Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Stengthen the squad in January or be relegated

Comments

• RD and KM made it clear from the start that a lot of our first team players will come from the academy and with great credit to KF we are playing Lookman, Lennon, Solly, Cousins, Ahearne-Grant, Holmes-Dennis with Pope, Fox and Charles-Cook on the bench. This is the future for this club and a lot to be proud of. I would love for Harriot to come back and fight for a place in the side. If we are not going to play academy players what is the point of having an academy. Versus Leeds we were in the bottom 3 yet I did not see any nervousness in our performance and it was clear that everyone is playing for the manager.

Agree with all of this. But it's not enough is it ?

We need at least 3 more good players, who will improve us.
  • 1StevieG said:

Yet beaten QPR, Hull, Birmingham and Sheffield Wednesday who are all in the top half. Yes we need to strengthen but mainly to cover for the long term injured and maybe the sale of Watt will enable us to bring 2 or 3 in.

Bollocks to having to sell Tony Watt to fund transfers. These tight fisted twats have enough money to go out there and buy 3-4 players.
  • Uboat said:

Resurgent?! On what evidence?

Our recent results. Two good wins against sheff wed and Birmingham. We were desperately unlucky against the unbeaten league leaders Brighton. A battling point against a tough Leeds team. We had one bad game v Ipswich. On Tuesday we will all go nuts beating Bolton.

CAFC are not in the relegation frame!
    Ok, let me see...

We've won two of our last seven. Before that we went on a run of around 10 games without a win. For the whole season we've amassed four wins from 20. Yet we are not in the frame for relegation.

I have to admit mate, I'm scratching my head here.
    On paper that was a tough set of fixtures. 7 points from 15 ain't a bad return.
    We need to continue this good form.
    The thing is, 7 points from 15 is only really good if you haven't dicked up the previous ten fixtures and left yourself with a lot of work to do. We're one point outside the relegation zone despite this apparent glorious upturn in form. I'll take 7 points from a run of 7 tough fixtures if we're sitting mid-table. Otherwise it's just not going to cut it
  • Nicholas said:

1StevieG said:

Yet beaten QPR, Hull, Birmingham and Sheffield Wednesday who are all in the top half. Yes we need to strengthen but mainly to cover for the long term injured and maybe the sale of Watt will enable us to bring 2 or 3 in.

Bollocks to having to sell Tony Watt to fund transfers. These tight fisted twats have enough money to go out there and buy 3-4 players.
    Nicholas the owner has enough money to buy a whole new team but why do you think he should lose money. Are you willing to put money into the club, will you offer to pay more for a season ticket. Our ticket pricing is really competitive I blame the stay away fans for us not being able to afford better players and these are the fans who will come crawling back if we get in the prem
  • RD won't spend next month.

I think he will. He has to.

We will be signing players, Championship English players, but there won't be much of a net spend. Watt will complete a perm move giving a boost to the budget and a couple of fringe players will be sacrificed too. A commanding centre half is the top priority I believe and someone is lined-up, no name unfortunately.
  • RD won't spend next month.

We will be signing players, Championship English players, but there won't be much of a net spend. Watt will complete a perm move giving a boost to the budget and a couple of fringe players will be sacrificed too. A commanding centre half is the top priority I believe and someone is lined-up, no name unfortunately.
    I hope you're right Large. A commanding centre half is essential to play alongside Bauer, with Lennon as a good back up or even playing if the other 2 aren't.

2 creative midfielders as well and we may just stay up.
  • We'll essentially be repeating last season if we stay up. However we really are going about it in a very traumatic way. The longer the RD show goes on, the more I become convinced he hasn't got a clue. Managers get brought in, manager gets sacked. We've had a truck load of players signed since he took over, the only one I can officially say for me who has been consistent is Henderson (and even he's had injuries). The rest of them have either shown some promise and then faded, or just not been good enough, or left.

I really like what I see of Lookman and THD, but we can't put all our faith in hoping a few young lads might save the day. We'll get some players I imagine in January. I hope the lessons have been learnt with Betgdich etc and we don't have a glut foreign players who just aren't up to it.
  • What's the point of getting in new players when we do not have a manager that knows what he needs or even the calibre needed for the championship.
    He will get the deadbeats RD has in his rather pathetic circle of clubs or failures from Belgium.
    Nothing will improve until a start is made and that is a) get rid of KM as there is no confidence in the CEO and b) an experience manager with control and Championship experience is appointed.
  • edited December 2015

RD won't spend next month.

