Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Burnley v Charlton - Post Match Thread

Comments

• Just reading First Half Fraeye's post match comments - doesn't sound like a man worried about his job security. Just the usual list of excuses.
  • Oakster said:

Just reading First Half Fraeye's post match comments - doesn't sound like a man worried about his job security. Just the usual list of excuses.

His comments are an embarrassment.

The players will feel really motivated for the next match.
  • Really feel for the ones that made the effort to go today.

Just seen the goals on sky sports and the defending is atrocious. I know you don't get the whole picture from highlights but it genuinely seems as though this is the worst defence we have had (collectively) for a couple of decades.
  • awaiting Joey Barton's take on it.. Loves an opinion on his tweeter.
  • Sponsored links:

• To be honest this wasn't too much of a surprise as a result. Team just relegated from the Premiership with a substantial parachute payment versus a struggling side; fairly predictable result. However - the failure to win the last two home games against middling to below average opposition is the real killer. RD has let this drift now for too long and to be certain of staying up we'd need to get an above average set of results - consistently - all the way through to next May. Even with a great new manager and several new signings I'd be doubtful of that.

Sadly I think its League One next year.
  • edited December 2015
    Those comments form Fraeyeare an embarrassment. A total joke. The club will
    Make the decisions that need to be made?
    We know they don't make any decisions that need to be made.
    You can threaten players if there are others to come in to replace them but certainly not with U18 players
  • He issues a warning to all the players and then says they gave it their all.
    Just hope he hasn't any say in the players we simply must get in next month. He scouted most of the shite we have. Don't think José Mourinho could get us out of the abyss we are falling down.
  • some real gold in that interview.

"It's a mental thing for sure"
    "the mentality is good"

Also players need to be looking over their shoulders despite him later noting that they gave everything and are a young team.

So, Karel are you now saying that the squad maybe isn't good enough? And where are those smiles on their faces that you mentioned a few months ago?

He's probably a very nice chap but I can't help but build up a real dislike for KF with all this twaddle he comes out with.
  • edited December 2015
    Anyone who wants to waste 6 minutes listening to the audio of the post match interview with KF, you can find it here;
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35141400
  • It`s actually surprising we have managed two wins and two draws under him given his qualifications for the job. I used to manage the Royal Oak`s Sunday team and if I could speak Flemish I would surely be in with a chance.
  • http://www.skysports.com/football/burnley-vs-charlton/report/339788

The goals here. Charlton chances didn't look particularly clear cut. Gray missed a sitter in the first half before Burnley scored the first. The second is woeful defending and the edge of the box was left completely free. The third was exceptionally poor. Couple of comedy moments of Charlton players leaping for a ball that they completely missed, leaving them dumped on the backside as the play went forward. The missed tackle that nearly led to a fifth was impressive was as well. The worrying thing is how resigned and accepting of defeat as normal the players looked. No fight left in them.
  • You would have never known that his team has been thumped 4-0 away from those comments. All the vague threats to the players about what might happen is laughable as well. Like Duchatelet going to get his hand in his pocket and replace them with better players ? Little chance of that. Its an empty threat. Some of them, may even welcome it. The comments are worrying though as to how little bothered, Fraeye appears to be at another hammering.
  • Sponsored links:

• It wasn't Ahearne-Grant who Henderson was going berserk at as I first thought .. it was Reza for a horrible corner that led pretty directly to the first goal
  • edited December 2015
    I think thats the worst defeat I've watched since I saw us lose 6-1 at home to Leeds.

First half, I thought we put some decent moves together and was impressed by Mak and some of the runs Reza was making. We could of easily of come in 1 up. Diarra was having to play very deep due to the lack of presence of both Lennon and Fox. He was doing a good job but not the one he was meant to be doing in midfield. I did find the negativity of the supporters a bit dispiriting, singing 'we never win away' after the first ten minutes of the game at 0-0 is not exactly a great song for our goalie to be serenaded by.

Solly put in the usual good shift. The centre of midfield concerns me a lot. Cousins sometimes seems in a different world and JJ seems ineffectual and half hearted. I think Burnley realised that any balls with pace into our area we would struggle with and when their first goal did eventually come it was a bit inevitable. The 2nd half felt a bit like playing a kick around match at the rec when half your team go home early and your just desperately trying to play on but losing badly, very badly. A mixture of knackered players and bad substitutions.

