Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bristol City v Charlton | Boxing Day | 3pm KICK-OFF | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Form says another defeat - p'raps 3-1. Boxing Day home crowd will be their 12th man - and our fragile defence is ripe for the taking! Then Wolves ... then panic!
    Do-shit and Silly Mare appear to have no idea how to stop the rot - or no intention (maybe Charlton are a convenient Tax loss on the owner's overall Balance sheet). We don't just need a new Head coach, we need a proper Manager who has a major influence within the Club, especially with player recruitment. If the owner sees sense it may be possible to turn things around in January. A new Manager and a minimum of 5 experienced players could cost £8million - a large outlay, but one that may just keep us up. Do-shit would lose more than £8million next season if the Club is relegated. No-brainer! As he won't sack Silly Mare, she should be moved to one of his other network Clubs, and an experienced Chief Exec with "know-how" recruited. If the owner refuses to make any positive changes in January, then a majority of fans should stay away in organised protest. He's already shown that he doesn't give a camel's fart about the fans - so we'll be mugs to turn up! Protests and boycotts may still not force him to reveal his true intention for the future of Charlton Athletic - but it worked for Standard Liege fans - so why not us Addicks?
  • edited December 2015
    Brissle were languishing at the foot of the table, same as us now, the last time we were down there in 2012 and it was a comfortable 2-0 away win with Moro calmly taking a touch before slotting home the second inside the box from a corner in front of us 2nd half.

IIRC we had a good following that day and this was one of the first instances when a flare was set off amongst our fans to much furore on here in the aftermath. Nearly missed the coach back as the Police had moved them! Won't be there this time I have family commitments however the same score line would be a lovely belated Xmas present. Well, I can live in hope can't I. COYRs
  • 4-0 Brizzle's favor
  • Brizzle 2 - 0 Charlton
  • 2-2 Lookman & Reza with our goals.
  • 10 academy graduates in that line-up. We should be proud of that, but in reality it is a terrible sign of weakness. I wonder if there is another club in the Championship with this kind of squad.?
  • 2-1 to them. Our journey continues.
  • 3-1 defeat
  • 6-2 Bristol
  • Can see KF whipping up a tactical master-class.

3-1 loss
  • Sponsored links:

• nothing would surprise me .. a 5-0 hammering, a 3-2 win for us, a feeble 0-0 draw .. I am concerned about the number of injuries we have been getting and HOPE that this is not players doing a 'Hazard' and saying 'I can't go on .. let me outta here' ..

I presume that Bauer won't be fit and this means a move back to defence for Diarra, I'd pick Sarr at central, Lennon at left back and Holmes-D left midfield .. we must tighten up .. no Jackson and as for Cousins, although badly out of form he does at least have a go, alongside Ba with Gudmundsson on the right or playing just behind the strikers .. I am presuming that Vaz T is injured .. so ..

Henderson.. Solly, Diarra, Sarr, Lennon .. Gudmundsson, Cousins, Ba, Holmes-Dennis .. Lookman, Reza..

t b h that looks a weak and very inexperienced team even if it has a lot of potential .... BigMak just does not look like scoring, even in a brothel, so Reza has to start again .. Lookman MUST stay fit (That is IF he actually plays)

I'd be happy(ish) with a poinr

Bristol City 1 v CAFC 1
  • nothing would surprise me .. a 5-0 hammering, a 3-2 win for us, a feeble 0-0 draw .. I am concerned about the number of injuries we have been getting and HOPE that this is not players doing a 'Hazard' and saying 'I can't go on .. let me outta here' ..

I presume that Bauer won't be fit and this means a move back to defence for Diarra, I'd pick Sarr at central, Lennon at left back and Holmes-D left midfield .. we must tighten up .. no Jackson and as for Cousins, although badly out of form he does at least have a go, alongside Ba with Gudmundsson on the right or playing just behind the strikers .. I am presuming that Vaz T is injured .. so ..

Henderson.. Solly, Diarra, Sarr, Lennon .. Gudmundsson, Cousins, Ba, Holmes-Dennis .. Lookman, Reza..

t b h that looks a weak and very inexperienced team even if it has a lot of potential .... BigMak just does not look like scoring, even in a brothel, so Reza has to start again .. Lookman MUST stay fit (That is IF he actually plays)

Bristol City 1 v CAFC 1

yup, says it all for me, 1-1
  • edited December 2015

nothing would surprise me .. a 5-0 hammering, a 3-2 win for us, a feeble 0-0 draw .. I am concerned about the number of injuries we have been getting and HOPE that this is not players doing a 'Hazard' and saying 'I can't go on .. let me outta here' ..

Bristol City 1 v CAFC 1

Don't dislike that Squad... Lennon didnt do a bad job @ Left-Back when he played at Wigan and has shown playing recently that he likes to get forward... Also allows Holmes-Dennis to play further forward (What I think he's better at doing) whilst Lookman and Reza are the obvious choice up front as they're our in-form Strikers
  • Heart says 2-1 CAFC
    Head says 4-2 Brizzle
    Sadly head is normally right!
  • Steve Cotterill uses a 3-4-1-2 system, with three centre backs, two wing backs, Two central midfielders, & Luke Freeman in the hole behind the front two. The 4-4-2 Diamond system employed by Carol at Burnley will block up the central areas, but leave the flanks exposed, as happened in the second half last Saturday. 4-1-4-1 would be more effective, as it will nullify Freeman, provide cover on the flanks and allow the wide midfielders to attack the space vacated by their wing backs on the counter attack. The problem is, with Diarra having to play CB, we don't have anyone suited to play the deep midfield role. A classic example of a lack of strength in depth.

