Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Addicks v's Burnley Match Thread 19/12/15

Comments

• Would people be happier with a bench that reads Pope Sarr Kashi Ceballos Vetokele Lookman Gudmundsson? Injuries are still a huge factor in our season IMO
  • Team currently playing out of form; bench full of Academy players; Manager showing a lack of tactical skill; Burnley looking for an immediate return to the Premier League.

Charlton away win.
  • How is Fox playing rather than HD
  • Burnley play 4-4-2, with Arfield on the left and Boyd on the right, of the central midfield of Barton & Jones, so we may be 4-4-2 to match up with them.
  • Fox and Makienok . Winning combo
  • Burnley-:
    01 Heaton
    02 Lowton
    04 Duff
    05 Keane
    06 Mee
    21 Boyd
    08 Marney
    13 Barton
    37 Arfield
    09 Vokes
    07 Gray
    Substitutes
    11 Kightly
    14 Jones
    15 Taylor
    18 Hennings
    22 Gilks
    23 Ward
    27 Darikwa
  • It must be cold in Burnley, players come out for warm-up, and half of them look frozen

I mentioned in my forecast team that I thought KF would rest THD for this game, he is young and looked tired on Tuesday
  • ross1 said:

No Ba

No loss
  • 30 minss till ko..............COYR's
  • Sponsored links:

Because HD spent a good portion of the second half vs Bolton getting beaten by Liam Feeney.
  • Burnley-:
    01 Heaton
    02 Lowton
    04 Duff
    05 Keane
    06 Mee
    21 Boyd
    08 Marney
    13 Barton
    37 Arfield
    09 Vokes
    07 Gray
    Substitutes
    11 Kightly
    14 Jones
    15 Taylor
    18 Hennings
    22 Gilks
    23 Ward
    27 Darikwa

Strong side and bench. I'm changing my 5-1 prediction to 8-0
  • Fox back says it all.............just when i hoped he wouldnt be seen again!
  • That starting line up looks fine to me, if there are any doubts about JBG and Lookman then save them for Christmas, Bristol, Wolves and Forest are all games which we ought to stand a better chance of winning. It will be interesting to see why Ba isn't on the bench, as that leaves us with no central midfield subs

I suspect the starting 11 will be competitive BUT the problems will come when players start to tire in the second half and we need to make changes
  • apologies up-front for any spelling mistakes or typos.
  • Fox back says it all.............just when i hoped he wouldnt be seen again!

THD had a poor game v a tricky winger in Feeny. Today Fox will be up against Gray.

At least Diarra is back in midfield where he can protect Lennon and Bauer.

Vaz te, Mak and Reza will be interesting.
  • @Addickted2TheReds if seth doesn't arrive can you do the game from Burnley viewpoint?
  • What position does Konsa play?
  • iaitch said:

What position does Konsa play?

Centre back converted from midfield.
  • @Addickted2TheReds if seth doesn't arrive can you do the game from Burnley viewpoint?

Yep, no problem.
  • Sponsored links:

• Very tough game today, just look at the strength of their squad including the subs. Such a contrast to ours with a wealth of championship experience. I can't remember the last time we got a point at Burnley and even the biggest optimist amongst us will struggle to predict us getting a point today. COYR, prove me wrong!!
  • iaitch said:

What position does Konsa play?

Centre back converted from midfield.
    Thanks.
  • Very tough game today, just look at the strength of their squad including the subs. Such a contrast to ours with a wealth of championship experience. I can't remember the last time we got a point at Burnley and even the biggest optimist amongst us will struggle to predict us getting a point today. COYR, prove me wrong!!

First season back in the Champ - we got all 3. Haynes.

No problems, 11 against 11, and ours play with a smile:-)
  • Wouldn't it be nice if Mak put in a performance to silence the critics.
    3-1 Burnley. We'll get to half time at 1-1 Vaz Te and Bauer will get injured coming back out of the tunnel for the 2nd half and our lack of options will do for us...again.
  • Let's hope Bauer stays on the pitch for the whole game this time.

• Diarra's turn for booking, just hope only one
  • Let's hope Bauer stays on the pitch for the whole game this time.

Disagree.

I want him to spend at least a minute in with the Charlton fans after he bangs in a last minute winner...
  • 10 mins till ko....................please get at least a point....lets kick off Christmas early......and I dont mean giving them early prezzies!!!
  • Joining you guys for the first time since Bolton away after Mum's passing.

Wish I was there but needs must at the moment .

COYA !!!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!