Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Burnley v Charlton - Post Match Thread

edited December 2015 in General Charlton
Sigh. More misery than an EastEnders Xmas Special.

Be helpful to try and keep this one focused on the game, selection, performance, result, and keep all the Belgians destroying the Club / all ungrateful moaners stuff for all the other threads, ta

Comments

• This thread should be fun!
  • edited December 2015
    What's a Belian :wink:

Ahh,fixed lol
  • Urmmm, Millwall lost?
  • Depressingly predictable.

Looking forward to going to Park View Road on Boxing Day.

I understand they are what's known as a proper football club.
  • Expected nothing got nothing up at Burnley so not too surprised.

More worryingly the teams around us won.

I can't comment on the specifics of today as I wasn't there but we seem capable of half an hour or so of decent football but don't have the legs to sustain it and get overpowered.

As it stands we are going down without a shadow of a doubt?

Do either of Roland or Pinocchio give a toss?

• Why couldn't it have ended 3-0?
    That really broke our form (and my bet).
  • Sponsored links:

• Why couldn't it have ended 3-0?
    That really broke our form (and my bet).

We can't even lose properly (:
  • To lose 4-0 to a team that hadn't won for six games and hadn't scored for over 300 minutes just shows what a joke we are. I assume KM RD and KF won't see any problems. Results don't seem to matter to them so nothing will change.
    Desperate state of affairs.
  • I watched the Whitehawk - Daggers game, Obileye looked ok - same age more or less as Sarr. He should come back in January and at least offer something else in defence.
  • Depressingly predictable.

Looking forward to going to Park View Road on Boxing Day.

I understand they are what's known as a proper football club.

I;m looking forward to going to the Toolbox again next season.
  • Obviously no spirit in the team. When we go 1-0 down we may as well go 30-0 down, it's the same result. A team like that needs a manager who can motivate them, and we have some bloke. I'd sarcastically say 'see you at Fleetwood' but I'm not going all that way to watch this shite next season.
  • se9addick said:

That really was a a long old day.

Played pretty well for the first 40 mins, Mak particularly improved his game but I have no idea what Fraeye said to the team at half time as they looked back to their old ways (particularly defensively) - Bergdich was terrible when he came on, Sarr not much better and I have no ideas how Fox is getting in ahead of Holmes-Dennis. On the positive I thought Cousins looked like he was getting back to his old self, not all the way there yet, but a lot better.

Ah well, five hours until I'm home.

What formation did we play? Was it a straight forward 4-4-2?
  • Depressing, just bloody depressing we are an absolute joke of a club, will Roland change his plan, I very much hope so otherwise we are League 1 next season.
  • Not sure what can be said after that that hasn't already been said. We clearly cannot compete in this division in anything more than brief spurts and that won't keep us up. In short, we are simply not good enough and there doesn't appear to be a Plan B either on or off the pitch. Decent sides are ripping us apart. And with each dissection, the already shattered morale on and off the pitch deteriorates a little more. And, meanwhile, in the directors' box the band plays on ...
  • Sponsored links:

• Can we have a Category 1 youth set up in Division 1 or 2?
  • Son was at the game, just spoke to him says the score was harsh on us and couldn't understand the team selection.
  • LenGlover said:

Expected nothing got nothing up at Burnley so not too surprised.

I can't comment on the specifics of today as I wasn't there but we seem capable of half an hour or so of decent football but don't have the legs to sustain it and get overpowered.

Only Rotherham won today (a surprise win over Hull) MKD and Huddersfield lost, Bristol drew while Bolton drew with Fulham. Our GD is now the worst in the division, though with out CBs perhaps that's not surprising
  • 35% Championship footy next year
    65% League One it is

Palace go marching on but at least the scum lost the pikey derby
  • Where's that Pants emoji?
  • edited December 2015
    just home
    until the first goal I was quite hopeful that I was watching two teams of very limited attacking ability, then they scored. The second half was a shambles, best two players were Bauer and Diarra, Solly just doesn't have the legs anymore nor does Jackson and with JJ and Fox on the left we were open for attack. Mak had a good game up front but those around him didn't have nous to take advantage of his flick ons and lay offs.
    how can the owner let this continue?
  • Down, done and dusted.
  • LenGlover said:

Expected nothing got nothing up at Burnley so not too surprised.

Only Rotherham won today (a surprise win over Hull) MKD and Huddersfield lost, Bristol drew while Bolton drew with Fulham. Our GD is now the worst in the division, though with out CBs perhaps that's not surprising
    I wasn't aware of Fulham's late equaliser when posting.

We still lost ground on our rivals though.
  • Oakster said:

I watched the Whitehawk - Daggers game, Obileye looked ok - same age more or less as Sarr. He should come back in January and at least offer something else in defence.

Seen him play live a few times. He is most definitely not the answer by a long stretch.