Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Leeds - Post Match Thread

0-0

Sounded like we were on our last legs towards the end so I suppose it's a point gained. Winnable game though so an opportunity lost, but seems we just have too many players in the first team that are not match fit at the moment.

Look forward to the feedback from those there

Comments

• @RogDog_CAFC: Decent game. Both sides had some great chances but my word, Ademola Lookman is an exciting young player with a big future #cafc
  • new manager bounce!
  • Lookman was class. Not much to the game really, Henderson made 2 top saves and the Leeds forward that missed a sitter should be ashamed of himself.
    Evans gets rounder by the day.
  • edited December 2015
    Just got in and read the BBC stats .. seems it was anything but a bore draw .. we are out of the bum 3 .. looks as though the Millers,the Dons and the Trotters are going down, specially after we do them on Tuesday .. three poor teams though MK deservedly beat terrible us at their lovely ground .. Bristol Titty, sorry City are coming good at last .. I have said since the start that they are too good to go down ..

On to Turf Moor .. Burnley have lost a lot of good players lately and are right out of form recently .. that game and the one at Brissol will show how we are really making out .. I am REALLY looking forward to seeing both games .. COME ON YOU ADDICKS !!
  • Not the worst 0-0 I've ever seen. We were lucky to hold on in the end. How they missed that sitter is beyond me.
    Reza played well as did Solly and Henderson.
    Point gained.
  • Just got in and read the BBC stats .. seems it was anything but a bore draw .. we are out of the bum 3 .. looks as though the Millers,the Dons and the Trotters are going down, three poor teams though MK deservedly beat terrible us at their lovely ground .. Bristol Titty, sorry City are coming good at last .. I have said since the start that they are too good to go down ..

On to Turf Moor .. Burnley have lost a lot of good players lately and are right out of form recently .. that game and the one at Brissol will show how we are really making out .. I am REALLY looking forward to seeing both games .. COME ON YOU ADDICKS !!

Dont you mean Bolton you've that game on Tuesday along with my preview to look forward to first
  • Sponsored links:

• Lucky to escape with a point after their missed chances, a decent side could have put 3 past us in the last 15 mins.

What a player Lookman is though, really hope we can hang onto him in January.
  • Just got in and read the BBC stats .. seems it was anything but a bore draw .. we are out of the bum 3 .. looks as though the Millers,the Dons and the Trotters are going down, three poor teams though MK deservedly beat terrible us at their lovely ground .. Bristol Titty, sorry City are coming good at last .. I have said since the start that they are too good to go down ..

Dont you mean Bolton you've that game on Tuesday along with my preview to look forward to first
    lol .. just belatedly added that to my wonderful write up .. a real 200 pointer on Tuesday against the unpaid and desperate . . but back in my childhood/yoof, many moons gone, Notlob was one of those 'we never beat at the valley' teams, big Sam Allardyce an all
  • under the cosh for last 15 so will settle for a point.

not a lot in up till then.

impressed by THD, Lennon and Lookie.

red was bald.
  • oh and my gran's gran's gran could have finished that chance Leeds had.
  • "It's a palindrome, innit?"

"What? The palindrome of Bolton is Notlob."

• End to end action with absolutely zero finishing talent, a shit and boring game that could have ended 6-6, but for poor finishing from both sides didn't

Reza shooting from 30 yards twice with a shot that was hit with the aggression of a hard pass was absolutely unforgivable... Still worked hard though.

Lennon really held his own against Wood. Definitely not a handicap having him in the team which was very reassuring.

Vaz Te definitely contributes, like having him in the team.

Lookman is decent, offers the same kind of thing as Tony Watt, but without being a complete twat.

Liked the role that Cousins was playing, dipping into the gap whenever a defender went for something, he played the role well, but I feel he can be better deployed a bit further up the field.

All in all a boring game, no real criticisms of anyone.. No real heroes either.
  • I enjoyed that. End to end stuff. We had good chances to be 2-0 up through Reza and Vaza but Leeds squandered the easier opportunities. Diarra could've won it at the death but his looping header was too weak. On to Tuesday and a six-pointer.
  • Sponsored links:

• They do tend to tell it as it is....

@jdklufc: A shit game played by two shit teams #lufc #cafc

Bullshit... Thought it was an end2end game from chances from both sides, another day and that would have finished 3-3... today was all about the Goalkeepers both of which made some good saves
    First half was dodgy, second half was good.
  • Oggy Red said:

"It's a palindrome, innit?"

No it aint .......a palindrome a word or phrase that reads the same backwards.........like 0-0 or
    “Cain, a motor erotomaniac was Eve,” said I as Eve saw Cain, “a motor erotomaniac!”

• Entertaining match not least because both sides kept the ball on the ground due to wind. We had more chances right up to a good build up led to a rather tame shot by Vaz Te on the hour. After that we were under the cosh and they missed one sitter and their bloke blocked another. Thought Solly had a good match as did Lennon. I am savouring every moment of Lookman and on this performance, THD who was very assured in his natural position. Agree Reza was lively but he really should get in the box before shooting for goal.
  • Kids did great
  • Poor Leeds team who probably should have won. Vaz Te should have scored. Some of their missed chances were unbelievable. Thought the manager picked the right team and got his tactics about right. Clean sheet and 3 points Tuesday will make it a good result. Lennon, Holmes Dennis and Lookman will improve game on game. Not all doom and gloom yet, maybe Tuesday ?
  • I actually enjoyed the game. For a nil nil it was
    pretty decent. We looked to keep possession and at times we looked dangerous in the final third.
    Aside from a twenty minute spell in the second half we looked fairly comfortable.
    Notable mentions to Lennon who looked very assured and Lookman who was a thorn in their side throughout. How many Leeds players got yellows for fouls on him?
    Certainly an improvement on the Ipswich game without suggesting we have the squad to push on with any real verve.
  • Solid performance in a difficult match. Would love to see JBG given a go in the centre alongside JJ, may give us more creation - teams have sussed him out on the right.
  • Got away with a point, their finishing woeful,Reza back to his normal useless self.

However end to end apart from last 15, Vaz te and lookman very promising.

Badly need a proper manager who understands football, let alone English football we are so unfit it's embarrassing.
  • The big positive is the kids who have come in all look good enough for this level and ready for the challenge.
    it reflects great credit on the youth set up that we can bring these kids in and they don't look out of place in the slightest.
  • Well done to all the players who came through the youth team. I thought Solly, Lennon, Holmes=Dennis, Cousins, and Lookman all played well and it says a lot for the Youth Academies and the Academy Coaches. The game was even but I thought Dirty Leeds were the better team in the Second half.