Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Bolton | Tue 15 Dec | 7:45pm KICK-OFF | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Neil Lennon will no doubt be hired by BBC or ITV for the Euros this Summer.

Worrying when you hear these comments from the Manager though... http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35084988... Surely if they're saying this they should be stepping down?

I haven't read that article .. and it's showing as a 404 when I click on .. always considered Lennon to be more suited to meedja than management .. i.e. he's a long winded know all with a nice haircut and a fecking awful accent .. just suited to contemporary telly .. BUT .. no digression .. COME ON YOU ADDICKS ((:>)
    I've amended the URL now so should work
    cheers .. having read that it does look like he's looking for a way out, probably without losing too much face if/when he's sacked/leaves by mutual hatred .. his compensation package is probably stuck somewhere in the 160 or whatever million debt (who allowed a smallish FL club to get so far into debt.. ridiculous) ..
    .. more confusion to our enemies .. thing is, will adversity be a right drain on the players or will it motivate them to really give it a good go, wages paid or not ? .. let's hope it's the former
    (what if Lawrie Wilson or darling Dorian score?.. He used to be awright .. but now he's ... )
  • If Lawrie Wilson scores we could sing the below but it don't have the best ring to it

He used to be alright, but now he scores against us like every other ex-Charlton player
  • If Lawrie Wilson scores we could sing the below but it don't have the best ring to it

He used to be alright, but now he scores against us like every other ex-Charlton player

Wilson will probably be watching in the stands, he's completely out of favour, which is saying something. Dervite didn't play on Saturday either.

As for the result, get an early goal and I think we'll win comfortably, as Bolton don't have the attacking threat and energy that Leeds had.

Don't score early and I can see this turning into an agonising and painful 0-0 evening of torture.

Wilson will probably be watching in the stands, he's completely out of favour, which is saying something. Dervite didn't play on Saturday either.

As for the result, get an early goal and I think we'll win comfortably, as Bolton don't have the attacking threat and energy that Leeds had.

Don't score early and I can see this turning into an agonising and painful 0-0 evening of torture.
    Bolton are a strange case at the moment... I watched them play Brentford on the TV the other week; Brentford took a 10min lead and throughout the match it was all them and they should have been about 3-0 up.

Bolton got a goal back out of no where and should have won it... From watching their tactics reckon there will be a lot of balls into the box (with Lennon being targeted), we need to ensure there are as few set pieces for them as possible
  • Absolute goal fest.

5 - 3 to the Addicks but only after the lead changes hands three times.
  • 3-1 to the Valiant Addicks. Fancy JBG to get one (must be due). Would prefer Ba to start over Cousins - think he is technically the better player and I also think Cousins looks a bit tired.
  • cafc-west said:

3-1 to the Valiant Addicks. Fancy JBG to get one (must be due). Would prefer Ba to start over Cousins - think he is technically the better player and I also think Cousins looks a bit tired.

I admire your bravery and forthright opinion .. BUT .. beware .. men have been tracked down and battered with used copies of Voice of the Valley for suggesting much less heresy than this ((:>)
  • Looking at the fixtures, Huddersfield play Rotherham on Tuesday, so that's another 6 pointer. I wouldn't like to call that one...
  • We should win so we will probably cock up. 2 - 2
  • Sponsored links:

• Small crowd but nice win, 2-0.
  • It will either be the worst night at the Valley since we were at home to Norwich.
    The 1st 45 minutes that night were dire. we were decent 2nd half when magic feet came on. The final score was 2-3 after being 2-0 down at half time.

If we could win, we have chances of looking up and not down but i have seen CAFC lose so many games home and away in the last few championship seasons that i really don't know over 90 plus minutes we're capable of winning unless the other team miss 3 or 4 clear cut chances. How we need a ball playing Midfielder, who can link the play.

A six pointer ? it feels more important than that.
  • If we don't win this we are in huge trouble (if we weren't already)

If we don't win I can't see how Fraeye can continue
  • Just for once it would be nice if we could comfortably beat the team at the bottom of the table.
  • If we don't win this we are in huge trouble (if we weren't already)

If we don't win I can't see how Fraeye can continue

I think we have KF in place until at least the summer no matter what happens.

He used to be alright, now he don't get paid shite.
  • 5-0 Charlton.

Lookman
    Mac hat trick.
    JBG
  • Early Christmas present for Notlob... You know how we like to give?

0-1
  • 0-2. The same script as PNE. We must win soooo we don't turn up. Plus we are fitness turkeys.
  • Daughters nativity tomorrow so I won't be there

Going for a 1-1 in front of 11,748
  • Sponsored links:

• Bolton squad is one of the weaker in the division and they have their own problems, so I'd say a Charlton win.
  • Bolton have not won away all season, they will win one sometime..............................
  • Absolutely zero chance of a win. Knackered squad, one man midfield , apathetic crowd and 4.1.4 formation.

Please Roly..put us out of our misery.

• Got a really bad feeling about this one. Similar to how I felt before the Preston game. Reckon we'll get done 2-1 with an injury time winner for Bolton.

Crowd announced as 11500 but actually in the ground 7000.
  • Win loose or draw? Who cares I will be counting black and white scarves!
  • Henderson
    Solly Sarr Lennon Holmes-Dennis
    Diarra Cousins Ba
    Reza Makienok Lookman

JBG needs a rest, Vaz Te was blowing all second half as was Jackson

Pope, Fox, RCC, Jackson, Vaz Te, KAG and JBG on the bench
  • C4FC4L1f3 said:

Win loose or draw? Who cares I will be counting black and white scarves!

There could be more black and white than red and white scarves at The Valley soon if the powers that be don't start listening. Beware the 2%!
  • sam3110 said:

Henderson
    Solly Sarr Lennon Holmes-Dennis
    Diarra Cousins Ba
    Reza Makienok Lookman

JBG needs a rest, Vaz Te was blowing all second half as was Jackson

Pope, Fox, RCC, Jackson, Vaz Te, KAG and JBG on the bench

I'd rather rest JBG at Burnley. I imagine Bolton will play deep to counter our pace, which should give our midfield space to play in