Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Following recent meetings with supporters, Charlton's CEO provides fans with an update - From OS

Comments

• Options
    That statement says a lot but nothing at all. Call me Confucius Plumb.
  • Options
    At the end of the day from her (& to some extent but there is little evidence he actually gives a sh-t - RD's) perspective - this is all going to boil down to the huge gamble on Karel Fraeye.

KF pulls off a miracle & we rise up the table like a rocket - all will be forgotten if not forgiven & the board can finally pat themselves on the back for a genius appointment

KF's tenure reflects the result you would expect given his background & we keep on losing - things will escalate off the pitch

I don't know why but I have a feeling he may have united the discontented playing staff - who to me didn't seem to be playing for Luzon towards the end - as was the rumoured case with Peeters. I can't say I am a fan of KF in any way but he seems less of a cartoon character than the blockheaded Peeters & the just plain incompetent Luzon - if he cannot get this right, very quickly, then the Belgium experiment must be over - where else can they turn? Last chance saloon.

• Options
    We are the 2%

Keep pushing.... another BIG protest and she'll start getting angry...

Or she may just admit some fault...

Either way we are getting somewhere... re double our efforts...

• Options
    edited November 2015
  • Options
    scruffle said:

"Last week I outlined that our key strategic objective is to make Charlton a competitive Championship club with Premier League ambitions. Underpinning that objective our other targets include:
    - To be successful in our recruitment, retention and trading of players
    - To have a stable, financial policy which also is successful in growing our commercial base
    - To create a best-in-class Academy which regularly produces players for our first team
    - Creating a system of communications and interactions with all our fanbase which makes our supporters feel valued
    - Maintaining our remarkably successful presence in the local community via the Charlton Athletic Community Trust

OK, no metrics but small steps.

Jesus, that's a pointless statement. She may as well add 'win as many games as possible'. There's nothing there that tells us how they plan to do that, or even how they plan to build on previous mistakes. We don't even know if they acknowledge previous mistakes, they haven't with the managers.
    In fairness although we have less numbers wise, we at least have players on longer contracts atm, meaning the endless churn of sigining an entire new squad in the summer shouldn't happen next summer, unless it's our choice.....
    So we are in the relegation zone with most of the squad on long contracts. Deja vu? Comforting?
  • Options
    Actions speak louder than words Katrien. I'll believe it when I see it. It all blows up in her face when Fraeye isn't replaced.
  • Options

scruffle said:

"Last week I outlined that our key strategic objective is to make Charlton a competitive Championship club with Premier League ambitions. Underpinning that objective our other targets include:
    - To be successful in our recruitment, retention and trading of players
    - To have a stable, financial policy which also is successful in growing our commercial base
    - To create a best-in-class Academy which regularly produces players for our first team
    - Creating a system of communications and interactions with all our fanbase which makes our supporters feel valued
    - Maintaining our remarkably successful presence in the local community via the Charlton Athletic Community Trust

OK, no metrics but small steps.

Jesus, that's a pointless statement. She may as well add 'win as many games as possible'. There's nothing there that tells us how they plan to do that, or even how they plan to build on previous mistakes. We don't even know if they acknowledge previous mistakes, they haven't with the managers.
    In fairness although we have less numbers wise, we at least have players on longer contracts atm, meaning the endless churn of sigining an entire new squad in the summer shouldn't happen next summer, unless it's our choice.....
    So we are in the relegation zone with most of the squad on long contracts. Deja vu? Comforting?
    I'm comfortable that once we've got out injured squad back fit we'll be in a much healthier position in the league yeah, and a massive upheaval of the squad in the summer can only be a good thing in my book
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

If Roland only trusts individuals to run his businesses that no other rational person finds it possible to trust, maybe it is time for him to :

A. Book an appointment with the psychiatrist.
    B. Get us a CEO with even a vague idea about how to run a football club.

Didn't someone once describe David Milliband as 'the prat on his gap year' .. well she strikes me as the 'intern left in charge for the day'.

Powerpoint presentations at football supporters meetings..God help us all. That woman will have us making improvised rafts from oil drums to prove our leadership skills next.

If I close my eyes tight enough will she just go away when I open them?
  • Options

Actions speak louder than words Katrien. I'll believe it when I see it. It all blows up in her face when Fraeye isn't replaced.