An input of talented, strong and experienced players is the only way out of this.
  • vffvff
    edited December 2015
    http://www.london24.com/sport/football/it_s_very_concerning_fraeye_worried_after_charlton_thumped_1_4354165

“It’s very concerning but this game we won’t win any more so we just look to the next. We go and travel to Bristol on Saturday and there are no more points to win then.”

Its put as a direct quote. I am hoping that London 24 have misquoted here.
  • So pleased that some die hards are still going. the club need you and you have my full respect. This was one I had thought of going to, but had to work and to be honest didn't feel too gutted at not being able to go. In all honesty i had no desire to go. Earlier in the season i went to Wolves with daughter. It was a great day out, yes we lost, but it still felt like a fun day. now i just feel empty as each result comes in I just feel acceptance that this is how it is now. I expect nothing more than we are getting. They say this game is about results and it absolutely is. If we were winning every other game and mid-table i'd be up for coming. I've watched some poor teams play out an awful 90 mintues of what could never be called entertainment, but i've never been as disillusioned as I am now. If RD thinks the club can turn around financially, he must pour in a hell of a lot of money to achieve that, even then there is no guarantee. As things stand we are going down without a fight. I have no doubt he cares albeit only for financial reasons, but no businessman likes to lose money. RD must either stick or twist, but at present the current set of cards are shit and unless he's going to rely on there being three other club owners with a poorer set of cards, then he will have to accept that he will lose this hand. What he does then is what we are all wondering.
  • LenGlover said:

LenGlover said:

Expected nothing got nothing up at Burnley so not too surprised.

More worryingly the teams around us won.

I can't comment on the specifics of today as I wasn't there but we seem capable of half an hour or so of decent football but don't have the legs to sustain it and get overpowered.

As it stands we are going down without a shadow of a doubt?

Do either of Roland or Pinocchio give a toss?

Only Rotherham won today (a surprise win over Hull) MKD and Huddersfield lost, Bristol drew while Bolton drew with Fulham. Our GD is now the worst in the division, though with out CBs perhaps that's not surprising
    I wasn't aware of Fulham's late equaliser when posting.

We still lost ground on our rivals though.
    It's still "all to play for" but our main problem is not being able to keep clean sheets. The classic away team tactic of shutting
    Shrew said:

I think thats the worst defeat I've watched since I saw us lose 6-1 at home to Leeds.

First half, I thought we put some decent moves together and was impressed by Mak and some of the runs Reza was making. We could of easily of come in 1 up. Diarra was having to play very deep due to the lack of presence of both Lennon and Fox. He was doing a good job but not the one he was meant to be doing in midfield. I did find the negativity of the supporters a bit dispiriting, singing 'we never win away' after the first ten minutes of the game at 0-0 is not exactly a great song for our goalie to be serenaded by.

Solly put in the usual good shift. The centre of midfield concerns me a lot. Cousins sometimes seems in a different world and JJ seems ineffectual and half hearted. I think Burnley realised that any balls with pace into our area we would struggle with and when their first goal did eventually come it was a bit inevitable. The 2nd half felt a bit like playing a kick around match at the rec when half your team go home early and your just desperately trying to play on but losing badly, very badly. A mixture of knackered players and bad substitutions.

An input of talented, strong and experienced players is the only way out of this.

We seem to be able to give teams a competitive half, but then tiredness and injuries creep in and we fall apart in the second half, due to the pathetic lack of experience on the bench.
  • So an interim manager with less experience than almost ANY manager in the four divisions starts issuing threats. That didn;t even work for Mourinho and he was arguably a bigger name than Fraeye.

“The players had the chance to do something about that and if they can’t then it’s up to the club to make the decisions that have to be made." Hmm. Who at the club? Meire? She knows even less about football than KF.

As for “It is amazing the way we conceded the goals" ... sounds pretty much like a fan rather than the man in charge of the sinking ship.
  • Looking forward to seeing Charlton at Sixfields next season. I'll be in the home stand.