Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bristol City v Charlton | Boxing Day | 3pm KICK-OFF | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• colin1961 said:

People go on blaming KM or RD fact is our injuries this season have been ridiculous ..... have we ever played our strongest team this season ?
    No Henderson at the start then Kashi and Carballos had Jackson , Solly, Fox, Gudmunsson , Big Mc , Vetokeke, Watt, Moussa, Tariq Dennis , Bauer, Lookman , Vaz Ta , Cousins, all injured at sometime and most likey missed a couple .... But this is a amazing list of players that have been injured this season and this is the reason our season has fell away nothing else ......

• edited December 2015
    Played this fixture on fifa earlier. Let the game play it out 3 times.
    I didn't intervene at all.

Ghoochannejhad scored in the first for 1-0 Charlton

2nd was 0-0

3rd was Ghoochannejhad 1-0

So 1-0 then Lookman to score or Reza
  • Unfortunately, there is little chance of snow so that the game is postponed until the six quality Championship players arrive.

For those travelling by road on the M4:

Try Charlton Heston services and recall some happy Memburies on the way down. On the way back, wonder why we always underaChieveley, start Reading the post match views on CL having stopped earlier at Leigh DelaNightmare.

14 chips available at Leigh Delaware Delameire Delamere
  • Last season I would never predict us to lose, (even against the spanners), but I'm failing to see the hope at the moment
  • Another away day disaster 3-0
  • Dazzler21 said:

Played this fixture on fifa earlier. Let the game play it out 3 times.
    I didn't intervene at all.

Ghoochannejhad scored in the first for 1-0 Charlton

2nd was 0-0

3rd was Ghoochannejhad 1-0

So 1-0 then Lookman to score or Reza

Think you have a bit too much spare time on your hands fella haha
  • Bristol City x Charlton 0

x >= 1
  • Another away day disaster 3-0

I don't think 3-0 defeats are disasters anymore they seem to be the norm.
  • edited December 2015
    I'm guessing tickets can be bought on the day?
  • Stewart said:

I'm guessing tickets can be bought on the day?

Yes, there will be a few seats available.

Go to the back and join the protest.
  • Sponsored links:

• Me and Dad will be there. Can't say we are looking forward to it!

Not done either of the Bristol grounds before so at least we'll be able to tick one off
  • Hope we can scrape a draw 1-1
  • Anyone know if there is parking nearby ?
  • Taken from the BBC website:

TEAM NEWS
    Striker Kieran Agard could miss Bristol City's Boxing Day game against fellow Championship strugglers Charlton.

The 26-year-old pulled up with a calf strain in training last week and had to sit out the 1-1 home draw with QPR.

Charlton defender Patrick Bauer could miss out after picking up an abdominal injury in the 4-0 loss at Burnley.

Ricardo Vaz Te may be unavailable with a groin problem but fellow striker Ademola Lookman, who has had a hamstring injury, could return in time.

MATCH FACTS
    •Bristol City have won 13 and lost none of their past 21 Boxing Day matches at home.
    •Charlton are unbeaten in their past five away games on Boxing Day (W1 D4), although they have won just two of their past 23 (D7 L14).
    •The Addicks have won their past two matches against the Robins; they have not won three in a row since February 1992 (a run of four).
    •Bristol City have won the fewest number of points at home in the Championship this season (10).
    •Charlton have lost eight of their past nine away games in the Championship, winning the other.

something's gotta give !!
  • Anyone know of a
  • edited December 2015
    Unfortunately, at the moment, we find scoring a bit too hard, and giving away soft goals a bit too easy, which isn't a recipe for success in any language, especially Belgian. However, this is a winnable game if we have the right personnel available and approach. Sitting back on a lead, if we are fortunate enough to get one would be suicidal. We need Lookman to start and three men in midfield and we have a sniff. If we are set up like this from the start of the game, it would give us half a chance. I suspect we wont be.
  • Six goals in eleven away games will never give us hope for a fruitful away game, says the man getting ready for the Bromley coach!
  • Having watch the Meire interview, I don't care anymore. My money's on Bristol City today.
  • Nice for me to be able to set off to a match at a sensible time - ie 11.30 for the pub not 09.00 on the M4. Going to be very windy down here, which could affect us more than them I reckon. Head says 3-0 City. Heart says 2-1 Charlton. COYR.
  • Sponsored links:

• 1StevieG said:

Anyone know of a

Nah not sure where that is to be honest
  • Bristol City 2-0 Charlton

Although I accept that with Lookman in the team, we always have a chance
  • 1StevieG said:

Anyone know of a

Yep. Hasn't Bridge Over Troubled Waters made it to number 1 this Christmas?
  • Nice for me to be able to set off to a match at a sensible time - ie 11.30 for the pub not 09.00 on the M4. Going to be very windy down here, which could affect us more than them I reckon. Head says 3-0 City. Heart says 2-1 Charlton. COYR.

Bristol, is there much parking available around the ground?
  • Real upset on the cards at Ashton Gate. 1-1
  • I know we are crap but 3/1 on the away win seems generous.

Could happen if Lookman plays but I'm gonna say score draw.
  • 'Gutted' to be out with an abdominal injury ? Is this an example of German humour?
  • edited December 2015
  • Really worry about us for this fixture. Reckon a couple of early injuries will disrupt our rhythm and City will triumph 4-0.