Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Addicks v's Brighton match thread 5/12/15

Comments

• Does anyone else get the feeling that Fraeye has gone - shit or bust, coupled with best from of defence is to attack? Lookman could kill them with his pace, but we need to hold a tight midfield with Alou playing the holding role in front of the back 4.
  • Wilson is the lad on loan from Man Utd, just the sort of player we should have been looking to get when loan window was open in my opinion

No chance he would come to us if Brighton were also interested in him
  • Think its harsh dropping Holmes-Dennis but do like the look of the side...

Have no concerns over Lennon being able to deal with Wilson and Zamora... We all remember how big and physical the Strikers in League One could be
  • colin1961 said:

Harsh on Sarr when players like Solly and Fox keep their places

All three have been poor but who is the alternative Right-Back if we were to replace Fox with Tarieq?
  • Can't work out whether it's very brave or very stupid to be playing with Lookman, JBG, Gucci and Vaz Te all starting away to the team top of the league. Shit or bust.
  • THD might be injured? Can't think of any other reason why Fox would start over him.
  • important game for some who are there.

good luck to lennon. tough game for him but sarr needed to be dropped after last week.

Big chance for Reza. I think he's too light weight for this league personally but this is a good test.

a start for Vaz te alongside lookman. hope a partnership can form.

come on you addicks! lets stop these seagulls mid-flight and send them crashing down to earth.

• colin1961 said:

Harsh on Sarr when players like Solly and Fox keep their places

All three have been poor but who is the alternative Right-Back if we were to replace Fox with Tarieq?
    Cousins. With Ba in the middle.
  • CAFCsayer said:

Can't work out whether it's very brave or very stupid to be playing with Lookman, JBG, Gucci and Vaz Te all starting away to the team top of the league. Shit or bust.

I know what you mean but just look at the Match Preview... to many fans on there we've already lost which means we can do one of two things:

(1) Setup incredibly defensively and hope for a draw... Our defending proves that won't happen so we will lose but pinching a goal will be extremely unlikely (Only four away this season)
    (2) We give it a go... We might lose 3 / 4-0 but at the end of the day its still only three points... and with so many attackers on the pitch, we may nick a goal and then we can go Defensive
  • edited December 2015

CHARLTON | Henderson, Solly (c), Bauer, Lennon, Fox, Diarra, Cousins, Ghoochannejhad, Gudmundsson, Lookman, Vaz Te

unless we are playing three up front, one of Reza, Lookman or Vaz Te will be playing out of position in midfield.

I remember Reza playing on the right of midfield at Derby two seasons ago. Craig Forsyth the Derby left back ran past him at will to overload Lawrie Wilson. I can't see how they could try that again.
  • Sponsored links:

• All three have been poor but who is the alternative Right-Back if we were to replace Fox with Tarieq?

I would have put JC at RB and Ba in the middle with Tarieq at LB
  • C'mon Charlton
    C'mon Charlton

backs to the wall but we get a 2- 2 draw. Vaz Te gets both
  • So after highlighting the right side of Brighton as their main strength he selects Fox at left back with maybe Lookman or JBG ahead of him?!
  • I'm a bit gutted that Jackson still isn't fit to play.
  • The front three look good but will be a luxury if we can't get any service to them. The midfield have to turn up today.
  • Afternoon all, looking forward to a bit of a rest as PaddyP17 steps in.
    I believe it may be Lennons league debut for us...could be wrong...I am, he played at Doncaster when we lost 0-3.
  • I guessed Vaz Te, Lookman and Reza in the prediction thread. Also suggested shit or bust. So I'm happy with that. It's positive. But Solly? That could be the Achilles heel. I'd have played JC as right back.
  • CHARLTON | Henderson, Solly (c), Bauer, Lennon, Fox, Diarra, Cousins, Ghoochannejhad, Gudmundsson, Lookman, Vaz Te

Look at that squad depth Katrien.
  • I'm concerned at our lack of physicality in midfield, Gucci will kick lumps out of them blown over by a puff of wind.
  • Drops two overseas signings in Mak and Sarr and goes with the youth and players with more Championship experience in Lookman, Lennon and Vaz Te.

Similar to when Riga was here. Reality of managing a team in the Championship different from the data analysis on the lap top
  • Sponsored links:

• We have loads of pace up front, and if we can get a few 'breaks' we may just nick this, they don't score many (but today could be different I suppose) and i dont think have been behind in too many games this season
  • 15 minutes to ko....COYR's
  • colin1961 said:

CAFCsayer said:

Can't work out whether it's very brave or very stupid to be playing with Lookman, JBG, Gucci and Vaz Te all starting away to the team top of the league. Shit or bust.

No good defending against a team as confident as Brighton go for it they can't score if we are attacking them positive management
    Like it. Let's adapt the Colin style of management, but we'll need to hold that attack for 90 minutes plus added time. If we get caught on the counter once it may hurt us.
  • Their blokes call him Carol Fry.
  • That seems a pretty strange line up, a 4-3-3 with Lookman/Vaz Te/Ghooch up top would make sense but I'm not sure where that would leave JBG. Huge responsibility on Diarra and Cousins to run the game for those guys.
  • I'd rather watch this team: Henderson, Solly, Lennon, Bauer, Fox, Kennedy, Cousins, Jackson, THD, Lookman, Ahearne-Grant.

If it's shit, then I'd rather it was (largely) OUR shit.

But still, the team today will at least test my typing: Ghoochannejhad to Makienok! He plays it in to Ahearne-Grant, who in turn feeds Gudmundsson, who plays in Holmes-Dennis... et cetera.
  • Their blokes are bigging up Lookman even before we start.
  • To be honest, i'd be having THD in there without a shadow of a doubt. Our midfield is going to be absolutely run around, would be ideal having someone with a bit more weight and battle to them than Reza and sticking them back. Support from Lookman will come from the wings and directly behind him... Otherwise we've got two inexperienced (I'm sticking Reza down as inexperienced as he's certainly not grasped the style of Championship and how to better his defenders) fast players running around half aimlessly.
  • A big game for Vaz Te, a chance to show he can be our main striker and lead the line. 6 foot 2 as well, so it's not as if he won't pose a threat in the air as well

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!