Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New manager

Comments

• skywalker said:

colin1961 said:

colin1961 said:

Frederick Vanderbeist

Will he be a caretaker until Marc Wilmots arrives in the Summer? @colin1961
    We have tired twice to get Wilmots so third time lucky ...... close friend of RD
    Please stop with this utter bollocks.

Why would the manager of Belgium give up the likes of managing hazard, de Bruyne, Kompany etc etc to spend his mornings on the training ground with Morgan Fox and Naby Sarr? And then get the boot after 3 months.
    Wilmots doesn't speak English. His next gig (the sooner the better) will be some German club ...
    I would argue that nearly all Belgians under 60 speak English.

We just threw away a two goal lead to lose a match. Colin is out in full force. The board is teeming with posts. And this is still the most bizarre comment I've read in days. Well done.
    Righto.

• colin1961 said:

colin1961 said:

Frederick Vanderbeist

We have tired twice to get Wilmots so third time lucky ...... close friend of RD

Why would the manager of Belgium give up the likes of managing hazard, de Bruyne, Kompany etc etc to spend his mornings on the training ground with Morgan Fox and Naby Sarr? And then get the boot after 3 months.

Better telly over here.
    Haha, i wonder if there is an ulterior motive behind the moves to Charlton for our managers as the club is hardly popular with the supporters at the moment!

Guy moved as his Mrs wanted to be part of the music scene but what about the rest? Was BP hoping to rekindle his love with some toothless old millwall slosher while he was here?
  • With this useless mob in charge wouldn't be surprised if our next manager was a women, with no experiance of football and unable to speak English.
  • After the last 10 minutes yesterday I didn't think anything could make me laugh today, but make money out of Charlton?
  • KINSELLA7 said:

After the last 10 minutes yesterday I didn't think anything could make me laugh today, but make money out of Charlton?

He thinks he can. There's a difference.
  • Nothing to find in Belgian media on Fredrik Vanderbiest WRT Charlton ...
  • Sponsored links:

• Where did Wyn Grant here this ?
  • Where did Wyn Grant here this ?

From his very early delivery of his copy of Duchalet Times.
    Motto "Bis emptum, vile emptum"
    (Buy cheap, buy twice)
  • skywalker said:

colin1961 said:

colin1961 said:

Frederick Vanderbeist

Wilmots doesn't speak English. His next gig (the sooner the better) will be some German club ...
    Carl Zeiss Jena.

And then us.
  • With this useless mob in charge wouldn't be surprised if our next manager was a women, with no experiance of football and unable to speak English.

You've just summarised KM
  • skywalker said:

colin1961 said:

colin1961 said:

Frederick Vanderbeist

Carl Zeiss Jena.

And then us.
    could be a good choice as manager .... even though he's dead
  • Things are so bad that I'd sooner have Phil Parkinson back.
    Never in a million years thought I'd say that!
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:

I just don't get why, if you remotely cared about the football performance and progression, why you'd keep employing managers from a poor Belgian league who have proved over and over again that they are too inexperienced, inept, and out of their depth.

It's quite clear that Roland Duchatelet and Katrien Meire couldn't care less about the future of the actual football club and what division we're in. All they care about is having the club exist enough to farm footballers in and out of to make them money. That's it. No grand plan, just that. They have to go.

I'm not sure it's even about making money. Just an experiment to see if things can be done differently.
    I wish he would piss off and carry out his experiment elsewhere.
  • Scoham said:

I just don't get why, if you remotely cared about the football performance and progression, why you'd keep employing managers from a poor Belgian league who have proved over and over again that they are too inexperienced, inept, and out of their depth.

It's quite clear that Roland Duchatelet and Katrien Meire couldn't care less about the future of the actual football club and what division we're in. All they care about is having the club exist enough to farm footballers in and out of to make them money. That's it. No grand plan, just that. They have to go.

I'm not sure it's even about making money. Just an experiment to see if things can be done differently.
    Well, it's quite clear that it can't
  • Frederick Wildebeest .. just another of Roland's herd

For some reason things have really got to me today with RD/KM and (unusually) I've not laughed at anything in the forum. Thank god for you Lincsaddick! This is brilliant!
  • If this is the fella in question, it hardly looks like we're unleashing the biest.

Maybe we should employ the beast who smashed that big black ruler onto his head?

I can't stop laughing now - delirium
  • skywalker said:

colin1961 said:

colin1961 said:

Frederick Vanderbeist

Carl Zeiss Jena.

And then us.
    could be a good choice as manager .... even though he's dead
    And this one!! I'm on a roll!!
  • I wonder if we have been analysing the experiment from the wrong angle. Perhaps the priority is to fist find a young and importantly cheap head coach. The method they are using is to bring in a string of unknown coaches on short contracts to try them out. While this is going on the player farm is running on low power with the knowledge that emergency loans can be used to overcome any major failings in the young head coaches.

Once a head coach proves they really have something to offer (the appointed one?) then the player farm moves up a few gears and the head coach is allowed more influence and able to 'acquire' players of a higher standard and price. This process allows the acquisition team more team time to practice their 'scouting' and enhance their knowledge of the Championship.

Obviously it's not the sort of plan that RD and KM can go public with so they just have to keep stringing us along, at minimal cost, until they strike lucky and uncover a super head coach - if they ever do !!!
  • HexHex
    edited December 2015

Hex said:

I wonder if we have been analysing the experiment from the wrong angle. Perhaps the priority is to fist find a young and importantly cheap head coach. The method they are using is to bring in a string of unknown coaches on short contracts to try them out. While this is going on the player farm is running on low power with the knowledge that emergency loans can be used to overcome any major failings in the young head coaches.

Once a head coach proves they really have something to offer (the appointed one?) then the player farm moves up a few gears and the head coach is allowed more influence and able to 'acquire' players of a higher standard and price. This process allows the acquisition team more team time to practice their 'scouting' and enhance their knowledge of the Championship.

Obviously it's not the sort of plan that RD and KM can go public with so they just have to keep stringing us along, at minimal cost, until they strike lucky and uncover a super head coach - if they ever do !!!

Would it not just be cheaper to employ a good coach in the first place ?

The same could be said for player acquisitions but I suspect it's all about discovering
    young talent, whether player or head coach.
  • colin1961 said:

Frederick Vanderbeist

Does the sofa know?!
  • skywalker said:

Perhaps 70% of Flemish and 10, max.15% of Walloons speak English. In the North we have subtitled AlloAllo, Game of thrones, live at the apollo, Graham Norton, Jonathan Ross and the Great British bake off. In the Southern part of the country .... it's Louis de Funès, French television shows and Game of Thrones dubbed. They never did hear John Wayne or Sean Connery speak, but some actor dubbing everything.

You poor guy Skywalker, do you think Rolands using Charlton to gain some perverse revenge for us inflicting that lot upon you?
    No, that's done for Geordie Shore ...