Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Addicks v's Burnley Match Thread 19/12/15

Comments

• We cannot win when we take the lead, let us try coming from behind (keep it clean)
  • Four corners to their two, damn I wish we hadn't have had any :cry:
  • Leuth said:

Think our fans are more unbearable than our team atm

If I had to choose between

(1) Going to watch a drab Charlton performance with me on my own in the Stadium
    (2) Sitting in the Valley with no match being played listening to the fans moaning about performances

I'd take the first option every day... I know that option could happen sooner rather than later but I hope it does... Listening to the moaning around me makes watching a poor performance so much harder
  • I was going to say that we could win this then Burnley scored and Hendo went mad a AG

Neither side much in front of goal

Bauer and Diarra veg and Mk playing much better but Fox a liability

Hoping 1-1
  • Have some faith I think we can get a goal back.
  • The amount of injuries we are getting is a real worry....and coupled with a paper thin squad we are in a very bad place.....we are also 2nd from bottom at HT.
  • edited December 2015
    New half time tactic from Carol.

Apparently he's brought pencils and sketchbooks into the dressing room. He's now hoping to draw the match.
  • if RD takes us back down to L1 he's a fucking genius.

we'd already done the hard work getting out of that godforsaken league.
  • edited December 2015

Dansk_Red said:

RD & Colin will say we played well for 43mins

We are so shite it's shocking

Funny how those there are saying that the goal was completely against the run of play and that we've been unlucky with the fact that our best player Vaz Te has gone off injured.
    I'm thinking that you can't just put all these injuries down to luck. I think we've got a problem. I believe there's a link between our players lacking fitness for much of the season and the amount of injuries we've had. Something seems very wrong in that area.
    Lets wait and see what caused the Vaz Te injury... If he got taken out by a mistimed or accidental tackle from the Burnley player then there is little the fitness team can do.

In that respect people moan about the injuries this season but don't recall many being hamstrings or incidents that have happened without an opposition player being involved, only one that springs to mind is Simon Makienok against Wolves (Hamstring) yet that was because he'd barely played any football
  • Sponsored links:

• Leuth said:

Sounds like we've played well this half tbh, doesn't help anyone saying 'we're so shit' or suchlike, plainly we're not that shit

Obviously we are or we wouldn't keep losing and be in the bottom 3
  • colin1961 said:

No justice in football ..... Just not our season

You make your own luck. We're just not good enough, end of story.
  • As I said "we have to win to get out of bottom 3", EASY
  • ross1 said:

As I said "we have to win to get out of bottom 3", EASY

How many games left this season?
  • There are 234 Charlton fans at Turf Moor this afternoon. Thank you for your support. We salute you all. #cafc #CAFCLive
  • Leuth said:

ross1 said:

• If Vaz Te is out for a while that's a(nother) disaster
  • Leuth said:

ross1 said:

Only in the relegation zone by a point as well...
  • Can I also remind people that we are playing a side who were in the Premier League last season... Have got a huge parachute payment after their relegation and were able to spend £9m on one player.
  • There will be that many at the Valley come February
  • Sponsored links:

• colin1961 said:

Reading reports on Twitter sounds like we are well on top and playing really well again ... Simon M MOM at the moment but losing RTV is a massive lost in the way we want to play ....

RTV? Ricardo transvestite?
  • Dansk_Red said:

Funny how those there are saying that the goal was completely against the run of play and that we've been unlucky with the fact that our best player Vaz Te has gone off injured.
    We must be the unluckiest team in the league
    That's why we giving away 2 goal Leads letting in sack fulls and in the bottom 3
    Knew I was missing something
  • 1-0 at HT is better than I expected when looking at the team / squad before the game I guess.

It's another blooming long season just hoping to survive for, what, 3rd or 4th season in a row.
  • Leuth said:

It may have escaped the attentions of some present that there are at least 45 minutes remaining

And?
    Oh Yeh let in some more to make our goal difference worse
  • Teams back out now
  • I fear the floodgates will open when the legs start to go, but we'll see...
  • Cheer up everybody, at least another 45 minutes to go, who knows what might happen, and I bet you all have your own opinion
  • Teams unchanged at half time
  • Teams back out now

45 mins to keep the unbeaten run going...

• Dansk_Red said:

We must be the unluckiest team in the league
    That's why we giving away 2 goal Leads letting in sack fulls and in the bottom 3
    Knew I was missing something
    Funny isnt it that our better performances seem to be coming AWAY from the Valley... We might still be losing those matches but I read that more effort is put in there than at the Valley.

Wonder why?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!