Also, Carol has tried to put the blame on the players after the last two games, and tried to distance himself from any blame, comments most probably designed for the mad Professor's ears. The players won't put up with that for long. If he has already lost credibility with them and they have stopped playing for him, I can't see anything but another heavy defeat. This game will give us a clear indication on the mood in the dressing room and the appetite for the fight against relegation.

• 1:0 Charlton (Diara 86)...
  • 1:0 Charlton (Diara 86)...

Love the moniker Lenny and the confidence... you won't fit in here! ;0)
  • Can we have Tutt-Tutt as our manager as he certainly seems to have a better grasp of what's likely to happen than anyone at the club?

Would love us to get a point. Stranger things have happened. unfortunately I think we'll go down by our usual score, Bristol ain't that great, it'll only be 3-0
  • Tutt-Tutt said:

Steve Cotterill uses a 3-4-1-2 system, with three centre backs, two wing backs, Two central midfielders, & Luke Freeman in the hole behind the front two. The 4-4-2 Diamond system employed by Carol at Burnley will block up the central areas, but leave the flanks exposed, as happened in the second half last Saturday. 4-1-4-1 would be more effective, as it will nullify Freeman, provide cover on the flanks and allow the wide midfielders to attack the space vacated by their wing backs on the counter attack. The problem is, with Diarra having to play CB, we don't have anyone suited to play the deep midfield role. A classic example of a lack of strength in depth.

Also, Carol has tried to put the blame on the players after the last two games, and tried to distance himself from any blame, comments most probably designed for the mad Professor's ears. The players won't put up with that for long. If he has already lost credibility with them and they have stopped playing for him, I can't see anything but another heavy defeat. This game will give us a clear indication on the mood in the dressing room and the appetite for the fight against relegation.

Careful Tutt-Tutt, too much more in depth and you'll have Karel printing your posts out to help him with his team selection and tactics!
  • Sponsored links:

• rananegra said:

Can we have Tutt-Tutt as our manager as he certainly seems to have a better grasp of what's likely to happen than anyone at the club?

Can't argue with that ... talks far more sense then our current conveyor belt of managers

• I think 'Tutt-Tutt Curbishley' has called this one correctly as usual.

The player mutiny will make the Chelsea fiasco look like a fall-out at a brownie meeting.

Charlton no show and an easy 2-0 win for the west-country folk.
  • edited December 2015
    colin1961 said:

People go on blaming KM or RD fact is our injuries this season have been ridiculous ..... have we ever played our strongest team this season ?
    No Henderson at the start then Kashi and Carballos had Jackson , Solly, Fox, Gudmunsson , Big Mc , Vetokeke, Watt, Moussa, Tariq Dennis , Bauer, Lookman , Vaz Ta , Cousins, all injured at sometime and most likey missed a couple .... But this is a amazing list of players that have been injured this season and this is the reason our season has fell away nothing else ......

Thought Jackson was shite anyway?

Who's responsible for the putting together of the squad and the fact it isn't strong enough to deal with this league? Some of those injuries are because of being young and inexperienced and being forced to play too much, or older and therefore gonna get more injuries. Players that have been bit part players previously or playing in easier leagues and so not used to the stresses of regular first team action and especially not used to the pace and physicality of the Championship?
    The injuries can be seen as a side effect of the recruitment system and not some freak unforseeable occurrence. Therefore RD and KM can be blamed.

Oh and I really have no idea about the result. I think we could get a win but for understandable reason am not confident. I'll go 2-2.
  • I'm in the 5-0 or 0-1 camp.
  • Really hard to call, the score could be anything....

1-0 to Bristol City, 2-0 to Bristol City, 3-0 to Bristol City, etc.
  • colin1961 said:

People go on blaming KM or RD fact is our injuries this season have been ridiculous ..... have we ever played our strongest team this season ?
    No Henderson at the start then Kashi and Carballos had Jackson , Solly, Fox, Gudmunsson , Big Mc , Vetokeke, Watt, Moussa, Tariq Dennis , Bauer, Lookman , Vaz Ta , Cousins, all injured at sometime and most likey missed a couple .... But this is a amazing list of players that have been injured this season and this is the reason our season has fell away nothing else ......

Do you drink in the Royal Oak?
  • Are there no trains running?
  • 2-1 Bristol City. We'll boss the first 7 minutes, getting slightly closer to their box than they do ours. This will be the only bit KF remembers about the game. He'll bemoan the first goal, saying that was key when Fox under hits a back pass and they take full advantage going one up after 22 mins. Bristol City will be surprised about the lack of response from the addicks, confused as to why there's no fightback. They themselves will demonstrate why they are down there with us, struggling to get a second until the 77th minute when Aaron Wilbrahams taps in from close range after we fail to clear our lines.

JBG will get one back in the 91st with a speculative pop from 30 yards. It will be another great Valley away day

KF will tell us after the game we were close, the first 7 minutes were key. If we could've just showed the sideways possession we showed in the first 7 minutes, we may have won it
  • My son, wife and I thought about making the journey, to Bristol then thought fuck it!! We will go to Scotland to see brother-in-law on Boxing Day and pop in to St James' Park to watch Newcastle & Everton. It's my son's first premiership game so will be able to compare to the current Charlton atmosphere.

Happy Christmas everyone :smile:
  • edited December 2015

colin1961 said:

Do you drink in the Royal Oak?
    Go for it Elfsborg :wink:

On second thoughts it is the season of goodwill to all men.