Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

ROLAND DUCHATELET PLEASE GO NOW

124»

Comments

• Roland must go, must go now, and take his puppets with him
  • Anyone want to buy the rest of my season ticket?? I'm done!!

I'll give you 50p
  • cabbles said:

Glad I found this thread after AFKA said keep the post match comments to the game only. I wrote a detailed couple of posts after the Bolton game around why I think RD needs to go. I simply want to say tonight after the 16 hour round trip.

ROLAND FUCK OFF.

You're clueless.

16 hours, fair play to you Cabbies, you could have gone to America and back for that, might have been more fun.
  • cabbles said:

Glad I found this thread after AFKA said keep the post match comments to the game only. I wrote a detailed couple of posts after the Bolton game around why I think RD needs to go. I simply want to say tonight after the 16 hour round trip.

ROLAND FUCK OFF.

You're clueless.

16 hours, fair play to you Cabbies, you could have gone to America and back for that, might have been more fun.
    Mate we've all had to endure it now. I wanted it to work I really did. I gave him the benefit of the doubt after BP was sacked and GL came in. We're just repeating the same pattern every few months or so. Except this time we've run out of new interim unknown managers to come in and get a bounce. I would try and be more constructive in my criticism but I've done that so much, you feel like you're just repeating yourself. So I just think 'Roland f*** off' is the best way to be from now on

I did actually read a chap at come all the way from Switzerland, now that was commitment
  • edited December 2015
    The owner hasn't even got the guts to stand up and talk to us. He is a spineless, pathetic, senile git. Even his CEO, cant make a statement in these times. They are beyond inept. Roland is clearly mad, but does not KM have any insight into how bad this all is? I wish she would tell us KF's job is safe. We know with that lying cow's track record, he will be off the next day!
  • Strange how he finds time to come to London to meet with his puppets but not watch any football. Either he doesn't have any interest other than seeing this as an investment/vanity project (likely) or is so spineless he is happy to let his puppets take all the abuse (equally likely). In letting the equally hopeless and out-of-her-depth KM run with the ball he is sending a clear message. "I couldn't care less."
  • I keep repeating myself on various threads, but for the life of me I cant understand RD's business logic here. If he honestly thinks that by going down to League 1 will enhance his fortune then he really is living in cloud cuckoo land!! The man is quite clearly losing it.....his attempted experiment is failing and he is sitting over the destruction of the club. So what is his plan? Sell a few of our promising youngsters after he has showcased them in the first-team, and then make money on selling The Valley? I mean what else can it be....I for sure have no idea....but there is something sinister in this and I don't think we have a clue yet what it is. If KF is made manager now then he is beyond belief and any semblance of common sense. Mark my words unless RD changes tack he is going to wreck this club. We must do something but sadly I don't know what......my heart is breaking and my late grandfather and dad will be horrified at what he is doing to OUR club. As for those who say who else was going to save us? then I have news for you, he isn't if he keeps on this track, he will destroy and walk away having played out a game - a bit like we do on Football Manager, after-all if he loses a few million on the way, so what, he has 1/2 billion fortune!! I pray he changes his mind, it would be so much better if he had the fans with him and went down as a saviour of CAFC, not the destroyer!!

I've given up trying to work out his logic.

Probably, as an engineer, he thinks in terms of a vision of a football machine that just needs a draughtsman to draw up a plan and build it with some standard components to a budget.

He sees only the cogs that turn the machine over, not people, any cog will do as long as it is the right size and price. He is the engineer who designed and built the machine so only he knows what's under the bonnet and how it works.

How long can he shut out the noise from the machine that shows the cogs are not engaging and the machine is juddering to a halt.

Surely the point of dialogue has been to try and get him to listen to the noise and take it seriously that his machine is not a sustainable model. Neither the Trust nor anyone else has said it's dialogue or nothing. It just more logical to get the current owner to build a new machine with some input from the fans than hope a new owner will come along with a better machine and not another gimmick.

If RD panics it might be better if he has the option of engaging with us than baling out with no buyers queuing up, but accept some are convinced it's a waste of time as he will not change.

If we knew there were willing buyers who could guarantee investment and engagement with the fans it would be a different matter, but until then, in my view, criticising attempts to engage with RD is premature.

• Sponsored links:

• He will not change. He does not think he is wrong. He will never think he is wrong. His plan does not include results. It only features youngsters breaking into the first team and if the are a success being sold 3-6 months later.
    This will get worse. Much much worse.

Carol will see us to consecutive relegations.

The worst thing in all this? I just don't care any more.

Cheers Roland. Thanks Katrien. Merci Karel.

Sadly, I think this is the point. You only have to look at the other clubs he owns (German 3rd division?) belgian lower league club and spanish 2nd? division to see hes not in it for footballing glory. If he can bring through young players and then flog them for profit then its job well done. I guess who is paying Mr Lookman on 1 February will go someway to evidence that. Well sorry mr doshitalet but I like to see youngsters come through and then play in the first team for a couple of years before ambition dictates their exit, a la Parker, Bowyer, etc. Not 3 months worth before they are shown the door. We were told by slaphead murray there'd be no more Carl Jenkinson situations. I think they were set up to fail with Poyet but does anyone have faith that players wont be flogged as soon as they are "saleable" now? Didnt like the bloke from the moment he sold Kermorgant and the subsequent decisions made me angry (crap network players, Powell being sacked), now like many others I am apathetic. Just fed up with the whole circus and being a laughing stock and thats why I have no interest in going at the moment.