I hope you're right Large. A commanding centre half is essential to play alongside Bauer, with Lennon as a good back up or even playing if the other 2 aren't.

2 creative midfielders as well and we may just stay up.
    We could do with some players with experience and leadership qualities, to compliment and assist these promising youngsters we have. It's ridiculous that we worry about them falling apart if Jackson isn't on the pitch.
    I'd also like to see some natural width, as in a proper winger if you will.
    It's all very well putting JBG or Lookman etc out wide, but their natural tendency to drift in or wander often leaves our full backs horribly exposed.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited December 2015

Nicholas said:

1StevieG said:

Nicholas the owner has enough money to buy a whole new team but why do you think he should lose money. Are you willing to put money into the club, will you offer to pay more for a season ticket. Our ticket pricing is really competitive I blame the stay away fans for us not being able to afford better players and these are the fans who will come crawling back if we get in the prem
    Thank you for pointing out its the fans fault it all makes sense now. I'm sorry you wonderful Belgians. Fuck you fellow supporters you are scum not coming to the Valley to watch the free flowing football on offer.
  • I actually think we have some very good players and without injuries our best XI would give the better teams in this league a decent game. Injuries happen and our squad isn't prepared for this especially if our better players get hit.

People seem to focus on our squad being too small which is valid but I think the thing we're missing most is leadership. Aside from JJ and Henderson there aren't any other natural leaders in the team. A few strong personalities with experience of this league would make a huge difference.
  • Nicholas said:

1StevieG said:

You blame the fans for us not having better players?

Lol

You are one of them I assume attacking from afar. I blame the stay away fans only real supporters are those that attend games and spend their money on keeping this club alive. You can mock me and those who like this post but RD will not run this club at a loss and why should he. I am beginning to lose interest in this forum because there are a few negative fans who have nothing better to do with their lives than attack RD and KM when there is clearly no alterative.
  • Nicholas said:

Nicholas said:

1StevieG said:

Thank you for pointing out its the fans fault it all makes sense now. I'm sorry you wonderful Belgians. Fuck you fellow supporters you are scum not coming to the Valley to watch the free flowing football on offer.
    I have been coming to the Valley for 34 years and in the main watching shit football but thankfully for you I and thousands of others do because if we did not you would not have a team to watch.
  • Nicholas said:

Nicholas said:

1StevieG said:

I have been coming to the Valley for 44 years and in the main watching shit football but thankfully for you I and thousands of others do because if we did not you would not have a team to watch.
  • Sponsored links:

• >

I have been coming to the Valley for 34 years and in the main watching shit football but thankfully for you I and thousands of others do because if we did not you would not have a team to watch.

I have been coming to the Valley for 44 years and in the main watching shit football but thankfully for you I and thousands of others do because if we did not you would not have a team to watch.

I have been coming to the Valley for 54 years and in the main watching shit football but thankfully for you I and thousands of others do because if we did not you would not have a team to watch.

I have been coming to the Valley for 64 years and in the main watching shit football but thankfully for you I and thousands of others do because if we did not you would not have a team to watch.

pick a number
    You have a 25% chance of being correct :wink:
  • >

I have been coming to the Valley for 54 years and in the main watching shit football but thankfully for you I and thousands of others do because if we did not you would not have a team to watch.

I have been coming to the Valley for 64 years and in the main watching shit football but thankfully for you I and thousands of others do because if we did not you would not have a team to watch.

pick a number
    Sorry I made a mistake it is 44 years pity you have nothing better to do with your time than mock me
  • Feeling younger than you really are? Don't worry mate, we're all wishing we could knock 10 years off :wink:
  • Feeling younger than you really are? Don't worry mate, we're all wishing we could knock 10 years off :wink:

It's definitely aged me lately :disappointed:
  • Nicholas said:

Nicholas said:

Nicholas said:

1StevieG said:

