Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Addicks v's Burnley Match Thread 19/12/15

Afternoon folks, another Saturday and another game, however can we get 3 points this time? If we are going to get anything here we need to play as a team and fight from the off. Injuries may see changes to the side, Lookman and JBG were withdrawn on Tuesday evening, so we could see Big Mac and Ba come in I suppose. I'm hoping we can at least get a point, but I fear the worst and another defeat. I'll bring you the teams as soon as I get them. In a more than hope than confident voice ....COYR's!!

Comments

• I have just heard that Jimmy Hill has passed away, how very sad............RIP Jimmy
  • Good luck Red.

Not expecting anything today, and the nightmare goes on.
  • Henderson, Solly, Bauer, Lennon, Fox, Diarra, Cousins, Jackson, Ghoochannejhad, Vaz Te, Makienok
  • CHARLTON SUBS | Pope, Sarr, Konsa, Holmes-Dennis, Bergdich, Charles-Cook, Ahearne-Grant
  • No Lookman or JBG in the 18 today.
  • Absolutely nothing on the bench. If the starting 11 can't get anything done we may as well pack it in today. Shame Lookman's out but I don't think Johann suits this system, whatever the hell it's meant to be, so it might be good to have three proper central midfielders playing.

Keeping them fit for the January sales.
  • Assuming 4-4-2 does that mean Reza and Cousins are our wide players?
  • Happy with Fox back as well as Bauer, leaving Diarra to play midfield. Guess that answers whether Lookman was injured.
  • Sponsored links:

• No sign of Seth yet, happy to cover if he doesn't show up.

I've got good previous results wise, honest. :-)
  • Looks to me like a diamond, Reza playing behind a front 2 of Mak an Vaz. Could be a 433 as well with Rez and Vaz either side of Mak. Doubt it's a 442 though.
  • edited December 2015
    Got to say that team looks weak and the subs bench even more so......paper thin squad is causing us massive problems. RD will need to spend and spend big in January or we will be watching League 1 football next season.
  • ross1 said:

No Ba

Ba humbug!
  • ross1 said:

Assuming 4-4-2 does that mean Reza and Cousins are our wide players?

Hopefully it'll be more of a 4-3-3 with Diarra sitting deeper, Cousins and Jackson sitting in the middle (and in theory one providing the creativity), with Vaz Te and Reza playing either side of Makienok. Given Karel's loose understanding of balance though we'll probably have Lennon marking their keeper and Cousins somewhere in the stands
  • Sorry Red, LOL you, but you are joking about RD spending big aren't you?
  • The only shred of optimism is it is a much physically stronger 11 than we have put out for a while. We have looked very weak physically recently.
  • Looking at that team, Lord I feel sorry for anyone who has battled their way up to Burnley today.

We lost 7-0 there more years ago than I care to remember. Could be a cricket score again today.
  • Sponsored links:

• ross1 said:

Sorry Red, LOL you, but you are joking about RD spending big aren't you?

Wishful thinking @ross1
  • Absolutely nothing on the bench. If the starting 11 can't get anything done we may as well pack it in today. Shame Lookman's out but I don't think Johann suits this system, whatever the hell it's meant to be, so it might be good to have three proper central midfielders playing.

Let's face it, regardless of formation, JBG hasn't done a whole lot all season and has been particularly out of form in recent weeks.

We all know that when on his game he's one of our best players, if not the best, but it's hard to argue on current form that he's a serious loss. Trouble is every senior player that drops out means another U12 on the bench.

Lookman is a big miss though as most of attacking impetus in recent weeks has come through him or Vaz Te.
  • ross1 said:

Hopefully it'll be more of a 4-3-3 with Diarra sitting deeper, Cousins and Jackson sitting in the middle (and in theory one providing the creativity), with Vaz Te and Reza playing either side of Makienok. Given Karel's loose understanding of balance though we'll probably have Lennon marking their keeper and Cousins somewhere in the stands
    The last couple of games, the midfield has been over run, which is why I thought it might be 4-4-2
  • F##k it just put my cash on us to win
    Without looking at line up
    No lookie means no lookman
    Bet 365 must have been pissing themselves when I put money on us to win

Keeping them fit for the January sales.
    Beat me to that.
  • ross1 said:

If it is 433 that side is actually pretty well suited to it. Both Jackson and Cousins should be comfortable operating slightly to one side or the other of central midfield and likewise Reza and Vaz Te both naturally work the channels and should want to get up alongside Big Mak and not leave him too isolated (as long as we occasionally have the ball).

I don't mind the look of first XI given what and who is available for selection, but that bench...
  • Big Mac needs to earn his 'dosh' today....how can a bloke who is 6'7" not win a header? Today he needs to impose himself on the Burnley defence from the start and keep it up all 90 mins.
  • Henderson

Solly Bauer Lennon Fox
    Diarra
    Vaz Te Jackson Cousins Reza
    Makienok

75% Possession to Burnley.
    1 shot on target Cafc
    1 shot off target Cafc
    1 Corner

Burnley 3 Charlton 0

201 away fans.
  • edited December 2015

CHARLTON SUBS | Pope, (23) Sarr (22) , Konsa (18) Holmes-Dennis (20 ), Bergdich(26) , Charles-Cook (18), Ahearne-Grant (18)

That's there ages not their league appearances by the way.

EDIT Just seen this tweet from Matt "bitter ex-employee" Wright

Matt Wright ‏@mattjobob 15m15 minutes ago
    Matt Wright Retweeted Charlton Athletic FC
    Our six outfield subs have an average age of 20 and a combined 37 starts (lge & cup). Inexperienced #cafc
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!