Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Addicks v's Brighton match thread 5/12/15

Good afternoon folks.....so here we go again, after last weeks poor performance against Ipswich we now travel to an in-form (not lost a game yet) Brighton and Hove Albion.
Is this a MUST win game? I would suggest not as there is still time to turn this season around, BUT we need to at least put in a performance, which was sadly missing last week, if for no other reason than for those that have traveled!!! I fear without a performance the traveling fans may well not bother again this season and who can blame them??
The 5th December seems to be a 'kind' date to us, not least because of the return to The Valley some 23 years ago, but its a date where we always seem to get a result on, can we carry that on today? Which Charlton will turn up, the one that played well against Sheffield Wednesday and Birmingham, or the one that turned up against, Ipswich, Brentford and PNE?
I was heartened to read that Jason Euell is reported to have said we have players lined up to bring in during January, but what type and in what positions? Knowing RD it'll only be 1 or 2, when in my opinion we are crying out for 3 or 4!!!
Leaving all that to one side, I'm hoping today's date doesn't let us down and I have changed my opinion.............1-0 Addicks after scrappy goal and then hanging on desperately, and Fraeye gets to drop the interim tag.
However if we concede first then I see another loss and Fraeye on his way out...(well I can wish for the last bit cant I?)

I'll bring you the teams as soon as I get them, but in the meantime..........COYR's!!

Comments

• Looking forward to it Red. Thanks!
  • Brighton have to lose at some point...

Why can't it be us?

P'raps.
  • edited December 2015
    Going to take Seth's place for this one, ladies and gents.

Edit: Seth's going to be about though probably and we'll be following from the away team's commentary. As usual. But he wants me to tell you all
  • Remember Club Bruges striker Tom De Sutter who chose a turkish club (Bursaspor) instead of Charlton ? Guess what ... he hardly comes of the bench. Wouldn't be surprised if he turns up ...
  • Bang on the prints.
  • I
    J BLOCK said:

I don't blame them. If they had any sense they would still be there now.
  • afternnon @PaddyP17, hows things mate?, and thanks as usual to you and seth for the opposition perspective
  • afternnon @PaddyP17, hows things mate?, and thanks as usual to you and seth for the opposition perspective

Yep all good, work has been getting in the way of match threads and CL lately - excited to be back and get on it. Sweet.
  • from Rich Cawley on Twitter-:
    Over at an extremely windy Amex Stadium today. Brighton can beat QPR's record of 19 Championship league games unbeaten today.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited December 2015

Team news on its way
  • Are they that good? Has their team changed that dramatically since last years shower?
  • SUBS | Pope, Sarr, Holmes-Dennis, Ba, Charles-Cook, Ahearne-Grant, Makienok

Team news on its way

We're playing 12 outfield players? I hope the referee doesn't notice!
  • Big news for #cafc today is that Harry Lennon and Ricardo Vaz Te start. No Jackson (hamstring). Naby Sarr dropped to bench.
  • CHARLTON | Henderson, Solly (c), Bauer, Lennon, Fox, Diarra, Cousins, Ghoochannejhad, Gudmundsson, Lookman, Vaz Te

Lennon straight in a CB? Hmmm..
  • BHFC Stockdale; Bruno, Greer, Dunk, Calderon; Murphy, Stephens, Kayal, March; Zamora, Wilson.
  • BHFC subs Maenpaa (GK), Chicksen, Huenemeier, Ince, van La Parra, Manu, Hemed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Very harsh that THD has been dropped.
  • Big news for #cafc today is that Harry Lennon and Ricardo Vaz Te start. No Jackson (hamstring). Naby Sarr dropped to bench.

Sarr looks so unsteady on his feet, the wind would probably blow him over!

A tough place to make your Championship debut at CB, Zamora will be a real test
  • Looks as though it will be a 4-2-3-1/4-3-3 for the the addicks. Can they repeat heroics of their victory at Birmingham?
  • edited December 2015
    Wrong team in my eyes

Henderson
    Solly Bauer Sarr Holmes-Dennis
    Gudmundsson Cousins Diarra Ghoochannejhad
    Lookman Vaz Te

But ah well we will lose anyway

Or even

Henderson
    Solly Bauer Sarr Holmes-Dennis
    Cousins Diarra Ba
    Gudmundsson
    Lookman Vaz Te
  • Looks as though it will be a 4-2-3-1/4-3-3 for the the addicks. Can they repeat heroics of their victory at Birmingham?

That's a very attacking formation for an away game at Brighton, with effectively 4 attacking players in the team
  • Wilson is the lad on loan from Man Utd, just the sort of player we should have been looking to get when loan window was open in my opinion
  • Very windy today at Stoke., perhaps helping to level the playing field and contribution to current scoreline Stoke 2 MC 0.

*grasping at straws* for the same "help" for us today :smile:

COYR!
  • I like the front 3 of lookman, reza and vaz te. Still expect us to get dicked but am encouraged by the changes.
  • BHFC Stockdale; Bruno, Greer, Dunk, Calderon; Murphy, Stephens, Kayal, March; Zamora, Wilson.

straight 4-4-2, so nothing complicated to work out.
  • Very harsh on THD.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!