Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New manager

Comments

• See that Reading are looking at Dennis Bergkamp.
    If we have to have a foreign manager/coach why can't we consider someone like that?

See that Reading are looking at Dennis Bergkamp.
    If we have to have a foreign manager/coach why can't we consider someone like that?

Wrong nationality
    Left a bit..that's it.
  • When will they tell us that Karel is first team coach until the end of the season. When it is over I suspect, it is obvious that they are not looking for another coach so why lie to the fans about it.
  • colin1961 said:

Is that why Hamer and Solly played all games under Riga ....

Riga confirmed in an interview last week that he was not told what players he had to play.

Doesn't mean that Powell or others weren't.
  • I just want a manager that has proven he is up to the task not just someone already on the pay roll.

Shipping KF over here is arrogant, lazy incompetent from RD and shows why he will never delivery a football club we can be part of or feel like we are going on a journey.
  • pioneer said:

colin1961 said:

Riga confirmed in an interview last week that he was not told what players he had to play.

In an interview a while back he said there was pressure to play certain players, but he told them that those players weren't good enough and he was eventually left alone. Unless that was made up on here that is.
  • Is that why Riga got the Sack....

Riga didn't get the sack, he didn't get a new contract is all.
  • cfgs said:

pioneer said:

colin1961 said:

In an interview a while back he said there was pressure to play certain players, but he told them that those players weren't good enough and he was eventually left alone. Unless that was made up on here that is.
    very likely
  • Has steve clarke been fixed up yet ?
  • edited December 2015
    markmc68 said:

Has steve clarke been fixed up yet ?

no, Fulham have/are appointing Stuart Gray

edited - Gray appointed Senior Coach and will take charge until a new Head Coach is appointed
  • Sponsored links:

• For several weeks I have not posted, just absorbing the news around the place. I think the most frustrating thing in all of this right now is that we still have time to save our status in The Championship. We see credible candidates coming and going yet we seem to be stuck with Karel. Either RD/KM tell us he is here for the season or go and do something positive about getting the next coach/manager before we are cut too far adrift that even Alex Ferguson could not get us back to safety. And the risible news of Bergdych being let go... who decided that? Did Karel have input? If he did then he has to remain as he will have an idea of the team he wants to play. Let's stop the charade of looking for a new manager. If it is not him then in fact why even employ a coach/manager? Let's just have KM do it. After all she seems rubbish at the CEO role, why not see if she fits the manager role as well.
  • markmc68 said:

Has steve clarke been fixed up yet ?

no, Fulham have/are appointing Stuart Gray

edited - Gray appointed Senior Coach and will take charge until a new Head Coach is appointed
    Gray is a very shrewd appointment who did very well at the massives. Again, we clearly aren't looking at people like this. There is zero plan to consider anyone outside of Roland's network and his scout's Belgian laptops.
  • it will be Karel until the end of the season until Marc Wilmots is available after the Euros

Plenty of time to get those English lessons in then.
  • I agree with the last post but it is essential that we get an experienced manager. QPR,Brentford and Blackburn have all made good appointments of proven managers at football league level or more. It is just not acceptable for the club to bring over an "interim head coach" and just leave him there with seemingly no effort to appoint a new manager.If they really intended appointing one he would be in situ by now.
    Why can't they be honest and just say that KF is there for the foreseeable future then we will know where we are and start planning for League 1. Surely they must realise that players are needed urgently and they won't come if they are any good with a third rater at the helm and an incompetent CEO. I am constantly baffled that RD seems to have death wish for the club, he wont get youngsters e can sell on if we are in League1.
    It is so sad
  • edited December 2015
    Blackburn, QPR and Fulham all parted way with their managers around the same time we did. All have appointed a new manager. There's no excuse for Katrien Meire not to have not appointed someone by now instead of Karel 'Minus Three' Fraeye.
  • He fits the Duchie model of youth above all else. All our managers have to be under 40 and the majority of players under 24. How else could Duchie possibly increase value? By getting promoted? Surely not!
  • Is Colins account a parody account???? Marc Wilmots? Have a day off mate.

Wilmots has been rumoured since before Peeters took over. Bit of a running joke now but wouldn't surprise me if it happens.

Wilmots has been rumoured since before Peeters took over. Bit of a running joke now but wouldn't surprise me if it happens.
    From Kompany to Sarr,
    From Hazard to Ba,
    From Lukaku to who?
  • Sponsored links:

• 'From Lukaku to Lookman' has a good ring to it.
  • maybe he is learning English so he can take over in the summer

Well he's turned down Schalke, so obviously he's waiting for the call....

• edited December 2015
    Here he is at last - the perfect Charlton coach, who really understands our game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKiQIchQcJ4

• Can't believe I just watched that whole video.
  • As soon as he opened his trap I turned it off
  • Gary Monk now available :open_mouth:
  • Monk from Swansea just been sacked. Yes please
  • markmc68 said:

Monk from Swansea just been sacked. Yes please

No chance, he'll want more than 10 quid a week.
  • Rodgers back to Swansea
    McDermont back to Reading
    Clough back to Burton
    Powell Dowie Parkinson Riga Curbs back to Charlton