Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

ROLAND DUCHATELET PLEASE GO NOW

Comments

• colin1961 said:

cafctom said:

I don't want him to go, but I'm desperate for him to change his approach. For such a clever businessman is amazing how he thinks this is working.

His idea of 'this is working' is us putting young players in the team so that he can make profits from sales - not winning matches.

He has had FOUR chances to do this the right way after wrongly sacking Chris Powell. Nothing is changing.
    Wrongly sacking Powell , grow up
    Colin, had he backed Powell properly and he had not improved things then I think most people would have agreed it was the right decision. CP wasn't sacked because of his results, but because Roland actually wanted someone else in the role. If it were a "normal" job he would probably get a constructive dismissal claim upheld against Roland.

The only Manager sorry Head Coach who has had any real form after CP was Riga - and Roland chose not to appoint him and instead grabbed Bob Peeters and we know where that ended up.

The possibility that Roland possesses even a shred of business intelligence is utterly facile.
    And Riga adopted the same selection policy that got Powell sacked.
  • Some idiot calling him/her self Colin 1961 has stated

''Last time no one touched us with a barge pole only RD who saved us fact.''
    Would you please supply me and the rest of your critics with where you got in info from?
  • And it isn't all that better than any other pitch we play on FFS. Are we supposed to wet ourselves with gratitude?
  • I know there is such a thing as free speech but can we not ban him as he is clearly a club plant!
  • Some idiot calling him/her self Colin 1961 has stated

''Last time no one touched us with a barge pole only RD who saved us fact.''
    Would you please supply me and the rest of your critics with where you got in info from?

The voices in his head tell him everything, so lay off him.

Yes I know I shouldn't bite back at the resident troll but he enjoys the pain of others too much for my liking. In fact he is probably actually a Nigel in disguise.
  • This week I got a phone call from the club asking me as a previous season ticket holder why I haven't renewed or taken advantage of the half season offer. I was at a Christmas party and rather drunk at the time but I still managed to get my feelings and views across whilst not being hostile to poor girl on the other end of the line. (Don't envy that job)
    I would like to think what I slurred would be passed on and noted. I won't be holding my breath though. They know you don't employ someone just because they are female and would like a crack at running a multi million pound company. They also know you need a coach who has knowledge and experience of running a team bigger than most in Belgium. But they do it anyway.
    Why would they listen or take any notice of my views? I'm only the poor git who's supported Charlton and paid for season tickets over the last 40 years.
    Whatever plan they (Roland) have for Charlton it is clear that they think they know best. I'd love Roland to be right, I would be happy for KM to be a success as CEO and I would be over the moon if an amateur coach could field a team that was capable of doing more than just making the numbers up. But I don't think I will be any of them.
  • I want to see an apology on here from the bloke that sent her flowers! To us.

I don't. The bloke is one of the kindest, nicest people you will cross who absolutely bleeds this club, and thought he was doing the right thing at the time (a year ago), because he is nice bloke, and a class act

The mainstream view of KM is very different to what it was a year ago.
    Out of interest, how does he feel now?
  • Sponsored links:

• That is what they don't get. We all would. We haven't got anything against Belgium or women. But it is an English thing to call somebody say a lanky git - it is the last word that is meant. A bald bloke can easily call another bald bloke a bald *********! So when we call her a Belgian ****, the Belgian bit should be disregarded. If she was competent, there would be Belgian flags all over the stadium FFS.
  • I wonder what Standard fans would advise us to do at this stage. I wonder if their protests spooked him into selling up?
  • I keep repeating myself on various threads, but for the life of me I cant understand RD's business logic here. If he honestly thinks that by going down to League 1 will enhance his fortune then he really is living in cloud cuckoo land!! The man is quite clearly losing it.....his attempted experiment is failing and he is sitting over the destruction of the club. So what is his plan? Sell a few of our promising youngsters after he has showcased them in the first-team, and then make money on selling The Valley? I mean what else can it be....I for sure have no idea....but there is something sinister in this and I don't think we have a clue yet what it is. If KF is made manager now then he is beyond belief and any semblance of common sense. Mark my words unless RD changes tack he is going to wreck this club. We must do something but sadly I don't know what......my heart is breaking and my late grandfather and dad will be horrified at what he is doing to OUR club. As for those who say who else was going to save us? then I have news for you, he isn't if he keeps on this track, he will destroy and walk away having played out a game - a bit like we do on Football Manager, after-all if he loses a few million on the way, so what, he has 1/2 billion fortune!! I pray he changes his mind, it would be so much better if he had the fans with him and went down as a saviour of CAFC, not the destroyer!!

Logic? The guy is nuts. He don't know what he's doing.
  • Surely it is beyond doubt he is nuts by now. Read his political party manifesto if you need more convincing. He should be in an institution.
  • I wonder what Standard fans would advise us to do at this stage. I wonder if their protests spooked him into selling up?

Would be a lot easier if the man was local or at least attended the games. He's not and he doesn't.

We can't even make him feel uncomfortable.

• edited December 2015

Surely it is beyond doubt he is nuts by now. Read his political party manifesto if you need more convincing. He should be in an institution.

He is, more's the pity it's called CAFC :disappointed:
  • LenGlover said:

I want to see an apology on here from the bloke that sent her flowers! To us.

I don't. The bloke is one of the kindest, nicest people you will cross who absolutely bleeds this club, and thought he was doing the right thing at the time (a year ago), because he is nice bloke, and a class act

The mainstream view of KM is very different to what it was a year ago.
    Out of interest, how does he feel now?
    I am no fan of Pinocchio but the flowers were sent because she was confronted by drunken fans on a train.

There are ways of doing things and drunks surrounding a lone female traveller is not one of them.

Hence the flowers.

He wasn't condoning the regime he was apologising for loutish behaviour by some of our fans.

An important distinction to remember.
    Fair point, well made.
  • Sponsored links:

• kentred2 said:

We have to really target her. No idiots sending her flowers - yes idiots! If we get her out we will annoy the fool ducahetelet. We need to annoy him, dig at him, do what we can. We need to do it for the future of our great club. As far as I am concerned, people have gone easier on her because she is a woman. And she has hid behind that fact. The gloves need to come off and we all need to go for her until she leaves in disgrace.

I agree. Make it personal. Real hate.
    Sarcasm?

Would be a lot easier if the man was local or at least attended the games. He's not and he doesn't.

We can't even make him feel uncomfortable.

And somehow that's exactly what we need to do to make any impact.
  • Even the OS is telling me to hit the bottle.
  • All these managers we have had are because as Katrien says "Its important Roland has to trust them"
    How about employing a manager on merit who knows what type of player is needed for the championship because believe me Roly , Katrien or anyone else who may read this from the club, you really do not know what your doing and actually people connected to other clubs are starting to laugh at YOU and your so called football experiment, shame on you.
  • All these managers we have had are because as Katrien says "Its important Roland has to trust them"
    How about employing a manager on merit who knows what type of player is needed for the championship because believe me Roly , Katrien or anyone else who may read this from the club, you really do not know what your doing and actually people connected to other clubs are starting to laugh at YOU and your so called football experiment, shame on you.

Starting?

Yeah, trusts him to do as he is told.
  • edited December 2015
    What will happen will be we play in front of 5k crowds in League 1 and any money made from young player sales will be creatively accounted out of the club when the owner decides he has had enough. We will be in a terrible state and the England team will have 3 or 4 of our academy players established in it! That is the future under this idiot and his faithful precious puppet.

Starting?
    Fair point
    Should of said have gone from laughing at YOU to uncontrollable laughter were milk has starting to stream from their noses.