Don't talk shit to me about thankfully for you going we would not have team watch. I have missed one home game in 20 years. I have put a huge chunk of my money, time and life into this club and always will. I don't expect to win the league I dont even care about promotion I just want to go to the valley and enjoy myself, enjoy the fact I never know what I'm gonna get. At the minute I know exactly what I am going to get, shit untried foreign players, a load of kids chucked in too early and if any are good enough they will be sold straight away. A club more interested in selling lounge packages then it is on the team. Crap gimmicks like sofa's. A owner who doesn't care about the club, A CEO who lies and talks shit and takes the piss out of fans. Then she has the cheek to start target 20k are they fucking mad!! we can barely get 10k through the gates how are they going to double that figure with the shit they offer us. They are either too ignorant or just plain pig headed to see how much they are killing this club.
    Yes I see what you mean because the last 10 years have been so wonderful that it is now RD and KM who at fault. Get your facts right it is because thousands not just me of supporters have not turned their back on the club that we are still here fact. The owner has put millions of pounds in paying off debt from the previous wonderful Chairmen we have had. Bringing in a load of kids to early offensive to Lookman, Fox, Lennon, Ahearn-Grant and others who have been outstanding considering all the change of staff that has been going on. We have a common interest that we both support Charlton and that neither of us is able to put Millions into the Valley, training ground or playing staff. As I have said before this is not the worst chairman we have ever had nor the worst team and I for one could not afford a season ticket at most of the other London clubs. You are really unhappy with the way the club is run but a bit of advise don't take it out on me or anyone else that does not agree with you, if we sat next to each other we would still have the same desire to see the team win don't forget that
  • Sounds like the prat who sits behind me in the Lower West. Can't stand the man with the shit he talks when the issue is so clear at our club.

It most definitely is not the fans who are at fault for the state we are in. I'm tired of people at the top not taking responsibility and people thinking everything is rosey when if we don't have a huge improvement we will be playing Northampton home and away next season and it won't be in a cup replay.
  • Sage said:

Sounds like the prat who sits behind me in the Lower West. Can't stand the man with the shit he talks when the issue is so clear at our club.

It most definitely is not the fans who are at fault for the state we are in. I'm tired of people at the top not taking responsibility and people thinking everything is rosey when if we don't have a huge improvement we will be playing Northampton home and away next season and it won't be in a cup replay.

Sage apologises if this is not meant for me but if it is send me a PM and I will let you have my details because I do indeed sit in the Lower West
  • Nicholas said:

Nicholas said:

Nicholas said:

1StevieG said:

Don't talk shit to me about thankfully for you going we would not have team watch. I have missed one home game in 20 years. I have put a huge chunk of my money, time and life into this club and always will. I don't expect to win the league I dont even care about promotion I just want to go to the valley and enjoy myself, enjoy the fact I never know what I'm gonna get. At the minute I know exactly what I am going to get, shit untried foreign players, a load of kids chucked in too early and if any are good enough they will be sold straight away. A club more interested in selling lounge packages then it is on the team. Crap gimmicks like sofa's. A owner who doesn't care about the club, A CEO who lies and talks shit and takes the piss out of fans. Then she has the cheek to start target 20k are they fucking mad!! we can barely get 10k through the gates how are they going to double that figure with the shit they offer us. They are either too ignorant or just plain pig headed to see how much they are killing this club.
    Yes I see what you mean because the last 10 years have been so wonderful that it is now RD and KM who at fault. Get your facts right it is because thousands not just me of supporters have not turned their back on the club that we are still here fact. The owner has put millions of pounds in paying off debt from the previous wonderful Chairmen we have had. Bringing in a load of kids to early offensive to Lookman, Fox, Lennon, Ahearn-Grant and others who have been outstanding considering all the change of staff that has been going on. We have a common interest that we both support Charlton and that neither of us is able to put Millions into the Valley, training ground or playing staff. As I have said before this is not the worst chairman we have ever had nor the worst team and I for one could not afford a season ticket at most of the other London clubs. You are really unhappy with the way the club is run but a bit of advise don't take it out on me or anyone else that does not agree with you, if we sat next to each other we would still have the same desire to see the team win don't forget that
    It's hard to argue that Ahearne-Grant wasn't brought in too first team Championship action too early. 17 appearances for us up-top and 1 goal, now low confidence and doesn't get a sniff. They are playing with fire with the age they are trying to bring them in, it's doable if you have the experience around them but we don't, we have a very young team.