Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New manager

Comments

• Not sure why all the speculation, when the latest puppet moves on he will be replaced by an equally baffling appointment. There is intelligence behind our direction and leadership, so why bother trying to second guess these numpties.
  • According to Belgian journalist Sven Claes Fred Vanderbiest is at The Valley this week with other young Belgian coaches doing an internship for their pro-license degree.

Apparently the best man wins a 3-year interim contract (he didn't say) ;-)
  • According to Belgian journalist Sven Claes Fred Vanderbiest is at The Valley this week with other young Belgian coaches doing an internship for their pro-license degree.

So he's not on our short list then ?

I was at the Valley today and there were no coaches there.

More likely that they would have been at Sparrows Lane in any case
  • Hex said:

I wonder if we have been analysing the experiment from the wrong angle. Perhaps the priority is to fist find a young and importantly cheap head coach. The method they are using is to bring in a string of unknown coaches on short contracts to try them out. While this is going on the player farm is running on low power with the knowledge that emergency loans can be used to overcome any major failings in the young head coaches.

Once a head coach proves they really have something to offer (the appointed one?) then the player farm moves up a few gears and the head coach is allowed more influence and able to 'acquire' players of a higher standard and price. This process allows the acquisition team more team time to practice their 'scouting' and enhance their knowledge of the Championship.

Obviously it's not the sort of plan that RD and KM can go public with so they just have to keep stringing us along, at minimal cost, until they strike lucky and uncover a super head coach - if they ever do !!!

Personally I think the only reason RD hires younger inexperienced coaches is that they are much less likely to question him over the football business plan, as they know without him they will get no where near a club of our size again, it is why I think Riga was not kept on(although him turning up at Standard is still bizarre), seems he uses the same policy for hiring CEOs too.

Quality is not needed, just obedience.
    Bingo. Add in they are cheap. Also it works on all other posts such as CEO. It's a sad sad state of affairs, one which I posted about very early doors - he puts people who will obey him in the important positions, the goal is everything but first team success because everyone knows that you have to pump a lot of money in to achieve that. Of course he wouldn't say no to it but there is no way we will achieve it, you can win League One with youngsters but you can't win the Championship with them and no experience.
  • Hex said:

I wonder if we have been analysing the experiment from the wrong angle. Perhaps the priority is to fist find a young and importantly cheap head coach. The method they are using is to bring in a string of unknown coaches on short contracts to try them out. While this is going on the player farm is running on low power with the knowledge that emergency loans can be used to overcome any major failings in the young head coaches.

Once a head coach proves they really have something to offer (the appointed one?) then the player farm moves up a few gears and the head coach is allowed more influence and able to 'acquire' players of a higher standard and price. This process allows the acquisition team more team time to practice their 'scouting' and enhance their knowledge of the Championship.

Obviously it's not the sort of plan that RD and KM can go public with so they just have to keep stringing us along, at minimal cost, until they strike lucky and uncover a super head coach - if they ever do !!!

Personally I think the only reason RD hires younger inexperienced coaches is that they are much less likely to question him over the football business plan, as they know without him they will get no where near a club of our size again, it is why I think Riga was not kept on(although him turning up at Standard is still bizarre), seems he uses the same policy for hiring CEOs too.

Quality is not needed, just obedience.
    Bingo. Add in they are cheap. Also it works on all other posts such as CEO. It's a sad sad state of affairs, one which I posted about very early doors - he puts people who will obey him in the important positions, the goal is everything but first team success because everyone knows that you have to pump a lot of money in to achieve that. Of course he wouldn't say no to it but there is no way we will achieve it, you can win League One with youngsters but you can't win the Championship with them and no experience.
    The problem with this theory that quality is not important only being cheap and obedient is only possible if you accept that the coach has no control over team selection which I don't buy into at all.

• Serious question: would you take Dowie as first team manager now?
  • Sponsored links:

• Valley11 said:

Serious question: would you take Dowie as first team manager now?

I'd rather take Bowie

I'd definitely take Bowie...
  • I hadn't even thought about how young our most recent crop of managers have been...

Its just a joke...

We need to ramp up the protests... we need to start being hugely vocal all game, every game...

and to think we just " take " KM laughing at us and taking photos...

I'm disgusted...

We all feel powerless... well come the season ticket renewals we will see a huge drop... and in many ways I hope so...
  • maybe a new campaign "What do we need to do to get you to leave?" The obvious answer being stump up about 20 million... So frustrating
  • We certainly need some positive action quickly, the longer it goes on the worse we are going to be.
  • Nothing surprises me with the Belgians anymore.
  • I've got no issues with us signing a Foreign Manager... the likes of Hasselbaink / Flores / Martinez / Jokanovic / Villas Boas etc. have all proved that they can do a job here in the English Leagues (albeit, two of those names have been in England before).

What I'm getting fed up with is the fact we only seem to look into the Belgian market... We sign players from all over Europe based on the Scouting Network and because its cheaper than going English (fair enough I get that), surely though these scouts can also spot a good Manager doing well in Spain / Germany / Portugal etc...
  • Scoham said:

I just don't get why, if you remotely cared about the football performance and progression, why you'd keep employing managers from a poor Belgian league who have proved over and over again that they are too inexperienced, inept, and out of their depth.

It's quite clear that Roland Duchatelet and Katrien Meire couldn't care less about the future of the actual football club and what division we're in. All they care about is having the club exist enough to farm footballers in and out of to make them money. That's it. No grand plan, just that. They have to go.

I'm not sure it's even about making money. Just an experiment to see if things can be done differently.
    You're quite right of course. But he must have shit for brains, if he can't see what's happening.
  • dickplumb said:

It has come from Wyn Grant.

Rumours have been circulating that Frederick Vanderbeist, the coach of Club Brugge, is to be the next head coach at Charlton. He is Belgian. However, I have not been able to find any independent confirmation of these rumours, not least from Belgian sources. It looks like one of those rumours that has developed a momentum of its own, so for now the Vanderbeast is staying in Bruges.

Posted by Wyn Grant at 06:26
    I think it started on Glynne Jones' mailing list (not posted by Glynne). I've not been able to find anything to back it up either.
    Is Glynne still doing the mailing list? Bloody Hell....
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:

I just don't get why, if you remotely cared about the football performance and progression, why you'd keep employing managers from a poor Belgian league who have proved over and over again that they are too inexperienced, inept, and out of their depth.

It's quite clear that Roland Duchatelet and Katrien Meire couldn't care less about the future of the actual football club and what division we're in. All they care about is having the club exist enough to farm footballers in and out of to make them money. That's it. No grand plan, just that. They have to go.

I'm not sure it's even about making money. Just an experiment to see if things can be done differently.
    You're quite right of course. But he must have shit for brains, if he can't see what's happening.
    Maybe the CEO is telling him that everything is fine and dandy
  • colin1961 said:

Is that why Hamer and Solly played all games under Riga ....

Solly did not play all games under Riga
  • And colin was not born in 1961.
  • LoOkOuT said:

And colin was not born in 1961.

He does not look it from his picture.
  • See that Reading are looking at Dennis Bergkamp.
    If we have to have a foreign manager/coach why can't we consider someone like that?
  • See that Reading are looking at Dennis Bergkamp.
    If we have to have a foreign manager/coach why can't we consider someone like that?

Wrong nationality
  • Everyone is moaning, yet we have not see one Credible source so far have we?

Chill out ffs.