Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Addicks v's Brighton match thread 5/12/15

Comments

• Big news for #cafc today is that Harry Lennon and Ricardo Vaz Te start. No Jackson (hamstring). Naby Sarr dropped to bench.

Sarr looks so unsteady on his feet, the wind would probably blow him over!

A tough place to make your Championship debut at CB, Zamora will be a real test
    Ironically Harry has played against Zamora in an U21 game and did well - more of the same today H.
  • Midfield is very weak but that's our achilles anyway. Let's see how that goes.
  • Radio London had a decent package of interviews with Charlton fans on the way to Brighton. All spoke very eloquently and sensibly, and afterwards the always excellent Phil Parry described the management situation at Charlton as "absolutely ludicrous".
  • Seth - just so you know, I've plugged my headphones in, so I won't be able to hear if you call for me. My door is shut too.

Lock and load let's get this typing hype on
  • 5 mins till ko....COYR's
  • Their blokes (not Nathan) are scathing about our managerial shenanigans.
    'In this league you need a manager who knows the league, they are a side who are struggling and only going one way'
    Nathan Jones 'proud of my association with Charlton', looking forward to meeting up with a 'lot of good friends'.
  • Teams on way out...........here we go............COYR's 3 very surprising points please!!!
  • I think Reza will play on the right.
  • PaddyP17 said:

I'd rather watch this team: Henderson, Solly, Lennon, Bauer, Fox, Kennedy, Cousins, Jackson, THD, Lookman, Ahearne-Grant.

If it's shit, then I'd rather it was (largely) OUR shit.

But still, the team today will at least test my typing: Ghoochannejhad to Makienok! He plays it in to Ahearne-Grant, who in turn feeds Gudmundsson, who plays in Holmes-Dennis... et cetera.

4 passes in a row - lol.
    Sorry, let me adjust:

Holmes-Dennis hoofs it up long to Makienok, who loses yet another aerial battle... Ahearne-Grant can't quite get there; Solly March breezes past Ghoochannejhad and then Gudmundson far too easily... etc.
  • Sponsored links:

• Teams sound like they're coming out.
  • We are the lowest away goal scorers in the whole of the football league, with four goals.
  • When the Red Red Robin
    Goes bob bob bobbin’
    Along, along,
    There’ll be no more sobbin’
    As he keeps throbbin’
    His old, sweet song,
    Wake up! Wake up, you sleepy head.
    Get up! Get up get out of bed.
    Cheer up! Cheer up, the sun is red.
    Live, love, laugh and be happy!

What if I feel blue?
    I’ll go walking through
    Fields of flowers.
    Rain may glisten, but still I listen
    For hours, and hours.
    I’m like a kid again,
    Doing what I did again,
    Singing this song,
    When the Red Red Robin
    Goes bob bob bobbin’ along!
  • Wanted that front 3 to start but can't work out why THD isn't starting over Fox.
  • apologies up front for any typos and spelling mistakes
  • I'm stuck at a Christmas lunch in Lancaster, thankfully the internet works- good luck RM and
    COYA
  • I wouldn't play fox rather than THD but I would rather bring on THD than fox, not sure if I've expressed that very well.

Naby sarr is young and maybe a bit inexperienced to be a solid championship centre back. How old and experienced is Lennon? I don't get this. I wish we hadn't paid Bikey for the whole of this season to do one but that's just on individual competence not team ability. Several games I went to last year Bikey was the best player on the pitch from a technical perspective, if only someone had taught him to care and lead.

Worried we might get ripped to shreds through the back 4
  • Manchester Uniteds James Wilson makes his full debut for Brighton today, on loan.
  • Good luck, and a big thank you to Red and his merry elves.
  • addicks to ko
  • Sponsored links:

• Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 14s14 seconds ago
    KICK-OFF | Charlton get us underway. COME ON YOU REDS! #cafc #CAFCLive
  • Hampshire referee given out 80 yellow cards this season, done Brighton a lot of times, I fully expect him to be, ummmm, easily swayed in their favour.
  • off we go......baur to vez te.....they clear
  • We're underway and we start, right to left.
  • they have the ball....and play in middle of park.....they attack and baur concedes a fk in own half
  • Albion in possession, Calderon on the ball at left back, exchanges with Dunk. Murphy on the left to Wilson who draws a foul on the left - early FK.
  • fk taken....into box.....baur tackles to reza....lookman....attacks....gOALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
  • Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial now
    GGOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAALLLLLLLL! #cafc #CAFCLive
  • Brum 0-1 Udders
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!