But a lot more still needs to happen and I think there are more experienced and knowledgable managers of the English leagues than Riga out there
  • If it was a choice between Riga and KF, then I know who I would choose. In fact, if it was a choice between KF and my cat, KF would be out the job.

• I actually think this will happen (with KF remaining as Riga's assistant).

Not sure how I would feel about it tbh. Indifferent I guess.
  • Sponsored links:

• I can imagine pinky and perky on the blower now on a four-way skype chat wtih Riga and Fraeye working out the terms of employment.
  • edited December 2015

I actually think this will happen (with KF remaining as Riga's assistant).

What happens to Jason Euell? New Comms boss?
  • Valley11 said:

Valley11 said:

Back to U21 coach I guess?
  • Isn't the current story doing the rounds that Riga wasn't retained due to his refusal to defer to and work closely with Fraeye? I hardly see him coming back if that was the case
  • The experiment had run out of managers to appoint from within the network. We would be looking at Fraeye until the end of the season. And only Roland knows after that. Duchatelet now has a way to retain the network philosophy and possibly stay up. Riga's job if he wants it. Doesn't really change anything for me though.
  • seth plum said:

Why would he return when it was Fraeye who masterminded our previous escape from relegation?

He can be Fraeyes bitch in all but name just get him the fudge back here!
  • wmcf123 said:

WSS said:

Can you imagine this photo with Fraye at the front? At least the players seemed to have respected Riga:

That group, for all of its limitations, had a lot of character . Bar Jacko and Diarra, I don't see that in this lot
    They were also quite good at playing football. We'd have stayed up that year with Powell, Riga, Luzon or possibly even Peeters in charge. Our games in hand, the number of easy home games we had left, and the quality of the squad meant the manager was a pretty minor factor in my opinion.
  • He won less than half his games for us. Did well to keep us up and probably a nice bloke but not the man to take this club forward. Cannot believe people are getting excited by this.

Did you realise we were in 24th and on our knees after losing to Sheffield United.
    Should he apologize for not getting us into the top of of the table ?

The only coach, who managed to make Harriott and Sordell look half decent.
    At least if he came back it would be a sign of admission that they messed up,
    the first time around.