And the results continue on a losing run.
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    cafctom said:

This is why I think the Trusts obsession with 'communication' will lead us nowhere.

So she will talk more hot air about things we already know - great, big deal.

End this nonsense about 'black and white' because whatever they spell out isn't going to stop them going and hiring a manager from the Belgian 3rd Division anyway.

Exactly. Post of the week.

• Options
    All very good but surely the prime objective right now should be: Avoid relegation to League 1
  • Options
    Nothing she says is neither impressive or majorly informative, so increased comms is bit pointless IMO...getting the same old routinely bit. There's no point, save your breath.

The "strategy" is more clearly outlined now (i guess) but just because you have pie in the sky ambition that will not happen, isn't all of a sudden an answer to everything and doesn't stop the questions and suddenly it makes you more credible.

Do these objections have self given time limits so we can identify if it's delivered?

Like we want 20k by 2 years, 3 years? (She may have said that I don't know)

If our finances were that great, the 40% increased wage bill is strange as it has not accomplished anything and not been an improvement on previous squads just sort of shows MUG on her forehead and ours. Time may tell on the squads quality...but basically your saying your paying people more money...to not do a better job, so that money's currently slowly being wasted in a sense?

She's perhaps proved we have more money then previous owners (which was expected) , so they are spending more on players that aren't worth it then?!

Some might argue we actually have a decent squad. I think we do in a way.... but don't want to look hard enough to have them managed properly and effectively, instead Roland can only employ someone he already knows, even though he's hardly ever at the valley, and the people hes employed and been familiar with, hasnt done a good job in the end. He's scared of meeting new people...or scared of katrien meeting new people?

You can get trust out of someone based on Interview and CV. Suppose they might possibly expose secrets and or refuse pathetic unsecure contracts thrown there way.

If we had that much money (£9m spent of transfers apparently) we wouldn't have needed to sell Gomez 1.5 million.....Gomez would be worth investing in FOR 1.5mil for us to buy.

Yes you don't want to risk him being out of contract....but give him one he can't refuse then sell him for a much larger profit...after he realises he doesn't want to play for a team flirts with league 1 every year and everyone hates everything.

This post wasn't supposed to be a rant and a dig but it just sort of happens.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Difficult to see how any of these objectives can be achieved with the 3rd smallest budget in the league, constant turnover of players/managers/scouting staff, falling crowds, poor on pitch performance, the end of Liege CL castoffs, and the collapse of FFP.

I have clear, goals. I'd like to shack up with Kylie (or similar), ditch work, spend 3 months a year in the sun and live in a luxurious pad. I have a clear strategy on how this can be achieved, I buy 8 lottery tickets a week.

How many £2s do CAFC invest in each week?

Apart from Kylie those are my aims and my strategy.
  • Options
    I wonder if this statement is as a result of the new (interim) communications officer which, I am told, is now in place, whilst the search goes on for a permanent one.
  • Options

I wonder if this statement is as a result of the new (interim) communications officer which, I am told, is now in place, whilst the search goes on for a permanent one.

That's interesting because I was thinking that the volume and type of tweets had changed. Lots on the interfaith event for example.
  • Options
    The very broad objectives set out a high level vision for the club that I admire and can buy into.

The problem is I don't believe a word.
  • Options

Actually I think the club could have bought a premiership team and manager; you would still want Katrien and Duchatelet out. There is no rationale. Its just a personal thing and that is sad because it has nothing to do with the football. We are where we are people. Deal with the actions which are proposed by the club after meetings with the fans; let these run their course and see. Patience is a virtue. Hurling abuse is not the answer. Protest for better communication will be pretty pointless unless after a few weeks there has not been any. I sometimes people feel a sense of purpose and togetherness in protest and that THAT is the reason they are there.

That's a pretty sweeping statement to make about the intentions of thousands of fans with no real evidence or a valid argument to back up your point.

Hi Katrien.
  • Options

That's interesting because I was thinking that the volume and type of tweets had changed. Lots on the interfaith event for example.
    I'm not on twitter. Interfaith event what's that all about?
  • Options
    Let's see how much dialogue and promises we have when we haven't got a game on Sky coming up.
  • Options
    iainment said:

I'm not on twitter. Interfaith event what's that all about?
    http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/charlton-athletic-community-trust-inter-faith-2807396.aspx
  • Options

I thought there was a permanent one due to start in the new year?