Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Following recent meetings with supporters, Charlton's CEO provides fans with an update - From OS

Comments

• Options

iainment said:

I wonder if this statement is as a result of the new (interim) communications officer which, I am told, is now in place, whilst the search goes on for a permanent one.

That's interesting because I was thinking that the volume and type of tweets had changed. Lots on the interfaith event for example.
    I'm not on twitter. Interfaith event what's that all about?
    http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/charlton-athletic-community-trust-inter-faith-2807396.aspx
    So people of no faith can be ignored then as they have nothing to contribute to positive community relations.
  • Options
    iainment said:

iainment said:

I wonder if this statement is as a result of the new (interim) communications officer which, I am told, is now in place, whilst the search goes on for a permanent one.

That's interesting because I was thinking that the volume and type of tweets had changed. Lots on the interfaith event for example.
    http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/charlton-athletic-community-trust-inter-faith-2807396.aspx
    So people of no faith can be ignored then as they have nothing to contribute to positive community relations.
    Amen, to that statement.
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

I thought there was a permanent one due to start in the new year?
    February.
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:

Redrobo said:

Can we all now agree the Ipswich protest is now off?

Bl**dy hope not !

Just spent £25 on 4 black & white scarves !

• Options
    Badger said:

Curb_It said:

I thought there was a permanent one due to start in the new year?
    February.
    I hear that after the fans meeting they realised they needed someone quickly to help so have got someone in. Something AB and others has been saying for a while now.
  • Options
    Granpa said:

Following meetings with Club supporters, Katrien has now found enough 'yes men ' to form a committee.

Is how I read it too.
  • Options
    Granpa said:

Following meetings with Club supporters, Katrien has now found enough 'yes men ' to form a committee.

That's out of order imho

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Granpa said:

That's out of order imho

It is, but he is also batting around the truth sadly enough.. Katrien is playing this all by her rules and a lot of our supporters are playing into her hands. Her wording and timing is not coincidental, and nor is her play acting around the sadness the protests... If they really upset her enough to almost break down why was she laughing at fans and taking photos/videos at the time?
  • Options

Would make a lot of sense getting in some people to support the CEO, and help out the comms team.
    I was surprised that there would be such a long wait until the new person came in and then got up to speed, as I had mentioned on previous threads.
  • Options
    iainment said:

iainment said:

Bit bizarre. This was an inter-faith event. Why would a report of it talk about people of no faith?

• Options
    rikofold said:

iainment said:

iainment said:

Bit bizarre. This was an inter-faith event. Why would a report of it talk about people of no faith?

If it's about improving community relations ignoring a group as large as the people of no faith is surely counter productive. After all it is estimated that the no faith population is about 12% of the world population.
  • Options
    rikofold said:

iainment said:

iainment said:

Pointing out the flaws of basing things on a lack of evidence is shaky ground when defending religion.
  • Options
    edited November 2015

rikofold said:

iainment said:

iainment said:

Pointing out the flaws of basing things on a lack of evidence is shaky ground when defending religion.
    Except I wasn't defending religion, I was asking why an article about an inter-faith conference "as part of Inter Faith Week" would focus on people with no faith.

It's a bit like saying that cats can be ignored because they weren't mentioned at Crufts.
  • Options
    iainment said:

rikofold said:

iainment said:

iainment said:

If it's about improving community relations ignoring a group as large as the people of no faith is surely counter productive. After all it is estimated that the no faith population is about 12% of the world population.
    Did you even read the article? It was a q&a talking about the positive aspects of living in a multi-faith society. It wasn't an exclusive planning session on transforming society.
  • Options
    rikofold said:

iainment said:

rikofold said:

iainment said:

iainment said:

Did you even read the article? It was a q&a talking about the positive aspects of living in a multi-faith society. It wasn't an exclusive planning session on transforming society.
    Another blatant signal of the Board's lack of ambition...please raise it when you meet ;-)
  • Options
    Don't knock it. It's a step forward.
  • Options
    rikofold said:

iainment said:

rikofold said:

iainment said:

iainment said:

I did read it and they said it was about improving community relations, as long as you have faith. Atheists and agnostics just bugger off and know your place.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

It's a side step which is being viewed as supporters as a mini win, just in my opinion. If anything I'd say it edges into the side that it's more of a step forward for KM than us.
  • Options

It's a side step which is being viewed as supporters as a mini win, just in my opinion. If anything I'd say it edges into the side that it's more of a step forward for KM than us.
    At the moment Meire probably thinks she has pacified the natives.

A successful next two games then she may think she's right, a troubled next two games then she'll brought back to earth with a bump.
  • Options
    Credit where it's due. She's starting to say the right things & suggesting that she has taken notice.

We shall have to see what develops.
  • Options

Credit where it's due. She's starting to say the right things & suggesting that she has taken notice.

IMO she's playing games to placate the protesters
    Sounds like you prefer protest to progress. If the need for protest is removed what are you worried about. If no progress is made what stops protest?

• Options
    Would be interested to know what her demeanour is from those who are seeing her in private. Is she being genuinely placatory or giving any hint of humility?
  • Options

IMO she's playing games to placate the protesters
    Quite possibly. But if she doesn't come up with what she has promised in black & white, then her position will be become even more precarious, so I feel she has little alternative, but to do so.